• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Workout Routine

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
Hey I have a question about weight loss. What's the best way to lose 5 pounds of belly fat?

Easiest? Probably just grabbing hold of it and slicing it off with a really sharp knife.

Easiest? Probably just grabbing hold of it and slicing it off with a really sharp knife.

Yeah, dull knives don't work as well.

But honestly, the best thing to do is cut out junk food, eat more fruits/veggies, drink lots of water, and try some ab workouts or maybe start running. But if your body isn't used to working out, start slow and be careful not to hurt yourself. Losing weight takes time and effort.

Last edited:
A good dump can shift a huge amount of weight in a small amount of time. Just don't clog the toilet.

When I was a little heavier I downloaded a free iPhone app where you could scan your foods and keep track of what you eat. It was good because you could set it to lose 0.5-1.5 lbs a week which is a healthy rate of weight loss. I think it also keeps track of your protein/carb/fat/vitamin intake so that they're at a good level for your body size. Worked like a charm for me I lost about 20 lbs.

Edit: As far as working out I think 30 min of cardio 5 times a week is recommended, but losing weight is much more about making healthy eating choices than about working out like crazy.

Last edited:
There is never an 'easy' way to lose weight. If you want to make the change, it's something you have to stick with. Always remember, it takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your close friends and family to notice and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. It isn't easy.

When it comes down to it, the best and healthiest way is to exercise regularly, and eat healthy. However, eating healthy doesn't necessarily mean cut out all 'bad foods.' One small, properly portioned bowl of ice cream won't necessarily hurt you - where on the other hand, filling up on ice cream will. In order to have a healthy diet, proper proportion is key. There are several different meal plans that people use, however I keep mine simple. I try to eat 6 small healthy meals that consist of my daily intake of fruit, veggies, meat, etc., and make sure I am getting all the vitamins I need. For proportion, I fill half my plate of veggies, 1/4 protein, and 1/4 carbs. For snacks I have water and fruit. I generally try to cut out all sugary drinks.

To target a specific area, you would work specific muscles. In addition to some basic cardio, I would recommend finding a good ab work-out. There are several routines on Pinterest that are pretty good. Just remember that your stomach contains three (I think) different muscle groups in your abs, and they should all be worked out evenly.

Personally, what I have found best and the best results for me, is to join fitness classes that appeal to me. First, is that it will make it more enjoyable, because it's something you want to be doing. I tried going to the gym, doing home workouts, and I just didn't care for it. Two, there is a schedule for it, it makes you go to it at a specific time and day. Three, the financial cost is a motivator for me, you spend the money and you want the worth from it. Lastly, where I take my classes, they have built an incredibly supportive community that is built on the small accomplishments. I remember when I did my cross-back straddle for the first time on my own, I have never seen my instructor so happy for me. I was targeting toning my upper body and in four months I noticed a huge difference.

Remember though, if you want to keep the weight off there needs to be a lifestyle change. That's why healthy eating is so crucial.

you can't lose weight in one spot, it doesn't work like that. When you lose weight you lose it in general all over. Also weight is affected by what and how much you eat more than how much you exercise (exercise is for fitness mainly). So try and stay under your recommended calorie intake for the day and of that calorie intake I recommend as much veg and protein (lean meats and fish) and plenty of water or sugar free drinks.

Its really simple. Eat less, move more. Reduce calories = lose weight
Don't try and lose more than 2lbs a week though because that's not healthy
You don't really need to work out every day to lose fat, but it pays off to do at least 30mins of cardio 3-4times a week

Also spot reducing doesn't work, you need to lose weight all over. You won't just lose it anywhere you want

Last edited:
burn more calories than you consume. simple.

running is a great way to trim up

burn more calories than you consume. simple.

This isn't completely correct. If you eat foods that have a high fat percentage, your body will easier store it as fat. So if your burn let's say 2000 calories a day and you eat 1500 calories but it's all junk food, you won't come very far. When you burn more calories then you take in, that doesn't mean you burn only fat.
Example: If you decide to do some running within 2 hours after you just ate (with meals that don't contain a lot of fat) then your body is still working on the food that you just eat. Your body isn't going to burn fat, its going to burn the food you just eat. All the nutrition gone before your body could make use of it.

Tip: workout, whatever type works for you. Don't workout within 2-3 hours after you eat. And eat nutrition rich meals throughout the day, especially within a hour after you did a workout.

Last edited:
Join the BBC aka Big brandon carters excercises if u wanna get ripped abs and lose weight wooo

This isn't completely correct. If you eat foods that have a high fat percentage, your body will easier store it as fat. So if your burn let's say 2000 calories a day and you eat 1500 calories but it's all junk food, you won't come very far. When you burn more calories then you take in, that doesn't mean you burn only fat.
Example: If you decide to do some running within 2 hours after you just ate (with meals that don't contain a lot of fat) then your body is still working on the food that you just eat. Your body isn't going to burn fat, its going to burn the food you just eat. All the nutrition gone before your body could make use of it.

Tip: workout, whatever type works for you. Don't workout within 2-3 hours after you eat. And eat nutrition rich meals throughout the day, especially within a hour after you did a workout.

There is no proof of this. It really is as simple as calories in calories out. There was a man who ate a 2000 calorie Twinkie diet and lost 37 lbs in 2 months, so roughly 4lbs per week.

Obviously that isn't healthy but he lost weight and that was the point.
You shouldn't eat bad fats (like saturated, trans fats) but there is no proof they cause weight gain when on a calorie controlled diet.
Your body can't tell the time when you eat. There is no problem with working out after eating.

TL;DR calories in = calories out, if you don't lose weight you have not been counting correctly

Last edited:
I've lost 2 pounds over a week and a half from sleeping a lot, eating 2 healthy meals a day, and exercising for at least 30 minutes (I walk my dog now) So pretty much the way that is usually suggested eat less and healthier and exercise

Back