Funny, strange and disturbing Club Tortimer Stories

crazycookie

Bells
Anybody have any funny, disturbing or strange stories from Club Tortimer? I've got some.
I'm 18 years old.

There was a 12 year old boy who wanted to give me a "private" show in the island lobby for only 100 bells. The other girl on the island freaked out. I promptly flipped the switch.

An 8 year old boy kept pestering me for my royal crown. I pretended I didn't speak English. He got super mad, called me a meanie and left in a huff.

A girl kept following me around, trying to make offers for my dress which is a qr code. I told her multiple times that I couldn't drop a qr code. She didn't listen, trapped me. I flipped the switch.

Another girl decided to insult me and beg for my royal crown. I kept singing random song lyrics every time she asked. She errored.

Another 12 year old boy begged me to marry him because he wanted a rich wife. He also wanted another boy on the island so he could have a sugar daddy. He wanted to show me his package and kept listing off cities in the state where I live (Washington), hoping to find which one I lived in. I didn't answer. He left to another island.

Share your story!

One of my friends who is addicted to Animal Crossing New Leaf tends to visit the island a lot, to earn bells, find exclusive Club Tortimer items and so on. One day going to Club Tortimer to catch some bugs, he meet this young girl (Likely 8 - 12). As he was catching some bugs, the girl wouldn't stop following him and as he was about to leave the island the girl said "I have a crush on you". This left my friend very confused, so he didn't say anything. She then said "You're eyes are sexy", this left him even more confused (He was wearing the "funny glasses" at the time, so... that explains that). The girl then finally said, "I find you cute.". My friend turned around and looked at her. He then put on one of his mii masks which looks like a raccoon (which isn't very pretty). This scared the crap out of her, and she ran off screaming. And you know what, my friend is no where near her age lol. :rolleyes:

A similar thing happened to me, I went to Club Tortimer to catch some bugs. I meet a 9 year old boy who said he also had a crush, on me. I told him my age, he said I was old, why am I playing this game. Stuff you kid.

Last edited:
i never bother with club tortimer. but when i do, its only to get the special items :3

Last edited:
I usually only go to Club Tortimer for those exclusive items. Rarely, I also farm beetles and sharks there when it's not night, but since I open a tour so that nobody can come, I don't interact with anybody. I never have, since I'm super paranoid that someone will trap me their or something.

-People ask me to tour with them then get sad when I say no. Then they later get sad and whine and ***** and force me to go.

-People DC right when I get to the island. I couldn't even check the shop or see who's on the island.

-People cussing me out

-Once someone asked me if I loved him. They said "hi" "do u love me". I said no then he got sad and started asking me why I'm gay and asked me a bunch of personal questions. Then he started yelling at me and saying disturbing things. The last thing he said was pretty weird, then he DC'd.

-This girl started complaining to this guy -- who is a random stranger -- about her personal life. It was mostly her love life, she's 13 years old. I thought it was ridiculous because after she left, the guy was like "Thank god, she wouldn't stop talking".

-People on CT actually recognize me and say "OMG HI! REMEMBER ME??? XD ITS ME~!". This means I've been going there too much, which means I'm really bored and have too much free time.

-People keep asking me if I'm rich because of my badges, then ask me fore 2 million bells.

-This guy asked me where I was during the giant dragonfly tour, and later said "f**kn liar" (literally, but with out the *) and started chasing me with an axe.

-This girl kept telling me about how desperate she was for a boyfriend

-This Japanese girl was getting frustrated because I couldn't type Japanese and she kept telling me she couldn't understand and she was getting irritated. She left after

etc...

Lol.Great stories.

I have quite a few, but i'll tell one that i thought was kind of cute.

This little girl was dressed up like a princess.She cut down a tree and sat on the stump.Then she started to demand that i bring her food and gifts.I had to do it, she was after all royality.I would bring her bananas and sea shells, but these gifts never pleased her.lol.

Haha :p I never really bother with CT, but now that I'm reading all these funny stories, maybe I should give it a try :p

"hate" CT to be honest (mostly kids there or weirdo's or both :) :) )
only go to see what is in the shop and couldn't be on the boat home fast enough

I only really went to Club Tortimer a lot when I first started playing ACNL and was in a rush to get all of the Mermaid items and, naively, looking to make friends. In my experience, nice people are few and far between on there.
I've had countless kids between 8 and 12 telling me I'm "old" (yep, 21 is definitely ancient); countless disconnects when finally finding what I wanted in the shop or after collecting some bugs, and when I've refused to give out my FC to just anyone or give bells. There've also been a lot of people who got angry with me because I didn't speak their language.
My favourites were a Japanese boy chasing me around the island, hitting me with a net and then digging holes around me to block me in while I was fishing; and then getting harassed by a boy who was dropping bananas for me to "blow". Yep.
Now that I've got all the items I want, I don't bother with TC and just stick to my own island. TC isn't worth the hassle, imo.

