• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

✪ derezzed's graphics gallery

Oh wow, I'm actually in the same boat. At first I was going to use a different render - a render of Charizard - but then I saw Cam,'s entry and I decided to switch to Ace, lmao. Weird how things work out, huh? That Ace render was so easy to work with, too... so sorry about "stealing" it, in a way :p
But thanks, your signature was very nice as well!

LOOL!~ Omg ahaha wow XD And yeah I saw that!! I was like YESSS!~ ahahaha and pfftttt nope you didn't steal anything ahaha if anything you just helped me decide which one I was going to use for that entry XD I was going to make both the ace sig and the ace and marco sig and decide which ones best and use it for my entry ahahah

Oh wow, I'm actually in the same boat. At first I was going to use a different render - a render of Charizard - but then I saw Cam,'s entry and I decided to switch to Ace, lmao. Weird how things work out, huh? That Ace render was so easy to work with, too... so sorry about "stealing" it, in a way :p
But thanks, your signature was very nice as well!
hahaha, I wasn't even gonna use Charizard! I only did it cause Im doing that pokemon challenge and I happened to get Charizard on the randomizer lmao. Sorry hahaha. But your sig was amazing!

hahaha, I wasn't even gonna use Charizard! I only did it cause Im doing that pokemon challenge and I happened to get Charizard on the randomizer lmao. Sorry hahaha. But your sig was amazing!

What is with everyone and picking/switching renders? Lmao. No need to apologize, though! Charizard just seemed like a logical choice because everything related to fire screams "CHARIZARD" to me :p

Anyways, thank you for the compliment! I loved the lighting on your entry, by the way. I think I already mentioned that in my vote post, but it was really good! :-]

UPDATE
The icons in this post are of just Orphan Black and Steven Universe. I normally have more series diversity in my icon posts but this time... yeah, no :p
Anyways, OB is my favorite live action TV show, no contest, and its third season ended a few weeks ago so I had to do something with the screencaps I hoarded. Lmao. (And by the way, y'know, if you're looking for a TV show to watch... go for Orphan Black. You won't regret it. It has literally EVERYTHING. Tatiana Maslany is such a good actor that sometimes I don't even think she's real.)
Ah, and as for Steven Universe, it's a really good show as well! It's pretty much blown up everywhere so I doubt I have to say much more about it haha. The characters are great, the art style is stunning, and the soundtrack is amazing. There you go.

But yeah, update details aside, I'm quite pleased with how this batch turned out, considering my complete lighting weakness. At this point I like to think I'm good at most aspects of iconing, but lighting is definitely what I'm the worst at. If I even decide to enhance lighting in the first place, I'll normally just slap on a gradient and a few light textures (occasionally) and call it a day. Going past that is almost always a pain for me to implement, since I literally force it on, but I'm satisfied with the results, so I hope you enjoy! :-]

ICONS
100x100
[15] STEVEN UNIVERSE (Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Connie, Sardonyx, Ruby, Sapphire)
[25] ORPHAN BLACK (Sarah, Helena, Delphine, Cosima, Krystal, Alison)
[40] TOTAL
3Hql60g.png
vtaP5eF.png
ePErPX3.png
ES3UH0O.png
ReBT10M.png
nwemCiy.png
TgUnXWE.png
hJTHSZD.png
qECHBw9.png
uhbVoF9.png
lZRbjDQ.png
yn2amfP.png
uPPBy3L.png
deXz9Li.png
mcK5c6U.png
RGIXseQ.png
WvjCzCZ.png
JxDexe6.png
LSSEp6J.png
79SnCi9.png
ZFsz7UB.png
oSEYHUj.png
QRvtZeS.png
ScqUFlp.png
hpEKhEx.png
tRS5fMx.png
ZVdygDa.png
GgBZqei.png
5cT13Ex.png
hbUEZJf.png
yCrv7YL.png
wcABgDw.png
SW4k1kY.png
KeGcUvV.png
XdlhzDn.png
FMVBHk3.png
o2NhQBD.png
gYmAcUm.png
WlKKzSP.png
JdFI6Un.png
150x150
[11] STEVEN UNIVERSE (Garnet, Ruby, Sapphire, Sardonyx, Sugilite, the cool kids + Steven, Ruby, Sapphire, Rose Quartz, Opal)
[11] TOTAL
qPRbxfg.png
bJeOSbv.png
lZoScy3.png
g3VEgqs.png
M540fzE.png
ajpouVI.png
7JLj9LZ.png
BetekXt.png
xjG53FB.png
U9c5jKW.png
INXAKmL.png

