• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What the heck!

omg tangy is a girl!! + yeah Leif is a boy I searched it up on wiki ;D lol. I found that surprising actually, his personality was so cheery and calm also his voice is hi-pitched (I think)

i thought twiggy was a guy (never had her in my town.) And, like a lot of people, i thought Tangy was a boy until i got her in my wild world town. I thought Lief was also a girl until i looked him up after his store opened. and until I looked up Pave, thought he was a girl.

And just to calm people who want to call op sexist, we are raised in a society where everything is dictated by what you do (and the gender that often goes with it.) whether or not if you are of that gender. Lief, as seen, loves gardening. As a child and even now, you see a majority of gardeners being female on tv. It is implanted in our minds about gender rolls. /if that doesn't make sense, I'm suffering from a hecka bad headache/

Last edited:
wait until tumblr hears about this

I know. I'm gonna be ripped to pieces.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i thought twiggy was a guy (never had her in my town.) And, like a lot of people, i thought Tangy was a boy until i got her in my wild world town. I thought Lief was also a girl until i looked him up after his store opened. and until I looked up Pave, thought he was a girl.

And just to calm people who want to call op sexist, we are raised in a society where everything is dictated by what you do (and the gender that often goes with it.) whether or not if you are of that gender. Lief, as seen, loves gardening. As a child and even now, you see a majority of gardeners being female on tv. It is implanted in our minds about gender rolls. /if that doesn't make sense, I'm suffering from a hecka bad headache/

Thanks for that. :p
I think a lot of people must get the birds/ducks mixed up

I've also seen quite a few think Beau is a girl too. Which I feel is somewhat understandable.

I personally don't see how Leif seems like a girl. The voice kinda gives it away that he's a boy.

I remember back when I played WW I couldn't figure out if Joan was a boy or a girl, same with Pippy and Saharah. And also during WW, Gracie would always confuse the heck outta me, she had the name and appearance of a female but the voice of a male. Wat.

As for New Leaf, I had no clue Pave was a male, with the peppy voice and all. xD

In Wild World, it took me a long time to figure out that Tangy was a girl :/ I have her now and she is my favorite villager :)

Back