Last edited:
Ive run into a lot of younger kids (I say younger because Im 21), and they usually beg me for bells or for the items Im wearing even if its really common. For the most part Ive run into nice people. Some apologizing for island hopping to get rare items, or like the other day I ran into a 16 year old girl who wanted medals for a piece of mermaid furniture so we did some tours.

The only creepy thing Ive run into was a 12 year old boy telling me some pretty inappropriate things a kid his age should not be saying. I told him what he was saying was really rude, and if he didnt stop Id call his mom. He got really scared and started frantically typing in all caps phrases like "NOOOO NO MY MOM!!" and eventually left :p

I was going to copy and paste my story from another thread, but then I realized that I had another story. Once I was on Club Tortimer alone, just fishing and stuff, when three people came in. They were actually very polite and they were eager to go on tours. We went on a few tours and it was fun and pretty cool. Then one of them started acting really strange and calling me "sir", "mister", and "master". I was like '????'

He started saying that since I was player one, everyone should treat me like the 'king of the island'. Nobody else was really playing along and were just doing their own things, and he started pretending that I was hypnotizing him? I guess? I got really weirded out so I left the island, but before I left I could see him saying "MASTER! where are you goin?".

I have another story.

This young girl arrived and acted like she knew me.She was very friendly and wanted to be friends.Then this boy arrives and says to give him bells or he will flip the wifi.I tell him to go ahead, but the girl gets upset because she wants to hang out with me.So she is going to give him the bells.I tell her not too, but she does it anyway.There was no way i could allow that, so i flipped the switch.

I have another story.

This young girl arrived and acted like she knew me.She was very friendly and wanted to be friends.Then this boy arrives and says to give him bells or he will flip the wifi.I tell him to go ahead, but the girl gets upset because she wants to hang out with me.So she is going to give him the bells.I tell her not too, but she does it anyway.There was no way i could allow that, so i flipped the switch.

really some people !

I have a couple, but before I start, I'll add that I'm 20 as it puts things into perspective.

Just last night there was a girl that came to the island who followed me around while I was going about my usual business for a while, she told me that she "liked me in a friendly way"(Made a friend without saying anything, yay!), a few seconds later she asks me how old I am, so I reply and then tells me that she's 9. On my revelation she decides to stop following me and starts talking to flowers, apparently they were lonely, so she goes to find "husbands and wives" for them. A few minutes later though, somebody I saw earlier who was asking for FCs the moment somebody came back, chopped all the trees down and then she told us she was going to error. Anyway, I go back to the island pretty much the moment I get back, and the 9 year old comes again, and she continues chattering away to the flowers, but then she decides for some reason that the flowers need to be killed so she tramples them all and then proceeds to destroy every tree on the island.

Second story, going back a few months now late at night again, I came across three girls, ages 11, 12 and 14. A while after arriving they decide to role-play which I ignore and just continue catching bugs and sharks. After a while one of them decides that they should role-play a wedding, and of course who gets chosen to be the groom but me. I refuse at first, because I aren't interested in wasting time that could be better spent, but after a lot of whining I finally give in, hoping they'll get it done quickly. In the end I just walked off and carried on doing what I was doing before, so they started shouting me and telling me they would error if I didn't do what they said - I took no notice and carried on, and sure enough one of them errorred. What fun.

I I've had countless kids between 8 and 12 telling me I'm "old" (yep, 21 is definitely ancient); countless disconnects when finally finding what I wanted in the shop or after collecting some bugs, and when I've refused to give out my FC to just anyone or give bells. There've also been a lot of people who got angry with me because I didn't speak their language.
Haha, that seems to be a fairly similar experience to what I've had, although I very rarely lose stuff I want in the shop. I always seem to find people on the international island that can't speak English, especially they Japanese which I'm quite surprised about because there seem to be a lot of people on here that say the Japanese are often quite friendly - they usually either can't understand me or they're very angry people. :p

Last edited:
I never bothered with club tortimer, but you guys have some awesome and interesting stories. lmao at these kids calling those who are in their 20's old. Like yeah watch when you get to that age and they are playing future animal crossing games, etc ~_____~

Another 12 year old boy begged me to marry him because he wanted a rich wife. He also wanted another boy on the island so he could have a sugar daddy. He wanted to show me his package and kept listing off cities in the state where I live (Washington), hoping to find which one I lived in. I didn't answer. He left to another island.