TAGS
w83egLS.png

My entry for the 23rd SOTW contest :-]
And no, I can't stop making everything red.

Ah, also, one last thing YEAH I ALREADY KNOW MY POSTS ARE HELLA LONG BUT BEAR WITH ME: school will be starting up for me again really soon. This isn't exactly bad news, as I do plan to keep updating consistently, but there will probably be a lot more large pieces. I can't say for sure but you can probably expect more diverse stuff in the future ;-]

Last edited:
ohh these are so nice! I used to make all kinds of graphics/gifsets/photosets on tumblr and your gallery is very inspirational!

ohh these are so nice! I used to make all kinds of graphics/gifsets/photosets on tumblr and your gallery is very inspirational!

Thank you! I get inspiration from websites like tumblr as well (especially for my large pieces) so it's nice to know that the same goes for my gallery haha.
Out of the types of art that you mentioned, I haven't really got into GIF-making, but I do plan on learning more about it in the future :-]

Thanks again for the comment, I appreciate it \o/

UPDATE
I mentioned before that I was going to write some icon tutorials, and I'm almost finished with two. I'll be posting those once I get the .PSDs together, so it'll take a few days. I've been overloaded with math, which I hate. Blegh.
But for now, I have some other goodies (TEXTURES) and some miscellaneous sketches. Enjoy ;-]

RESOURCES
I came across some book pages with interesting designs, so I decided to make a texture set out of them. This was originally intended for my own use but then I thought others might find them useful, so I decided to share them :-]

Click on the thumbnails to see the full size images. To view them all together, click here.
(To download the entire texture pack via imgur, scroll down to the bottom and click the blue 'Download' link on the right, next to 'Embed'.)
There are 19 total, and each texture is around 4720x4668 pixels (roughly 7.8in x 7.8in), give or take a few.

These textures are completely free to use for any project, and no credit is required. (I did just scan them in and crop them, anyway.) However, redistributing is not allowed.

DRAWINGS
First week back at school was pretty boring. I ended up doodling a bit during some classes last week, haha.
To provide some explanation, my head is only ever filled with random things when I want to draw.

Again, these are thumbnails, so click on them if you want to see the (ginormous) full images.

Awesome stuff mate. I'm loving those crystal gem avis.

Thank you! They are some personal favorite of mine as well ;-]
It's honestly so easy to make graphics with SU screencaps since everything is so damn colorful.

---

Just edited the opening post so that it has an 'Updates' section now, to make the thread easier to navigate/look through.
I should've done this a long time ago, tbh.

Your icons are always impressive.

Thanks for the compliment! I do like being creative with them. Probably stems from the fact that I often feel the need to cram in as much stuff as I can no matter what type of graphic I'm working on, haha.

UPDATE

I got an icon tutorial written, finally. Though it's honestly more of a coloring tutorial. You can check it out [here].
If I ever finish Once I finish writing the entire icon tutorial compilation set I'll probably make a masterpost in the GFX Resources thread. But for now, enjoy this one I suppose.
en6gEuK.png
Basically, that tutorial reveals my secret for isolated colorings ;-]
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me about it. (The tut kind of specifically shows you how to do a black and white + red isolated coloring, but other colors are possible too.)

Also, might as well post my SOTW24 entry here;
iUuActz.png

So in terms of art this update is pretty small, but I have plans for a lot more stuff in the future. Today I realized I have a SEVERE lack of One Piece and Fairy Tail graphics, so I'll probably be doing icons for those two series in the upcoming months or so (in that order). I got motivated since I recently re-read the entirety of OP and the lastest FT chapters were just... so damn good, wow.

