• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager limit?

spacemermaid

Mayor Nikki of Timber
Bells
It's hard to get a sense of scale of the town size and its villager capacity. Does anyone have specifics on these details?

It would seem pointless to buy series after series of amiibo cards if your town can only hold say, 15-20 animals. Then again, I do hold out for my dreamies... Is this what they're banking on? I hope there's adequate room. Argh!

No one knows. Considering the game is a spin-off with a fixed, no-roam map, it's safe to say there'll be adequate space for a decent amount of villagers. From the treehouse video we know there'll be at least 18 villagers able to inhabit a town at any given time. Whether or not that's the maximum or minimum is unknown, but the maximum most likely will be a multiple of 18.
Looking at it again, though, when she places Fauna's house there aren't any other houses visible on the map, even though we know she has more villagers in her town. So it could very well be unlimited.

Last edited:
----
Looking at it again, though, when she places Fauna's house there aren't any other houses visible on the map, even though we know she has more villagers in her town. So it could very well be unlimited.

Let's hope so!

It will be unlimited, that way, they'll sell more amiibo cards. As if there was a limit on 200 villagers, but 400 cards, they'd miss out on a lot of $$$$

There may even be multiple maps for all we know

There's just one "map" where you choose what kind of place you want the villager to live. They aren't neighbors and each live in a separate "town" on their own.

Last edited:
I think it'll be unlimited, judging from the fact that it would be a pretty big economic loss if they made it limited but more cards than there were spaces

I really do hope it's unlimited tbh, one of my least favourite thing about the AC series is how little villagers you can have at a time. I will gladly take a spin-off game offering unlimited villagers, so the main series can stay with tradition.

I've wanted multiple towns on one Animal Crossing cartridge/file for as long as this series has been out, and recently I thought it would be awesome if you could traverse all of them as your mayor/OC/what-have-you. I think this game could be the one to do that, due to it's nature. So I really hope that we have multiple towns that we visit and, while every town could have a set amount, there would be enough towns to house every villager in the game.

Last edited:
I've wanted multiple towns on one Animal Crossing cartridge/file for as long as this series has been out, and recently I thought it would be awesome if you could traverse all of them as your mayor/OC/what-have-you. I think this game could be the one to do that, due to it's nature. So I really hope that we have multiple towns that we visit and, while every town could have a set amount, there would be enough towns to house every villager in the game.

There isn't really a "town". All the villagers live separate from each other.

Hmm..no one knows for sure, but I'm guessing that there will be as much space as there are amiibo cards..:)

I would hope it would be unlimited. I'd hate to keep removing villagers only to start designing for newer villagers.

Back