• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something I noticed about Mario Kart 8's Animal Crossing track...

JimmyJacobAC

Turned over a New Leaf
Bells
Just like coins being replaced with rupees in the Zelda track, the coins are replaced with bells in this track. However, picking them up makes a sound we've never heard before for bells. It's something higher-quality and new. This (and the track existing in the first place), combined with Animal Crossing plaza getting shut down and the new way of designing rooms in Happy Home Designer makes me think that a Wii U Animal Crossing could be announced at e3 this year for a release in the holiday season, like what was done with City Folk. I think Nintendo doesn't wanna repeat what they did with New Leaf (announcing it at e3 2010, not having it released worldwide til 2013. Also, the Japanese and American release dates being so far apart).

Last edited:
I'd be okay with that, especially if the new AC game gives us tons of new stuff, on an even bigger scale than New Leaf did.

Ooh, here's another thing I noticed; the bell sound in the beginning (the town bell, not the collecting money sound) is different from any other games. Very realistic and distant sounding. I REALLY hope the next game uses this and not the WW bell sound AGAIN!

Well of course it sounds different, MK8 is a high-quality game after all.
But I sure hope so.

I actually mentioned this after the DLC release:
This AC track has got me thinking... does this indicate that the next AC installment will be on the Wii U? I mean, now they have character models...

Of course they had the models for Plaza, but these are newer models... and for a lot of top tier/popular villagers, I might add.

Man, I REALLY hope they use both bell sounds! A new sound that's not similar to a mario coin would be nice, and the Wild World town bell sound is really getting old! This one sounds amazing.

Back