Also, I haven't done anything GIF-related in a while, so I'll be opening an art shop for that soon \o/
You can expect it to be up around Monday/Tuesday, depends on how long it takes me to get everything looked over.

UPDATE

It's been a while, so it's about time I posted some new stuff! Fortunately I'm getting into the habit of updating more frequently, since I used to post new graphics every 3 months in some of my older galleries.... yeah.

Anyways, I opened a shop last week, and here are the wallpapers I got requested to do so far:

(Click on thumbnails to view in full)
These pieces were custom-made for Jint, Lilliee, Kanaa, and Hatori (respectively), so they are not intended for public use.

Luckily, art shop requests don't take up too much of my free time at all, so I've been working on some icons (yes, more icons, I always do this) for a future all-One Piece dump. That'll probably be coming sometime in October.

UPDATE

More wallpaper requests:

(Click on the thumbnails to view in full)
Art featured in the wallpapers are by Jint, Alvery, ardrey, and Kyukon :-]
These pieces were custom-made for Jint, MayorEvvie, Alvery, and Kairi-Kitten (respectively), so they are not intended for public use.

Other shop stuff:
GQLSPib.gif

DSZkv5E.gif

LASLscY.gif

UgysBdV.gif

Y1v9ade.gif

Also, I've been getting asks about how I do wallpaper composition and complex iconing. Long story short: I thought the best way to become a better graphic artist was to try out everything, so now my style is literally on rotation and I try to fit as much stuff as I can on my canvas. My 100x100 icons are more complicated than they need to be because of this, lol. People like it though, so check out the layer-by-layer GIFs in the spoiler if you want to come across some of my secrets, I suppose :p
ICONS
JuQnMHH.gif
SguI42f.gif
QUNxx5Z.gif
anTUN4V.gif
i2eab5d.gif
RIBUx33.gif

dxU89Y8.png
c4qijky.png
7Mcm3Y4.png
dk1wzTb.png
7cDQNYV.png
eylq0sA.png

YES, THIS IS A PREVIEW OF THE ICONS I HAVE PREPARED FOR MY NEXT ICON DUMP. It's not a coincidence they're all One Piece; I've been saying I had a One Piece dump prepared for a long time, lol. Will be posting it soon, once I get 40+ icons together. What can I say, I just like to post in bulk.

WALLPAPERS
sj63kos.gif
7WcaiUS.gif

Oh, and one last thing- I coded something yesterday for one of my other forum gallery threads, and I got the header part done. Hoping to get the rest coded tomorrow, but I'm satisfied with how it looks so far! I mainly like to code layouts that demand attention, so red/white/black is my staple color scheme, honestly.
3JzYtba.png

Only a static preview because I have no fancy effects or transitions going on; I can't use JavaScript or anything too complicated for thread layouts. Only HTML + inline CSS is allowed... RIP me. Translating this into the BB code version is not going to be fun.

Also, I would have used Bebas Neue (a.k.a. the sexiest font known to man) as the main font but unfortunately that's not a default on most forums. WHICH NEEDS TO BE CHANGED, DAMNIT.

UPDATE

More wallpaper requests:

These pieces were custom-made for Jint, MayorEvvie, Alvery, and Kairi-Kitten (respectively), so they are not intended for public use.

Other shop stuff:
GQLSPib.gif

DSZkv5E.gif

LASLscY.gif

UgysBdV.gif

Y1v9ade.gif

Also, I've been getting asks about how I do wallpaper composition and complex iconing. Long story short: I thought the best way to become a better graphic artist was to try out everything, so now my style is literally on rotation and I try to fit as much stuff as I can on my canvas. My 100x100 icons are more complicated than they need to be because of this, lol. People like it though, so check out the layer-by-layer GIFs in the spoiler if you want to come across some of my secrets, I suppose :p
ICONS
JuQnMHH.gif
SguI42f.gif
QUNxx5Z.gif
anTUN4V.gif
i2eab5d.gif
RIBUx33.gif

dxU89Y8.png
c4qijky.png
7Mcm3Y4.png
dk1wzTb.png
7cDQNYV.png
eylq0sA.png

YES, THIS IS A PREVIEW OF THE ICONS I HAVE PREPARED FOR MY NEXT ICON DUMP. It's not a coincidence they're all One Piece; I've been saying I had a One Piece dump prepared for a long time, lol. Will be posting it soon, once I get 40+ icons together. What can I say, I just like to post in bulk.

