• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Did anyone watch the Bruce Jenner interview?

Skyfall

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
I was not planning on it, but I happened upon it last night. I always thought of him as another Kardashian who sold out to be a reality star. (Although to be honest, I always thought he was the nicest one on that show and lets face it, he actually accomplished something in his life as an Olympian but none of the Kardashians have really accomplished much)

Anyways, I was very surprised at how moved I was during the interview. The interview was not that exploitive at all, and you really felt for the guy. He truly struggled with being his true self his whole life.... Good for him for choosing to do something about it now!

And although I have a fair number of gay friends, I dont have any who are transgender, so it was a learning thing for me too. The interview was nicely done.

I hope the tabloids give him a break. And that comedians stop making him the butt of jokes. Maybe that interview will turn things around now.

I watched it on youtube and support Bruce a lot. It's sad how he couldn't be himself all along. Goodluck to Bruce in the future.

i really hope that interview earns bruce more appreciation. i find it pretty disgusting how he's percieved in keeping up w/the kardashians, as being a buffoon when in reality he's a thousand times more talented than the entire family :// he really deserves better than how he's been shown in the media for the past year

Last edited:
I feel for Bruce but at the same time he needs to step up and wrangle his children up.

Yes, I watched it.
My friend's stepmom (she knows I'm trans) suggested I watch it with him (though he didn't want to come over, so we just texted each other during ads). I missed 20 mins of the beginning but I watched til the end. Didn't cry, but I was happy he made the shoutout to black trans women of color. They definitely did pave the way for the LGBT movement at Stonewall but never receive the recognition in media. I think his older children are more accepting and understand it more than the Kardashians and Kylie and Kendall but it was nice to see most of them are coming to term with it.
Very confused if Bruce uses he or her pronouns. I know Belinda is not his chosen name however

Last edited:
I felt bad for Bruce, you could really see his pain. But also lol @ at the comments talking crap about the Kardashians, talking bad about them won't make your **** life better

Last edited:
i really hope that interview earns bruce more appreciation. i find it pretty disgusting how he's percieved in keeping up w/the kardashians, as being a buffoon when in reality he's a thousand times more talented than the entire family :// he really deserves better than how he's been shown in the media for the past year

I watched the first three seasons of the show and let me just say that Bruce is the only sane one amongst all of the other buffoons on that show.

And Bruce did a good job hiding the fact that he was trans all these years because I would have never guessed based off his personality. I am glad he is finally happy. He deserves it. Or she now!

Very confused if Bruce uses he or her pronouns. I know Belinda is not his chosen name however

from what i've seen and understand, he prefers male pronouns for now, but after he's essentially revealed "her" he wants to be referred to with female pronouns

I watched the first three seasons of the show and let me just say that Bruce is the only sane one amongst all of the other buffoons on that show.

And Bruce did a good job hiding the fact that he was trans all these years because I would have never guessed based off his personality. I am glad he is finally happy. He deserves it. Or she now!

there were many times where they just made him look plain stupid just for laughs though. kinda unfortunate

Last edited:
Really happy for Bruce!
He seems like a very good person, he raised really mellow down to Earth children and he's a really great father to them. It's sad that he had to wait 65 years for this moment, but I'm glad he at least was able to do it. It's so heartwarming.
(Also just going to point out, Bruce says he's comfortable being called Bruce and by his/him pronouns for the time being! I believe it was somewhere in the interview where he said that.)

Back