• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your least favorite thing about Nintendo?

uwuzumakii

memento mori
Bells
Spring Sakura
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Isabelle
Perfect Cherry
Mango
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Festival Lantern
Plum Blossom
My least favorite thing is they lack of attention towards the demand of certain amiibos. What's your least favorite thing?

icMcqjS.jpg

Not just amiibos, but they ignore demand for almost everything.

Also Mother 3 when

The Miiverse redesign. I used to go on there all the time. When the redesign came I started going on there less and less. Now I don't really go on it.

Also Mother 3 when
Also this.

And regular 3DS internet browser is a joke.

Last edited:
WHERE'S MY POKEMON SNAP 2, NINTENDO????

FOR THE WII U? THE CONSOLE MADE FOR A PHOTOGRAPHY GAME?????

Thank you for this thread, that was cathartic.

their bad game line up most of the time

to me, the worst thing they've done was doing that youtube policy thingie. they have all the right to do it, but it's still bull****. my opinion >_>

The way they handle tutorials in most of their new games, making them extremely long or adding a helper character who always points out what to do in a puzzle before the player even has a chance to work it out themself. Like I know there's gonna be kids playing these games and that's who it's for but at least give the option to skip it. :v

My least favorite thing about an otherwise fantastic game company is how slow they are when it comes to adapting to today's standards due of the way the Kyoto-based company operates. That might explain a lot on why it takes so long to properly get online right while Xbox One and PS4 are far ahead of their games for the most part. A quote from Dan Adelman, one of the former Nintendo executives has said in an interview earlier this year:

Nintendo is not only a Japanese company, it is a Kyoto-based company. For people who aren’t familiar, Kyoto-based are to Japanese companies as Japanese companies are to US companies. They’re very traditional, and very focused on hierarchy and group decision making. Unfortunately, that creates a culture where everyone is an advisor and no one is a decision maker – but almost everyone has veto power.

Even Mr. Iwata is often loathe to make a decision that will alienate one of the executives in Japan, so to get anything done, it requires laying a lot of groundwork: talking to the different groups, securing their buy-in, and using that buy-in to get others on board. At the subsidiary level, this is even more pronounced, since people have to go through this process first at NOA or NOE (or sometimes both) and then all over again with headquarters. All of this is not necessarily a bad thing, though it can be very inefficient and time consuming. The biggest risk is that at any step in that process, if someone flat out says no, the proposal is as good as dead. So in general, bolder ideas don’t get through the process unless they originate at the top.

There are two other problems that come to mind. First, at the risk of sounding ageist, because of the hierarchical nature of Japanese companies, it winds up being that the most senior executives at the company cut their teeth during NES and Super NES days and do not really understand modern gaming, so adopting things like online gaming, account systems, friends lists, as well as understanding the rise of PC gaming has been very slow. Ideas often get shut down prematurely just because some people with the power to veto an idea simply don’t understand it.

The last problem is that there is very little reason to try and push these ideas. Risk taking is generally not really rewarded. Long-term loyalty is ultimately what gets rewarded, so the easiest path is simply to stay the course. I’d love to see Nintendo make a more concerted effort to encourage people at all levels of the company to feel empowered to push through ambitious proposals, and then get rewarded for doing so.

At this point, I'm amazed that Nintendo managed to be quite popular over the years despite all of these hurdles.

Source: https://dromble.wordpress.com/2015/...os-culture-third-party-support-and-much-more/

The low amount of Amiibos and the amount of spin-off games this year from them. Happy Home Designer does look fun but... $40 is too much considering they reused so many things from New Leaf in it

I don't like that they're focusing so hard on new game consoles and trying to get ahead that they're ending up almost completely forgetting something.
"Hey, Nintendo, this new hardware is great and all, but we need SOFTWARE, too, don't we? Where are the games?"
"Uhhhh... Here! Have some thrown-together-at-the-last-minute games! And some spinoff games! And a whole bunch of Mario games that aren't innovative at all but easy for us to crank out in seconds! .... :D"
Thanks, Nintendo. I mean I'm pumped for the new Zelda next year and all, but in the meantime I wish I had something else new and quality from them, you know?

I don't like that they're focusing so hard on new game consoles and trying to get ahead that they're ending up almost completely forgetting something.
"Hey, Nintendo, this new hardware is great and all, but we need SOFTWARE, too, don't we? Where are the games?"
"Uhhhh... Here! Have some thrown-together-at-the-last-minute games! And some spinoff games! And a whole bunch of Mario games that aren't innovative at all but easy for us to crank out in seconds! .... :D"
Thanks, Nintendo. I mean I'm pumped for the new Zelda next year and all, but in the meantime I wish I had something else new and quality from them, you know?

Yes... This is completely true. I've been with Nintendo since the GameCube era, (since that's when I was able to comprehend things), and lately, Nintendo has been slacking off with a lot of their stuff!

Their lack of knowledge (or passion) for online play. Anything multiplayer online, they fail at 90% of the time. Ever try playing Mario Kart 7 online with a friend? Good luck.

Them shoving "pay to play" games down your throat. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball anyone? Disgusting.

As someone else mentioned earlier, their YouTube policy is pretty hamfisted and dumb. They are well within their rights to do as they will, but the specifications for what your channel can cover are awkward.

Not being able to use the Gamecube controller on the Wii U for anything other than Smash Bros. is kind of disappointing, but it's not a big deal.

Less specifically aimed at Nintendo proper, I'm frustrated that they're allowing Intelligent Systems to turn one of their/Nintendo's longest running first-party franchises into a waifu/husbando simulator. I've been a fan of Fire Emblem for years, and it's disheartening that the games are going from cool tactical games with somewhat interesting stories to a game where the story suffers because everyone in your army has to have time travel babies. Money talks and they're going with what sold the most, but it's not like they ever actually tried to advertise the series before.

Mother 3 is another issue, though I worry what might change if they were to mess with things during the translation process.

Oh, and the NX. We'll have to see what's up with that when it finally comes out, but it's hard not to feel like the Wii U was a wasted purchase. Regardless, still interested in it when it is released.

Last edited:
I can't really pick anything that has been mentioned, but I just wish the HOME console (Aka Wii U) sold more than the PORTABLE console (AKA 3DS).... it doesn't really make sense when the system netting you the most income is not even a home console.... Or at least to me it doesn't make sense.... That's really Nintendo's fault though for not getting more innovative, fun-to-play games out faster on the Wii U though.

EDIT: Now to be fair, Microsoft and Sony's Portable consoles and line-up sucks compared to Nintendo's, but still. I'd like to think it's a sort of tradeoff that Nintendo decided to just accept and not try and help revive the Wii U.

Last edited:
The pumping out of amiibos. And way too many 2D platformers. And lack of 3rd party support.

YouTube policy is just aggressively counter producive.

Also, I have to criticize their lack of global coordination. It's like the company lacks the cohesive direction to target and address issues that matters.

People wanted a new Metroid and a proper Animal Crossing game for Wii U. They gave us 3 spin off instead. COME ON !

All their gimmicky crap. Just focus on making great games again.

Back