• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you ever get surprised by...

Etchinket

Bells
a villagers voice or chime?

For example, I just recently saw Teddy and I always imagined his voice tone would be deeper like Rolf since he appears so tall and gruff. I've also imagined Merengues chime to be more upbeat and peppy but it sounds more flat and well, just different than what I imagined. Kind of makes me feel different about them :/

Does anyone else get surprised by their expectations?

Yes, Merengue seemed much more...sad than I expected her to be, despite that really sweet personality that she seems to have.

I generally play with sound turned down, so it's never occured to me. I want to check this now though!

The bears always sorta surprise me when they talk with high pitched voices lol
I was also surprised the first time I heard jocks speak, they have really high pitched voices!

My fave type of voices would be the snooty and normal voices, I find them pretty cute in terms of pitch.

I really like the pitch of the normal villagers but my favorite chime would be the horse villagers. I love how it sounds like a carousel. :)

I like the normal villager's voice though.
It's so cute.
Normally, I get scared whenever Isabelle says "OK, all set....".

Last edited:
Yes, I was expecting Maple's to not be as heavy ahaha.

Last edited:
So they're called chimes? Nice to have an actual name for it rather than just having to say, "Wow, I really like how you sing my town tune." This is my first Animal Crossing game, so I'm always surprised when they have unnatural sounding chimes. Usually I'll still like it, but I'm never expecting it.

I honestly never even noticed they were different, I thought they were just female voice, male voice, crankies.
I need to listen more D:

Back