Introducing…'ACNLpics'!

Candy83

Óhana — Representative
Bells
Switch
5384-7037-2615
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Gold Super Mailbox
I have created a new town, ACNLpics, which is a tribute to all villagers in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf."

This new town, which I've been working on for a few months (it replaced my previous one, Progress), is rather unique. I don't want to go into details on the theme. And, for now, I won't post many pictures. I'll leave this up to you, the members, here at The Bell Tree Forums. I hope you like it.

I invite everyone to have a Dream in my new town and, if you don't mind, please let me know what you think.

HNI_0014.JPG

HNI_0025.JPG

First off, the landscaping looks fantastic.They way you decorated around the villagers houses is very nice.

I was a bit worried that the houses would be boring.I figured you would have all the pics in the houses.But you did such a great job and I really enjoyed going in each room.The pictures in the fancy frames are a nice touch, and i like the maniquin dressed as a princess in the second house.I love how each house is themed.The star one is my fave.That main room is GREAT.

Thanks for sharing your lovely town. I really enjoyed my visit.

Omg. I should have never visited.

You make me want to reset AGAIN. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL woooooooooooooooooooooooooah

Thank you both!

First off, the landscaping looks fantastic.They way you decorated around the villagers houses is very nice.

I was a bit worried that the houses would be boring.I figured you would have all the pics in the houses.But you did such a great job and I really enjoyed going in each room.The pictures in the fancy frames are a nice touch, and i like the maniquin dressed as a princess in the second house.I love how each house is themed.The star one is my fave.That main room is GREAT.

Thanks for sharing your lovely town. I really enjoyed my visit.

Oh, I'm glad you liked it.

Approximately six months ago, I posted the following thread: @ http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?203146-Cutting-One-s-Losses . It was when I knew my previous town, Progress, wasn't worth building up. I also figured out that I wanted to have a theme town in which I have human houses which are presented like museums.

It took a good amount of time. But, I am glad I moved on from Progress to this new town of ACNLpics.

By the way: The humans, in ACNLpics, house the villager pics according to the following themes: Farm (Mayor Jason); Zoo (Amy); and Pets (Owen). Stars (Hannah) covers non-villagers' pictures.

It was necessary, for me, to be organized in building this town. The point of waiting to establish a Dream Address was to make sure I acquired all villager pics; presented them in a way that was easy to view; and made certain the town of ACNLpics looked appealing for a visitor to explore leisurely.

Omg. I should have never visited.

You make me want to reset AGAIN. IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL woooooooooooooooooooooooooah

I'm glad you liked it.

Prior to this, I had never had such a methodical approach to taking a new town from Day #01 and make it unique.

I want this town to stand out. And I like to pay tribute to all villagers in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf." Realistically, we cannot expect to experience all 333 in actively playing however many given towns (for however long one plays "Animal Crossing: New Leaf"). So, I believe, this is a nice consolation.

Last edited:
I just visited. It's a very well done town. I like that you put all your characters in a line. That makes my OCD kid happy. Usually I don't like it when flowers aren't all coordinated and you did have that in a lot of spots, but there were some spots where you just had a bunch of the same type and they weren't color coordinated. That's just my OCD tick though. My other critique would be your paths didn't connect to a PWP in the bottom, but it was a nice relaxing area which I assume is what you're going for so it wasn't too bad. I like that your paths had purpose and order. I like clean lines with paths. I really liked all the houses. Your town is one of the better ones I've seen recently. :) It's really well done.

Last edited:
I just visited. It's a very well done town. I like that you put all your characters in a line. That makes my OCD kid happy. Usually I don't like it when flowers aren't all coordinated and you did have that in a lot of spots, but there were some spots where you just had a bunch of the same type and they weren't color coordinated. That's just my OCD tick though. My other critique would be your paths didn't connect to a PWP in the bottom, but it was a nice relaxing area which I assume is what you're going for so it wasn't too bad. I like that your paths had purpose and order. I like clean lines with paths. I really liked all the houses. Your town is one of the better ones I've seen recently. :) It's really well done.

Thanks.

The flowers were somewhat instinctive and, yet, improvised. (I won't go into that.)

There are two "bottom" areas for which I didn't use the dominant town path to connect to a PWP. On the southwest side, in between the villager houses of Marina and Fang, and west of the river, I have a Blue Bench. I didn't want to use the town path with that. I wanted to project an image of it being a small hideaway. But, I can change that. (As one can tweak some details of a given town before doing a Dream Address update.) The other "bottom" area is on the southeast side of town. That's east of the human houses. That's an area I have on reserve. (I didn't get all the pings for Public Works Projects I had wanted. For example, I didn't get one for the Windmill.)

Thank you for visiting!

:)

I appreciate it.

Oh man... I really want to see it, but I haven't yet funded the Dream Suite.

This was the first place I ever visited after getting dream suite (I've only had it for about two days) and I must say I love the layout of your town. The paths, bushes, flowers. It's all so nice.

This was the first place I ever visited after getting dream suite (I've only had it for about two days) and I must say I love the layout of your town. The paths, bushes, flowers. It's all so nice.

I'm honored.

I am also glad you feel pleased with it.

