• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone else judge someone based on avatar?

And a lot of people choose avatars with at least some thought for how they are perceived.

I don't even watch One Piece. My friend (staticistic1114) gave it to me, so I used it and am too lazy to find a new one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But to answer the question: no I don't. Unless it's heavy pastel or something eye-catching, I wouldn't.

Depends. If your avatar is a picture of your mayor, or an original character, it's sort of a decent reflection of you.

Even if it isn't, someones avatar can be a small reflection of their tastes and interests.

Last edited:
Oh I just picture the character if they have one and picture them as that character lol

Well it does reflect ones' personality/interests, however I don't judge anyone solely on it.

nah not really anymore. been here for quite a while and it's a little hard to judge people based on avatar anymore because i've been proven wrong many times so i dc anymore

wait.. except for this: (because...)
I don't even watch One Piece.
wHAT

Nope.

I think my avatar makes people think I'm a guy or something, though... T_T

No. But I do like how avatars can help give you an impression about a person (e.g. implies age / gender / interests), but it doesn't really say much about what they are like as a person. It's a nice conversation starter though if you say see your favourite band or something from your favourite game franchise in a person's avatar. e.g. if I see Brian Molko or Lightning Farron in your avatar, I'm probably going to VM you to compliment it. :p

Last edited:
nah not really anymore. been here for quite a while and it's a little hard to judge people based on avatar anymore because i've been proven wrong many times so i dc anymore

wait.. except for this: (because...)

wHAT

I do read the manga, since it takes a lot less time than watching 700~ 20-minute episodes.

Last edited:
I always look at an avatar and that's like who they are to me 'cause I never see their faces so yeah kinda. xD I don't judge anyone as a good/bad person though just because they have an avatar I don't prefer. That'd be kinda dumb. Hahah. I'm sure some people do it though. :L

sometimes

I dont really pick avatars based on how I wanna b percieved, i just go with characters I like from things

i will judge based on experience. I know two avatar types that usually mean the person Is p dumb, and I know avatar types that mean the person is sorta no nonsense

ill also sometimes accidentally gender someone by their avatar but I try not to

No. But I do like how avatars can help give you an impression about a person (e.g. implies age / gender / interests), but it doesn't really say much about what they are like as a person. It's a nice conversation starter though if you say see your favourite band or something from your favourite game franchise in a person's avatar. e.g. if I see Brian Molko or Lightning Farron in your avatar, I'm probably going to VM you to compliment it. :p

If I saw someone with a Brian Molko avatar I would swoon and stupidly hope that it was really him, lol.

And nah, I don't pay much attention to avatars. I'd more likely judge someone on what they say and how they spoke to other people, not on pictures. That being said, if someone had a hot avatar, I'd fleetingly wonder if they were hot irl, haha ^_^

Not really. 90% of everyone has an anime character as their avatar anyway. XD

I don't, though I tend to imagine the person as their avatar. And if it's a girl behind a male avatar, I just pretend the male avatar has a girlish voice. :x

Back