• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I don't know how often mods/admins still check this thread, so hopefully this won't get missed :p

I'm wondering what TBT's view on 'welcome wagon'-type PM's? i.e. messaging new users about threads you may run, like services or cycling or shops or what have you. I originally came from ACC, (I know, I know, I've long since left tho :3) and that sort of thing is the norm over there. I couldn't find anything in the faq/rules about it, so I thought I'd ask here~

Thanks for your time! x

I'd advise against it - it's off-putting to be the person on the receiving end of those PMs. Just let new users find their own way around the site. If they're interested in your services then they'll find you on their own.

I don't know how often mods/admins still check this thread, so hopefully this won't get missed :p

I'm wondering what TBT's view on 'welcome wagon'-type PM's? i.e. messaging new users about threads you may run, like services or cycling or shops or what have you. I originally came from ACC, (I know, I know, I've long since left tho :3) and that sort of thing is the norm over there. I couldn't find anything in the faq/rules about it, so I thought I'd ask here~

Thanks for your time! x

If you did this to me when I joined I would just leave the forum

- - - Post Merge - - -

or cuss you out and then leave that probably is better

Thanks for your time! x

I've never heard of this haha.

While there's no specific rule on it, if we did receive multiple reports about it, we would probably ask you to stop at some point.

Hello! Did the rate at which TBT is earned decrease? It just seems like it takes more posts to earn the same amount of bells. Not complaining, just curious :>

What happens when you get banned several times? Does all your tbt and collectibles go away? Haha, just curious.

What happens when you get banned several times? Does all your tbt and collectibles go away? Haha, just curious.

Speaking from experience, no. Bans will get increasingly longer, but you don't lose anything except for about 20 TBT per infraction.

Hello! Did the rate at which TBT is earned decrease? It just seems like it takes more posts to earn the same amount of bells. Not complaining, just curious :>

It has to do with how much quality you put in your post. For example if you post a longer and well-thought reply in Brewster's Cafe it will earn you more than writing 'I feel good because I woke up early' in the same forum/topic.

Also when you edit or upload pictures to a post it will take away some ('spent').

Last edited:
It has to do with how much quality you put in your post. For example if you post a longer and well-thought reply in Brewster's Cafe it will earn you more than writing 'I feel good because I woke up early' in the same forum/topic.

Also when you edit or upload pictures to a post it will take away some ('spent').

You can bypass spending bells for images if you use an off-site uploader like Imgur or Photobucket.

can we pls like our own posts like whats the reason we cant other than we will look like idiots coz idm tbh

What is going on with this whole "character limit" thing? Is this just now being added or something?
I went to edit my signature and I removed something, but when I tried to save it, it said I had "exceeded the 1000 character limit". Wtf? Why is that there? Same thing happened with my OC thread.

At the very least we should be able to buy some kind of thing that lets us extend the limit, much like mailboxes and avatar width stuff.

What is going on with this whole "character limit" thing? Is this just now being added or something?
I went to edit my signature and I removed something, but when I tried to save it, it said I had "exceeded the 1000 character limit". Wtf? Why is that there? Same thing happened with my OC thread.

At the very least we should be able to buy some kind of thing that lets us extend the limit, much like mailboxes and avatar width stuff.

Hm, must have been something new to prevent overly large signatures that some people may have had.

there's always been a thread character limit. I think it's 50k characters for the first post

Hm, must have been something new to prevent overly large signatures that some people may have had.

there's always been a thread character limit. I think it's 50k characters for the first post

I figured as much for the thread limit, just thought I should mention though.
My sig is only long because I like to organize everything with links and stuff. Not sure how a character limit would solve the problem though. Most people simply have images that are too large and image links barely take up any space.

Last edited:
I could've sworn I got the 1000 character limit message way back

how long was it since you last changed your sig?

Last edited:
Is there a thread for TBT appraisals? I looked, but didn't see any. I haven't spent any TBT yet, so I'm still new to it. Right now, someone offered me their Coco for 220 TBT, but I have no idea if that's a good offer or not. I don't wanna get ripped off.

Is there a thread for TBT appraisals? I looked, but didn't see any. I haven't spent any TBT yet, so I'm still new to it. Right now, someone offered me their Coco for 220 TBT, but I have no idea if that's a good offer or not. I don't wanna get ripped off.

No, there's not.

Few questions! The add 1-3 images in shop are sold out. Will they ever be restocked or can I add images to my sig now without having to buy? ;-;
Is there an app I can use to be able to view the forums from my iPhone and do they give notifications when you get a PM/VM?

You could use a table to add multiple images. I believe the limit is 5.

More info here [x]

As for an app I just did a quick google search and it doesn't look like there is one.

Back