• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask Bowie

If bowies your favorite artist who would be after him?

That's a tricky one. Lady Gaga, Kate Bush, and Bj?rk are probably my most favourite artists after him, that I follow the most. Funnily enough, the kind of music I listen to regularly is often very different to the kind of music I listen to from my favourite artists. I guess I like them so much because of the kind of artists and people they are, sometimes more than the music they make.

I listen to a lot of soundtracks by various artists, 99% of them instrumentals, and some really obscure stuff by Ryan Dorin (Ratboy Genius), Klaus Nomi, and most recently Tonetta. I really enjoy listening to Imogen Heap, Caravan Palace, and 80s disco as well!

To answer your question, though, probably Lady Gaga. First musician I ever really got into, even before Bowie. Bowie just struck me the most, when I calculated everything. His artistry and personality had a bigger impact on me than anyone else, and I believe he will always be at the top of the list.

So for my David Bowie knife (I didn't have time to do it today) I am planning on doing the Ziggy bolt fully in red and blue glitter (I just drew it on with expo pens today) down the main part of the blade, but I was wondering what other Bowie things would go well with it? Like to cover the wooden handle. I plan on making it an art piece and putting it in a shadow box, one of my mom's exes got it for me years ago for Christmas, like sure, me, a vegetarian, is going to use a hunting knife...

So for my David Bowie knife (I didn't have time to do it today) I am planning on doing the Ziggy bolt fully in red and blue glitter (I just drew it on with expo pens today) down the main part of the blade, but I was wondering what other Bowie things would go well with it? Like to cover the wooden handle. I plan on making it an art piece and putting it in a shadow box, one of my mom's exes got it for me years ago for Christmas, like sure, me, a vegetarian, is going to use a hunting knife...

Well, surprisingly, Bowie has used a lot of pretty neat, simple designs for his album covers and stuff. Here are a few I recommend:

david-bowie-blackstar.jpg

Not a lot of people know this, but the bottom part of the image spells out "BOWIE". If I ever were to get a tattoo, I would totally get it with those initials on.

David_Bowie_-_The_Next_Day.png

This one has a very simple white square, which might wrap around the handle quite nicely.

X7mLrYj.jpg

And if you're into that, those clothes are pretty iconic in the Bowie world. He wore it then and wore it again in the "Lazarus" video, posing in the same way. He also wore it on one of his tours, which I think is pretty neat.

Hope you like! Also, I really love your knife. Be sure to show me it when you're finished!

whats the best kind of chocklate
A: milk
B: dark
C: white
D: hot chocklate
E: all of the above
F: AB
G:AC
H:AD
I: BC
J: BD
K:CD
M: who the hell cares
N: I dont enjoy any of the above.
L: Strait up coco powder.

Last edited:
whats the best kind of chocklate
A: milk
B: dark
C: white
D: hot chocklate
E: all of the above
F: AB
G:AC
H:AD
I: BC
J: BD
K:CD
M: who the hell cares
N: I dont enjoy any of the above.
L: Strait up coco powder.

Probably A. I'm not a huge chocolate fan in general, but I usually eat milk chocolate.

What is up with your signature and avatar? It's cool.

I'm changing them a lot lately. Since I finally figured out how to edit GIFs (and opened a GFX shop), I've been messing around a lot with the different kind of results I can get, and I guess I decided on this as an end result!

I know I just said this before, but if you didn't catch it, it's the album cover of David Bowie's 2003 album Reality, designed by the late Rex Ray.

Back