• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Some help

porkpie28

Bells
Black Famous Mushroom
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
User Title Color Change
Hi everyone I hope I can post this here I am specal needs I have a question how much water or anything should I be drinking I worry about this a lot I eat at 8 1 and 5 the trouble is I don’t feel thirsty some help would be great

The answer is different based on a lot of different things! Your weight, your age, and other factors make up the specific amount you need. If you have a doctor you go to, you can ask them to get their opinion!

Most generally, though, 6-8 glasses of water each day is recommended. Some also recommend half of your weight in ounces. If you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 ounces of water. Here's a simple calculation you can do:

water-calculation.jpg

Remember, the result will be in ounces, not pounds or kilos. You do not want to drink 100 pounds of water in a day!

If you work out or exercise you'll need to increase that amount. If you find you don't drink water because you enjoy having something tastier, like juice or soda, try having a flavored water or sparkling water instead! I only drink soda on special occasions now, and have substituted it with sparkling water instead.

Try to drink water with every meal! You can also eat foods that have high water content in them if you're not sure you're drinking enough. Things like watermelon and cucumber are refreshing and tasty snacks with a good amount of water content in them.

The answer is different based on a lot of different things! Your weight, your age, and other factors make up the specific amount you need. If you have a doctor you go to, you can ask them to get their opinion!

Most generally, though, 6-8 glasses of water each day is recommended. Some also recommend half of your weight in ounces. If you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 ounces of water. Here's a simple calculation you can do:

View attachment 527270
Remember, the result will be in ounces, not pounds or kilos. You do not want to drink 100 pounds of water in a day!

If you work out or exercise you'll need to increase that amount. If you find you don't drink water because you enjoy having something tastier, like juice or soda, try having a flavored water or sparkling water instead! I only drink soda on special occasions now, and have substituted it with sparkling water instead.

Try to drink water with every meal! You can also eat foods that have high water content in them if you're not sure you're drinking enough. Things like watermelon and cucumber are refreshing and tasty snacks with a good amount of water content in them.
Thank you for your help I am 34 I do drink with every meal because of gaming I just forgot other times I just don’t want to make my mum mad if I have trouble during a number 2

i'm bad at staying hydrated too! i never feel super thirsty, and i mostly drink soda, but i know i'd feel a lot better if i drank more water to fuel my day. but if you feel good, and your doctor says you're doing ok, no need to worry!

maybe a water bottle like this would be helpful for you:

try-1.jpg

bottles like this have the time written on them so you get an idea of how much water you should drink by a certain time each day. this water bottle says that by 7pm, you should have had two bottles worth of water to drink, which sounds like a good idea to me!

i'm bad at staying hydrated too! i never feel super thirsty, and i mostly drink soda, but i know i'd feel a lot better if i drank more water to fuel my day. but if you feel good, and your doctor says you're doing ok, no need to worry!

maybe a water bottle like this would be helpful for you:

try-1.jpg

bottles like this have the time written on them so you get an idea of how much water you should drink by a certain time each day. this water bottle says that by 7pm, you should have had two bottles worth of water to drink, which sounds like a good idea to me!
Having that would make me worry and look at the time I eat at 8 1 and 5 trying to work out other times I should drink

Why not keep a water bottle handy at all times or have some kind of reminder on your phone pop up every 30 mins to drink some water.

Every night, I fill a big reusable water bottle and put it in the fridge so I’m ready to drink it the next day. I’m not sure how long I’ve been doing this, but long enough that I get through the day without getting too thirsty. In high school I would get really thirsty during the day, and I also found that drinking water kept me more alert.

It’s harder to stay hydrated in winter, so I also occasionally use sugar-free water flavor packets. (like Sonic, Crystal Light, etc.) Like someone else said, if your pee is clear, white, or light-yellow. it means you’re hydrated. That’s another way to check. Dark and/or foggy urine is a sign of dehydration.
Good luck!

