Does anyone else judge someone based on avatar?

And a lot of people choose avatars with at least some thought for how they are perceived.

I don't even watch One Piece. My friend (staticistic1114) gave it to me, so I used it and am too lazy to find a new one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But to answer the question: no I don't. Unless it's heavy pastel or something eye-catching, I wouldn't.

Depends. If your avatar is a picture of your mayor, or an original character, it's sort of a decent reflection of you.

Even if it isn't, someones avatar can be a small reflection of their tastes and interests.

Last edited:
Oh I just picture the character if they have one and picture them as that character lol

Well it does reflect ones' personality/interests, however I don't judge anyone solely on it.

nah not really anymore. been here for quite a while and it's a little hard to judge people based on avatar anymore because i've been proven wrong many times so i dc anymore

wait.. except for this: (because...)
I don't even watch One Piece.
wHAT

Nope.

I think my avatar makes people think I'm a guy or something, though... T_T

No. But I do like how avatars can help give you an impression about a person (e.g. implies age / gender / interests), but it doesn't really say much about what they are like as a person. It's a nice conversation starter though if you say see your favourite band or something from your favourite game franchise in a person's avatar. e.g. if I see Brian Molko or Lightning Farron in your avatar, I'm probably going to VM you to compliment it. :p

Last edited:
nah not really anymore. been here for quite a while and it's a little hard to judge people based on avatar anymore because i've been proven wrong many times so i dc anymore

wait.. except for this: (because...)

wHAT

I do read the manga, since it takes a lot less time than watching 700~ 20-minute episodes.

Last edited:
I always look at an avatar and that's like who they are to me 'cause I never see their faces so yeah kinda. xD I don't judge anyone as a good/bad person though just because they have an avatar I don't prefer. That'd be kinda dumb. Hahah. I'm sure some people do it though. :L

sometimes

I dont really pick avatars based on how I wanna b percieved, i just go with characters I like from things

i will judge based on experience. I know two avatar types that usually mean the person Is p dumb, and I know avatar types that mean the person is sorta no nonsense

ill also sometimes accidentally gender someone by their avatar but I try not to

No. But I do like how avatars can help give you an impression about a person (e.g. implies age / gender / interests), but it doesn't really say much about what they are like as a person. It's a nice conversation starter though if you say see your favourite band or something from your favourite game franchise in a person's avatar. e.g. if I see Brian Molko or Lightning Farron in your avatar, I'm probably going to VM you to compliment it. :p

If I saw someone with a Brian Molko avatar I would swoon and stupidly hope that it was really him, lol.

And nah, I don't pay much attention to avatars. I'd more likely judge someone on what they say and how they spoke to other people, not on pictures. That being said, if someone had a hot avatar, I'd fleetingly wonder if they were hot irl, haha ^_^

Not really. 90% of everyone has an anime character as their avatar anyway. XD

I don't, though I tend to imagine the person as their avatar. And if it's a girl behind a male avatar, I just pretend the male avatar has a girlish voice. :x

Back