• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Terrorist Attacks in Paris

you're just being blatantly islamophobic now
please stop before you embarrass yourself any further or offend anybody

excuse me? I am talking about ISIS and what they believe, not the entirety of Muslims.

And by stating their religious book does not make me islamophobic, I'm not sure how you got that. i'm just stating facts.

terrorism has no religion

Terrorism can or cannot be religiously motivated, but there have been many instances where it has.

- - - Post Merge - - -

excuse me? I am talking about ISIS and what they believe, not the entirety of Muslims.

And by stating their religious book does not make me islamophobic, I'm not sure how you got that. i'm just stating facts.

Exactly, the sharia law has been known to be a reason for terrorism. Not all Muslims are terrorists, only a minority are, but the say the sharia law is their reason for their actions.

This is so scary. My prayers go out to all those stuck in this mess. :(

This stuff scares me so much. It could happen anywhere.

murder is not islam. these people are not muslims.
They are radical Muslims.

I don't see how you think that religion and murder cannot be connected.

When a religious book blatantly tells people to kill other people just because, that is murder and that is from religion.

Last edited:
I can't even put into words how upset I am by this. Humanity is becoming crueller by the minute. I wish religion never existed. The people behind this are to blame, of course, but if it's true these are motivated by ISIS (I haven't heard anything about that officially yet), I just wish religion never came to be. No personal belief should be used as a weapon and brutally forced upon innocent people.

can everyone just leave their opinions at home please and concentrate on sending prayers to everyone there and post helpful information, worries and concerns. putting blame, pointing fingers and making assumptions isnt helping anyone. this isnt a who was right bingo.

i'm really worried what this means for the already messy refugee situation and i really dont wanna see more racism rising in france and everywhere :(

my thoughts are with you there

Last edited:
can everyone just leave their opinions at home please and concentrate on sending prayers to everyone there and post helpful information, worries and concern. putting blames, pointing fingers and making assumptions isnt helping anyone. this isnt a who was right bingo.

i''m really worried what this means for the already messy refugee situation and i really dont wanna see more racism rising in france and everywhere :(

Exactly. Leave it to the internet to turn the deaths of over 100 innocent people into a religious debate.

My heart goes out to the families and loved ones of everyone who died tonight.

This is something that seems really well coordinated. Poor innocent France :( Hope any of you TBTers from France are safe.

It just really makes me realize how things like this will just keep happening if we don't do something about it. And truth be told, I don't know what we'd do about it.

love the islamophobia in this thread
FOX News is not the most credible news source. Wait until more than one news station is reporting the same thing before calling something fact. Wait until actual French news stations are reporting that a certain group is responsible. Focus less on who could have done it and more on good wishes for the victims and their families. Also, like epona said, murder is not islam. At all.

Last edited:
love the islamophobia in this thread
FOX News is not the most credible news source. Wait until more than one news station is reporting the same thing before calling something fact. Wait until actual French news stations are reporting that a certain group is responsible. Focus less on who could have done it and more on good wishes for the victims and their families. Also, like epona said, murder is not islam. At all.

Thank you!

So besides the military going in and state of emergency, etc, what else is being done? Are any other countries sending aid, etc? Sorry I don't have cable or anything (just Netflix/Hulu/etc) so I can't really keep up with anything.

And anyways, grouping all Muslims as terrorists is wrong. ISIS, in particular, is a group of radical Sunni Muslims. Almost all Sunni and Shia Muslims disagree with ISIS' ways.

R.I.P to the victims that were lost
It's a time and place for everything but not right now

And anyways, grouping all Muslims as terrorists is wrong. ISIS, in particular, is a group of radical Sunni Muslims. Almost all Sunni and Shia Muslims disagree with ISIS' ways.

I never said all Muslims are terrorists. I just said that ISIS is a radical group and the sharia law doesn't help.

It just really makes me realize how things like this will just keep happening if we don't do something about it. And truth be told, I don't know what we'd do about it.
Intelligence agencies are working on it. Raids are being carried out every now and then on radicalized individuals or terrorist cells. There was a large one in various European countries just yesterday. There was also another attack being planned in France (specifically an attack on a naval base in Toulon) which was prevented. People are working hard to get these kinds of people before they hurt anyone.

Sadly, the terrorists do sometimes slip through and an attack happens.

Back