WALLPAPERS
sj63kos.gif
7WcaiUS.gif

Oh, and one last thing- I coded something yesterday for one of my other forum gallery threads, and I got the header part done. Hoping to get the rest coded tomorrow, but I'm satisfied with how it looks so far! I mainly like to code layouts that demand attention, so red/white/black is my staple color scheme, honestly.
3JzYtba.png

Only a static preview because I have no fancy effects or transitions going on; I can't use JavaScript or anything too complicated for thread layouts. Only HTML + inline CSS is allowed... RIP me. Translating this into the BB code version is not going to be fun.

Also, I would have used Bebas Neue (a.k.a. the sexiest font known to man) as the main font but unfortunately that's not a default on most forums. WHICH NEEDS TO BE CHANGED, DAMNIT.
Looks awesome!

^ Thank you ;-]
I'll be posting even more awesome stuff in the future, hopefully at dates that aren't too far apart from each other, haha. I've done pretty good so far with updating; I haven't fallen into my "post once every three months" trap yet, lmao.

UGH YOUR STUFF IS SO GREAT HOW HAVE I NEVER LOOKED BEFORE WTF
your graphics are amazing ;A;

( oh god i fell into the 'post once every three months' trap )^: )

UGH YOUR STUFF IS SO GREAT HOW HAVE I NEVER LOOKED BEFORE WTF
your graphics are amazing ;A;

( oh god i fell into the 'post once every three months' trap )^: )

I UPDATE AT WEIRD TIMES AND THEN I LIKE TO POST ON EVERYONE ELSE'S THREAD AFTER UPDATING MY OWN, this literally always happens lmao. My thread is like the subtlest one here, probably :p
And wow, thank you!! I mostly do hobby graphics at the moment but I'll be doing a lot more large pieces for my personal portfolio in the future, when my life's not centering around exams -_-;

I feel you girl.... once you get into that rhythm, you never get out...
(but ahh thanks again for the nice comment c: )

Last edited:
I UPDATE AT WEIRD TIMES AND THEN I LIKE TO POST ON EVERYONE ELSE'S THREAD AFTER UPDATING MY OWN, this literally always happens lmao. My thread is like the subtlest one here, probably :p
And wow, thank you!! I mostly do hobby graphics at the moment but I'll be doing a lot more large pieces for my personal portfolio in the future, when my life's not centering around exams -_-;

I feel you girl.... once you get into that rhythm, you never get out...
(but ahh thanks again for the nice comment c: )

i know how it feels :C good luck on your exams and the bigger pieces!! i know youll do an awesome job :D i can only dream i could be this good at gfx one day omfg (hint: i wont be LOL)

UPDATE

More wallpaper requests:

Other shop stuff:
GQLSPib.gif

DSZkv5E.gif

LASLscY.gif

UgysBdV.gif

Y1v9ade.gif

ICONS
JuQnMHH.gif
SguI42f.gif
QUNxx5Z.gif
anTUN4V.gif
i2eab5d.gif
RIBUx33.gif

dxU89Y8.png
c4qijky.png
7Mcm3Y4.png
dk1wzTb.png
7cDQNYV.png
eylq0sA.png

WALLPAPERS
sj63kos.gif
7WcaiUS.gif

3JzYtba.png

FRICK ONE PIECE YESSS AND AHHH I LOVE SEEING YOUR WORKS!! ; v; Amazing as always!!!! I can't wait to see more and the full one piece icon set omfg

Back