• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

My sister wants to get an account on the Belltree for herself, but we are in the same house and as such have the same IP- adress (different computers). Is she allowed to make herself an account ?

My sister wants to get an account on the Belltree for herself, but we are in the same house and as such have the same IP- adress (different computers). Is she allowed to make herself an account ?

As long as one of you make a thread in the Contact the Staff board letting us know when it's done, it should be fine.

not a question, but I suggest a "share a picture of your pets(s)" thread to be stickied just like the what do you look like thread. it's not important though..of course.

Last edited:
Do threads ever get full so that you can't post in them anymore? That is to say, is there a post limit that can get maxed out for an individual thread? I tried looking in the FAQ but I didn't see anything about it there, though maybe I just looked for the wrong terminology.

Do threads ever get full so that you can't post in them anymore? That is to say, is there a post limit that can get maxed out for an individual thread? I tried looking in the FAQ but I didn't see anything about it there, though maybe I just looked for the wrong terminology.

Doesn't seem like it's ever happened here. Largest thread in the basement at around 51,000 posts is still active daily.

I would like to post a thread asking for recommandations of places to shop in London (specifically book stores, video games stores) for a trip I'm going on tomorrow, but I don't know where I should post it? Brewster's maybe? (just thought I'd ask before posting in case this isn't allowed.)

I would like to post a thread asking for recommandations of places to shop in London (specifically book stores, video games stores) for a trip I'm going on tomorrow, but I don't know where I should post it? Brewster's maybe? (just thought I'd ask before posting in case this isn't allowed.)

Yea, Brewster's

I have two questions, again.

1. What's the main reason why the amiibo card trading post has an eight-hour bump rule while the rest has four?

2. I know blogs don't get much attention as you can write almost anything on your blog, but what are some stuff you're not allowed to write on your blog? I know that you shouldn't be insulting other members on your blog or even complaining about them in general, but what else shouldn't you do when blogging?

help i cant scroll with my mouse scroll wheel on this site anymore. scrolling by clicking the middle mouse button works, as does page up/down etc..

help i cant scroll with my mouse scroll wheel on this site anymore. scrolling by clicking the middle mouse button works, as does page up/down etc..

I've actually been having this issue with TBT too. There isn't an actual fix yet, but I've found for me that closing and reopening the tab seems to fix it temporarily, until it happens again at least.

I have two questions, again.

1. What's the main reason why the amiibo card trading post has an eight-hour bump rule while the rest has four?

2. I know blogs don't get much attention as you can write almost anything on your blog, but what are some stuff you're not allowed to write on your blog? I know that you shouldn't be insulting other members on your blog or even complaining about them in general, but what else shouldn't you do when blogging?

1. Our rules explain why the amiibo Card Post Office has an 8 hour bumping rule rather than 4;
The Bell Tree Rules and Guidelines said:
  • Thread Bumping
    Bumping is posting in a thread when it falls down the board index to purposely return it to the top for increased visibility. To avoid excessive and unnecessary posting on the forum, threads should not be bumped until the thread is inactive for at least four hours. Due to the slower rate of posting in the Animal Crossing amiibo Card Post Office board, threads may only be bumped after eight hours of inactivity. If you continually exceed either of these bump limits, you may receive a warning, infraction, or suspension. Please report instances where a user is consistently exceeding this limit.
2. All forum rules apply to the blog tree as well.

I've actually been having this issue with TBT too. There isn't an actual fix yet, but I've found for me that closing and reopening the tab seems to fix it temporarily, until it happens again at least.

Dodgy Chrome update, eh? Affects Linux too.

Last edited:
After a bunch of us in Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia posted in this thread http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...y+don't+people+like+to+use+the+train+station? of the general ACNL board, a thread was made for us to connect here http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...tralia-New-Zealand-amp-South-East-Asia-Thread! in the Train Station board.

During the discussion in the latter thread some of us decided having a discord channel would be good to have to supplement the thread. A channel has been made, and we just have some (hopefully simple) questions :

- are we allowed to post a thread about this channel? I know there are rules about this but I'm not having any luck searching for an answer to this scenerio.

- if we are, is there anything we should avoid specifically saying in the thread so that we're not 'promoting' a discord channel?

- and which board would this thread belong in, general ACNL or the Train Station?

Thanks for any help!

After a bunch of us in Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia posted in this thread http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...y+don't+people+like+to+use+the+train+station? of the general ACNL board, a thread was made for us to connect here http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...tralia-New-Zealand-amp-South-East-Asia-Thread! in the Train Station board.

During the discussion in the latter thread some of us decided having a discord channel would be good to have to supplement the thread. A channel has been made, and we just have some (hopefully simple) questions :

- are we allowed to post a thread about this channel? I know there are rules about this but I'm not having any luck searching for an answer to this scenerio.

- if we are, is there anything we should avoid specifically saying in the thread so that we're not 'promoting' a discord channel?

- and which board would this thread belong in, general ACNL or the Train Station?

Thanks for any help!
If you want to advertise your discord, please do not do it in your thread. Instead, either do so in the following thread, or your signature.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?406736-Discord-Chat-Group-Directory-Thread

Back