I have anxiety I worry that my mum will be mad. At me if I don’t do a poo every day that I why I worry about drinking so tell me how much I really need so that can happen I drink a full cup with meals

Most people need 6 to 8 cups of water per day, and you can also eat water-rich foods, like celery, cucumbers, strawberries, pineapples, etc.

Based on what I've read, it would be helpful for you to set a specific time to drink water like it seems you've done with your meals, though if the only reason you're concerned about water intake is due to irregular bowel movements this may not be the only change you need to make.

First, are you sure you're getting enough fiber in your diet? This is something many people lack and can definitely lead to constipation, among other issues. If you don't enjoy eating fiber-rich foods like bran, dark green vegetables, beans, or certain nuts, you may want to consider daily supplementation with a powder or even a fiber gummy.

As for water, Kitsuragi is exactly right with their post that you should aim to drink half your body weight (lbs) in ounces, but this is difficult for a lot of people. Based on what you stated, in addition to the cup of water you have with each meal, try for 3 more cups spaced throughout the day. If you're eating on a schedule of 8am, 1pm, and 5pm, maybe try to set a similar hydration schedule. To start, try for a glass at 10am, 3pm, and 7pm, and then possibly another around 9pm and/or an hour before you lie down for bed.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need more help! I'm not a nutritionist but have a different certification that's in the same vein, and I've also struggled with IBS nearly my entire life so have a good understanding of how the most simple changes can make a world of difference.

Based on what I've read, it would be helpful for you to set a specific time to drink water like it seems you've done with your meals, though if the only reason you're concerned about water intake is due to irregular bowel movements this may not be the only change you need to make.

First, are you sure you're getting enough fiber in your diet? This is something many people lack and can definitely lead to constipation, among other issues. If you don't enjoy eating fiber-rich foods like bran, dark green vegetables, beans, or certain nuts, you may want to consider daily supplementation with a powder or even a fiber gummy.

As for water, Kitsuragi is exactly right with their post that you should aim to drink half your body weight (lbs) in ounces, but this is difficult for a lot of people. Based on what you stated, in addition to the cup of water you have with each meal, try for 3 more cups spaced throughout the day. If you're eating on a schedule of 8am, 1pm, and 5pm, maybe try to set a similar hydration schedule. To start, try for a glass at 10am, 3pm, and 7pm, and then possibly another around 9pm and/or an hour before you lie down for bed.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you need more help! I'm not a nutritionist but have a different certification that's in the same vein, and I've also struggled with IBS nearly my entire life so have a good understanding of how the most simple changes can make a world of difference.
Thank you so much for your help I sent you a message I always make meal times the last drink I have I go to bed at 9 or 10 but I do take a small small slip before bed I also work 3 days a week with kids I have my lunch at 11am then again at 1pm before I start work

I know this may sound very odd but due to gaming my drinking of anything has got very bad I just forget I do drink a cup with meals tho if I just drink with meals would I still be able to poo everyday

I'm not a nutritionist, but I think you probably need more water than that. Can you keep some water nearby while you game and drink some at every bit of downtime? That's what I do.

I could do I ha
I'm not a nutritionist, but I think you probably need more water than that. Can you keep some water nearby while you game and drink some at every bit of downtime? That's what I do. Have much else would I need 2 mouthfuls
Post automatically merged:

I did try and ask my mum for help she just got mad At me she only cares about her old dad so then I asked my brother he said It doesn’t matter how much I drink

Last edited:
I can't say specific amounts, but I sip on water all day long and it's helped me. I found that the more I drank during the day, the more I was able to drink in the future. It took my body some time to adjust to the increase so I didn't force a huge change right away. I let it happen gradually.

I can't say specific amounts, but I sip on water all day long and it's helped me. I found that the more I drank during the day, the more I was able to drink in the future. It took my body some time to adjust to the increase so I didn't force a huge change right away. I let it happen gradually.
I just want to be able to poo I guess this is the fear of making my mum upset with me I don’t know what to do

Back