• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have paths laid out in your town?

Do you lay down paths?

• I lay brick/wood paths.

Votes: 40 58.0%
  • None. Free range.

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Flowers lining the way.

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
Nah, mostly because I just don't have the patience to do that, lol. I have a small park however that I covered with bricks.

I tried but it looked hideous. I like the look of paths but the frustration of accidentally rubbing them off, fruit and presents disappearing on them, and them overall just looking disjointed and not blending in naturally made me give up on them. I feel happier without them, but maybe one day I'll find some qr codes that look right to me.

I used to! But after a few months of hiatus, I decided to remove all of the path I'd laid and go with a more natural look. Left all the clover around, rearranged my flowers, and ta da, I'm back into playing!

So basically, I go through phases. Sometimes I like to path, sometimes I don't!

yes ive worked hard to have paths over most of my town, leaving room for some grass and flowers. I don't know why I don't like just natural dirt paths, but it doesn't feel as homey to me as my paths do! I have seasonal grass and snow patterns that I've saved and use seasonally <3 I like to add some squares with a stepping stone pattern to make a path through the grass!

I have one but it's a brown one that blends in a bit.

yeah, but I don't use the fancy stuff using the scan code thing. I just use the drawing menu thing where you can make your own carpets and stuff. I regretted it though cause it looks kinda bad, and I spent like two whole days destroying half of them, and I decided I would keep a few. I probably should use the fancy ones tho

I had paths, but it just doesn't feel right. I'm going for a more natural town now, flowers everywhere except the path, where clovers will grow.

Eventually when the dream lady comes in my town, I'm gonna check ppls villages and get ideas.

Once my dream villagers are all settled in, I am planning on making dirt/natural paths. I love the way they look!

I have path QR codes, but I mostly use them to make a sort of...stepping platform around my shops and such.

The path I'm using in my all-bunny town is obviously for Spring weather, but I genuinely don't care.

I do in my first two towns. In my third one I don't have any and don't really plan to, though in a way it's frustrating for me not to have them. I find myself running around blindly and accidentally trampling flowers and running into things without a path. In my other towns I can easily just go where I need to and run without worrying. Especially with hybrids, I couldn't imagine not having a path. I go for brick ones, just because I've never found wood ones that I like.

in my 2nd town half of it has paths, the other half is natural forest and dirt paths. There's a really clear path made by trees and bush starts and it eventually connects to my main path. I was going to have it all natural but my villagers made such a cute little village on the right of the map I just decided to make that a "town area".

In my NL town, I have been using a Rosy Brick pattern for my town. It's been about a year since I laid them out and it would be difficult to imagine my town without them at this point!

I plan not to use paths in WW, to leave it with a more natural foresty feel, though.

Eventually when the dream lady comes in my town, I'm gonna check ppls villages and get ideas.

I do this allll the time, it definitely helps but a lot of the villages I've been to are setup so anything that falls from trees disappear, mainly from bushes or paths. It looks pretty but I like getting fruit and furniture! Just something to keep in mind when you do go.

I llike paths and agree it makes the pwps look nice and fiit into place. Just very time consuming.

I used to go through a lot of trouble with paths, and Pembroke is the first town where I really haven't. Maybe once I have the flower layout that I want I will invest a little bit of time into them. Also I used my design slots on dresses for my mayor! And I don't think I'll want to give those up.

I have stone and wooden paths that look good all year round., everywhere in my town. It's a Zen town so the wood looks really nice around it and where I want it to look more natural I use stones, clovers and mushrooms.

I have paths in my town because I think my town looks really plain without them, plus the paths help me from accidentally running into the hybrids I'm growing.

I have paths alternating with clovers and stone tiles in my town. They've been there for so long and now I'm thinking I should go the natural route.. I can't imagine how people sometimes cover their ENTIRE town layout with patterns >.<

Back