I gave this new town a lot of thought as I was developing it; even the case with the villagers. (I deliberately chose different species.)

And, because of an appreciation for the wide variety of individual villagers available in "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" (333 of them!), this was an idea of mine to pay tribute to them in general.

. . . . .

Wing: I hope you get your Dream Suite really soon!

:)

Last edited:
I just unlocked the Dream Suite today and WOAH
Your town is very beautiful!

Ahhhh this is exciting! I'm going to visit in a bit, when I get home! ^_^

Your Town is really well thought out and loved each house theme.
Why didnt you funded another Zen Bridge. Cause that wooden bridge is bothering me. Love the area of the Jacob Ladders that is just cool. Like where each PWP is.

ACNLpics is lovely! I love the colour combinations you used for the flowers, as well as how the houses are all lined up neatly on their own separate island - it's awesome. The themed houses are really neat as well. The amount of effort you must've put into the town is undeniable. :)

Thank you, everyone!

Thank you, everyone!

It took me five months to put the town ACNLpics together.

jupisan: I used a Wooden Suspension Bridge, in the center, because it's easier to see the town villagers crossing over (from north to south). That's due to this particular bridge being flat. I can change it to the Wooden Bridge, which is at a curve (as we can see from how I angled the other two; going from south and crossing over to the northern part of town that is either east or west). Admittedly, I did this for when I was eliciting pings from villagers. I wanted only certain ones at times; due to their category of a Villager Personality and which Public Works Projects would get suggested. (And I still didn't get all the Public Works Projects I wanted. But, I also wanted and needed to establish a Dream Address for ACNLpics.)

Thanks, again, everyone!

YouTube Video: 'ACNLpics'

The Bell Tree Forums member Dollieclaire uploaded on YouTube a video of ACNLpics on Sunday, March 8, 2015.

This followed Dollieclaire's thread @ http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?262233-Have-Your-Town-Showcased-On-My-Youtube-Channel! .

It is very interesting to see and hear a video showing another person exploring one's Dream Address. I appreciate in more ways than one.

Thank you, very much, Dollieclaire (a.k.a. The FleetingFurret @ YouTube.com)!

'ACNLpics'—Updated on March 23, 2015

In watching the uploaded video of my town ACNLpics, I went ahead and?before updating the Dream on Monday, March 23, 2015?implemented some changes for improvement in exploring ACNLpics:

1. Diana's shirt has been changed to something more flattering.

2. The grass (which I really use as a buffer) surrounding the scarecrow is now gone; I have included a pic. (Previous responses had it that the grass around the Blue Bench needed to stand out more. I think I've corrected that as well.)

3. I set the starting time, with an updated Dream Address (which was actually done on Monday, March 23, 2015), to begin at about 05:30 p.m. This is right on the cusp of moving into night. If one visits for at least a half-hour real time (better even if it's about an hour), you can see a town that may be popping even more (than what was seen in the previous Dream).​

If Dollieclaire reads this ? thanks for pointing out some areas that could use some improvement!

One point to clarify are the themes of each human's house: Jason, the mayor, has "Farm"; Amy has "Zoo"; Owen has "Pets." (Hannah, whose single-floor house is essentially a lobby, has "Stars.") I had to assign villagers to houses?and for there to be some sense to it. So, I referred to a common association. We will usually find, to name a few, the likes of chickens, cows, horses, and pigs on a farm. (So those villagers' pics are in Jason's house.) We will usually find the likes of elephants, kangaroos, and ostriches in a zoo. (So those villagers' pics are in Amy's house.) We will usually find the likes of cats and dogs as pets. (So those villagers' pics are in Owen's house.) While some could have been categorized in more than one way, this was how I determined in which houses to place them.

And about the humans' exterior houses: Because the Town Hall and Train Station allow designs of Default as well as Fairy-Tale, Modern, and Zen?the human houses (those of Jason's Zen, Amy's Fairy-Tale, and Owen's Modern) are deliberatlely representative of that. It's a decision I'm glad I made because I actually like the Default appearances, from ACNLpics, of both the Town Hall and Train Station?and I didn't change either of them to Zen.

Thank you, to Dollieclaire and to all other Bell Tree Forums members, who have visited.

Any additional updating may have to do with feedback suggesting more improvements. (Or if really want to squeeze in Public Works Projects, like one not yet suggested by any villager, such as the Windmill.) ACNLpics is a museum town. I'm not intending to switch any villagers. It's for those Dreamers who, given April Fool's Day will be arriving next week, may appreciate checking out displays of all villagers' pictures.

I'll leave this with some updated pics.?

HNI_0090.JPG

HNI_0098.JPG

HNI_0003.JPG

HNI_0011.JPG

HNI_0017.JPG

HNI_0026.JPG

HNI_0087.JPG

HNI_0094.JPG

HNI_0098.JPG

HNI_0034.JPG

HNI_0046.JPG

HNI_0050.JPG

HNI_0063.JPG

HNI_0098.JPG

HNI_0057.JPG

visited ANCLpics today and what a lovely and calming town, i thoroughly enjoyed it. i also use the museum display stands for my animal crossing pictures, it's so clean and classy! great work. :]

Back