This one got me pissing.

There've also been a lot of people who got angry with me because I didn't speak their language.

That's pretty stupid tbh.

I got there once and someone had dug holes everywhere. Just a bunch of holes, in neat little rows, like every last square that they could have they had dug a hole, no trees, bushes anything. I didn't really know what to do with that, so I just left, but lol, I still wonder why they took the time to do that. I guess if someone was low on bells they might have been annoyed that they wasted 1000 bells to end up on that island with no trees, so maybe that's why the person dug the holes?? IDK, it was kind of amusing to me.

I don't remember if I came home, or if I went on a tour. It's been a loooong time since I've been to CT, but as I recall if you go on a tour and come back you end up on a different island. Or I might have been island hopping anyway, so it wouldn't have bothered me.

I once went to the island and a girl was already there. I thought it'd be nice to chat so I said hi and she kept calling me 'ugly' and saying mean things :\
Then she decided to cut down all the trees on the island (it was night time so I guess she was trying to make sure I wouldn't get beetles) and dug all over the island, trying to get a reaction out of me. I just stood quiet and she ended up leaving in a fit of rage. Like why do people need to be so bratty? Especially to strangers :confused:

I got one. I was trying to do a little beetle catching and this person kept scaring them. I asked them politely to stop and then they went on to chop down all the trees. Soon after, I think they hit there wi-fi switch.

I got there once and someone had dug holes everywhere. Just a bunch of holes, in neat little rows, like every last square that they could have they had dug a hole, no trees, bushes anything. I didn't really know what to do with that, so I just left, but lol, I still wonder why they took the time to do that. I guess if someone was low on bells they might have been annoyed that they wasted 1000 bells to end up on that island with no trees, so maybe that's why the person dug the holes?? IDK, it was kind of amusing to me.

I don't remember if I came home, or if I went on a tour. It's been a loooong time since I've been to CT, but as I recall if you go on a tour and come back you end up on a different island. Or I might have been island hopping anyway, so it wouldn't have bothered me.

I had a very similar experience once. There were holes blocking off everywhere when I came off the island. I put the dirt back on a few of the holes ( pressing Y) and someone came over shouting " NO!!!!!" I laughed to myself and flipped the switch.

Last edited:
So I often use club tortimer to get in different timezones to catch the rare bugs and fish when it's like noon in my time. So I went to the island, I got in a timezone where it was night, and was doing my stuff. A person came when I was about 3/4 of the way done with my harvest, and he was just kinda doing his thing, walking around, sometimes saying a thing or two, not really bothering me. I put all my fish and bugs in the basket once I was done, and said goodbye. Then the guy came up, and stood in my way, not letting me talk to Leilani. I finally managed to get him out of the way and talk to her. I promptly sat down on the chair, and he came and stood in front of me, not moving. Then he flipped the Wi-Fi switch.
Are you kidding me, you little brat?! I had a freaking whale shark!

A much more pleasant experience was with a japanese girl. She came onto the island, said something in japanese, I told her I wasn't able to understand her (sadly), and in english, she told me that she could speak english, which was nice. We talked about manga and anime, and then she gave me a hair-bow wig and a maid dress. She was super nice :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was going to copy and paste my story from another thread, but then I realized that I had another story. Once I was on Club Tortimer alone, just fishing and stuff, when three people came in. They were actually very polite and they were eager to go on tours. We went on a few tours and it was fun and pretty cool. Then one of them started acting really strange and calling me "sir", "mister", and "master". I was like '????'

He started saying that since I was player one, everyone should treat me like the 'king of the island'. Nobody else was really playing along and were just doing their own things, and he started pretending that I was hypnotizing him? I guess? I got really weirded out so I left the island, but before I left I could see him saying "MASTER! where are you goin?".

Pff people X3

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only creepy thing Ive run into was a 12 year old boy telling me some pretty inappropriate things a kid his age should not be saying. I told him what he was saying was really rude, and if he didnt stop Id call his mom. He got really scared and started frantically typing in all caps phrases like "NOOOO NO MY MOM!!" and eventually left :p

I'm crying right now XD

Last edited:
Back