• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ouija Boards

That probably happens a lot but that isn't always the case. Demons and spirits, ghostly activity are in fact real. You don't have to believe it, that's fine, but my own personal experiences and other peoples stories should be proof enough by now in this day and age. Some people just choose not to believe they exist out of fear.

Actually in this day and age evidence has become more valuable than believing everything you hear by default.

But yea, I've seen the Evil Dead trilogy AND 3 of the 'Friday the 13th' movies. Spirits and stuff are real, yo. I have DVD box sets to prove it.

That is something called the ideomotor effect.

i thought u believed that the spirits move the piece??? ideomotor effect implies that ouija boards dont work, and that instead its the power of suggestion movin the piece ://

Last edited:
Ouija boards do actually work. But at times nothing will happen, but that doesn't mean the boards never work. Sometimes the ideomotor effect happens which makes the weegee board users think that there is a spirit communicating but the people are actually moving the glass involuntary. I hope this makes sense to you. If it doesn't I am happy to continue explaining why ouija boards sometimes do not work.

Ouija boards do actually work. But at times nothing will happen, but that doesn't mean the boards never work. Sometimes the ideomotor effect happens which makes the weegee board users think that there is a spirit communicating but the people are actually moving the glass involuntary. I hope this makes sense to you. If it doesn't I am happy to continue explaining why ouija boards sometimes do not work.

so, what determines when the ideomotor effect happens and when it doesnt?

Dead people are like that mean idiot cousin everyone has: associate with them at your own risk.

Thats hard to say. A professional ouija board tutor will be better at knowing when that happens. Like in the video in this thread, the ideomotor effect is when the glass movies to random jumbled letters or blank spaces, I'm sure a real sprit wouldn't do that. I hope this answers your question.

Thats hard to say. A professional ouija board tutor will be better at knowing when that happens. Like in the video in this thread, the ideomotor effect is when the glass movies to random jumbled letters or blank spaces, I'm sure a real sprit wouldn't do that. I hope this answers your question.

so your saying that b4 they were blindfolded, a spirit was controlling the piece, but when they were blindfolded, it was suggestion??? im pretty sure the entire thing was the ideometer effect, even when she thought her relative was actually communicating with her. thats the whole point of the experiment. to show that ouija boards are controlled by suggestion

Last edited:
A professional ouija board tutor will be better at knowing when that happens.

So, I've been looking for a change in career choice lately.

How exactly do I become a 'professional Ouija board trainer'? Do I have to go to University? Do I get chosen by the spirits to attend the the 'festival of the Ouija's' where I will be given my own personal Ouija board master? Do I just turn up with a Ouija board and tell people I'm professional?

I need to know quickly before I lose interest.

Last edited:
so your saying that b4 they were blindfolded, a spirit was controlling the piece, but when they were blindfolded, it was suggestion??? im pretty sure the entire thing was the ideometer effect, even when she thought her relative was actually communicating with her. thats the whole point of the experiment. to show that ouija boards are controlled by suggestion

Yea you have a point and I agree with you. The Ouija board is a gateway to the demon world and yea a lot of the time there is no actual spirit contact...but it isn't always going to be an ideomotor effect. You see playing with an ouija board is like playing russian Roulette, taking a gun and putting one bullet in it. each person takes a turn to pull the trigger and "click" nothing happens. Who will get the bullet?

Last edited:
Yea you have a point and I agree with you. The Ouija board is a gateway to the demon world and yea a lot of the time there is no actual spirit contact...but it isn't always going to be an ideomotor effect. You see playing with an ouija board is like playing russian Roulette, taking a gun and putting one bullet in it. each person takes a turn to pull the trigger and "click" nothing happens. Who will get the bullet?

thats a funny way to put it
personally i think that if its suggestion for one person, its most probably suggestion causing the piece the move for the next. but thats just me

So, I've been looking for a change in career choice lately.

How exactly do I become a 'professional Ouija board trainer'? Do I have to go to University? Do I get chosen by the spirits to attend the the 'festival of the Ouija's' where I will be given my own personal Ouija board master? Do I just turn up with a Ouija board and tell people I'm professional?

I need to know quickly before I lose interest.

What I mean is that it's best to have the assistance of a medium with the group who are going to use the ouija board

Also, whether ghosts are real or not, it probably isn't a good idea to discuss your murder plans online.

I know that playing with spirits aint the thing to do. if its somebody bothering you just ignore them always remember that what goes around comes!! lLet karma and the universe handle them dont and i repeat dont go messing with the darkside because every cause has an effect

I don't think using an ouija board to rid yourself of a living human is the way to go. We all have annoyances(?) and if it's beyond that, you need to seek human help in getting yourself out of the situation. A ouija board cannot help you, whether it allows you to do what it says on the package or not.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, whether ghosts are real or not, it probably isn't a good idea to discuss your murder plans online.

I gotta second this too.

Back