Ask Bowie

Oh! No, that was just banter. He wanted to purchase a shiny Mewtwo I had a while back, and he's never picked it up, so it's kind of just an in-joke we have.

Wow I'm gullable. I thought that was legit. :p

in your opinion what things did Bayonetta 1 do better than Bayonetta 2 and vise versa?
personally I loved the battle system and customization much better in 2 but the rest like story, level design and bosses are done better in 1 because it just has that wow factor and it's also a bit more gory

in your opinion what things did Bayonetta 1 do better than Bayonetta 2 and vise versa?
personally I loved the battle system and customization much better in 2 but the rest like story, level design and bosses are done better in 1 because it just has that wow factor and it's also a bit more gory

Thanks so much for asking this! I'm obsessed with the both of 'em.

I feel like the first game is a lot more gloomy. There's a lot of misty yellow in there, and the fact all of the environments (excluding Isla Del Sol perhaps) are full of wreckage and ruins (hell, Vigrid is referenced numerous times as a tourist attraction because of its history) doesn't make things any less so.

The second game is completely different. It's modern, it's so much more vibrant, and when you reach the chapters that take you back to Vigrid, you really notice it more. I like the way that they didn't completely abandon the first game's unique design, because it reminded me of Twilight Princess, and I really like that. It helped that the Lost Holy Grounds area didn't have those annoying drops anymore as well.

I personally think that the second game is better, visually. The reflections and level of detail is amazing, and it's easily the most beautiful game I've ever played. I could spend hours just walking around the place. I liked the way that you could walk around. It felt so much more immersive. In the first game, I felt like you were always going in a straight line, and you always knew which way to go. It felt more enclosed and narrow. I really appreciate how huge the environments are in the second game, and how much space you have to explore.

So, visually, I have to say I think the second game does a better job. But as for customisation, I totally agree with you. I was so happy with the amount of costumes you get to wear, and I love the new interface for your inventory.

I think that the story is better in the first game. You know that part at the end when you think she's dead, and she doesn't appear in Angel Attack or the loading practice screen anymore? That was so genius. I loved that. And when Jeanne came it just felt so empowering, and I kinda think Jeanne deserves a lot more credit for all the stuff she had to go through. Hell, some people forget she had to hide from angels for 500 years, all while Bayonetta was sleeping. The second game didn't give me that same jump, though I think the animation is a lot better, and everybody looks a lot more natural in their expressions.

Only thing in the second game, relating to the battle system, that took me a while to get used to was the slow hits. I felt like the enemies weren't as fast as they were in the first game, and I'm used to really big, furious guys who can't wait to strike you. I kinda missed their grassiness as well. The angels from the first game were really dirty and didn't look very angelic at all, whereas the second game's enemies were really shiny and sometimes robotic. Wasn't a huge fan of that.

Also didn't like the final boss fight much. It was actually a lot easier than some of the normal bosses. Jubileus looked like a god. She looked like somebody you would have no chance ever of defeating, whereas Aesir was around the same size as Bayonetta, and just looked like any other boss. I didn't feel satisfied with that. Fortunately, Rodin is there as a secret boss, and he is brutal.

And finally, the music is better in the first game, in my opinion. I missed the "One of a Kind" letimotifs hidden in just about every track, though there are three or four hidden in the second game as well. "Moon River" is amazing as well.

If you still play, I'd love to play some Tag Climax with you sometime! Still need to unlock some more Verse Cards anyway.

last time I played bayonetta 2 I went for after game content? like I finished the story but I still haven't completed my collection of hidden treasure ad stuff and haven't unlocked a bunch of thing from the shop. so I went through the levels again with Lars helping me find the hidden treasure, we haven't continued/ finished it but might someday I guess, it was really fun. Lars and I played the online mode a few times, he's a ton times better than me so I need to practice more :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

forgot to ask a question! well, what's you favorite unlockable bayonetta outfit? mine is probably one of the ridiculous ones like the white formal dress and the pink dress for some reason

last time I played bayonetta 2 I went for after game content? like I finished the story but I still haven't completed my collection of hidden treasure ad stuff and haven't unlocked a bunch of thing from the shop. so I went through the levels again with Lars helping me find the hidden treasure, we haven't continued/ finished it but might someday I guess, it was really fun. Lars and I played the online mode a few times, he's a ton times better than me so I need to practice more :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

forgot to ask a question! well, what's you favorite unlockable bayonetta outfit? mine is probably one of the ridiculous ones like the white formal dress and the pink dress for some reason

Yeah, me and Lars plan to play as well. How do you feel about the multiplayer mode? I think it's fun, but I think it would've been nice if you could play full chapters with people as well, maybe on some kind of increased difficulty thing. Maybe in the next game!

I really like the Old one, with the outcast mask. It looks really stylish, and her flowing hair is awesome. It doesn't fit as well in the second game as it did in the first one, though, so I'm kinda just experimenting and seeing what I like the best. Jeanne's costumes, on the other hand, are amazing and I absolutely love the white one from the first game. I would play her all the time if I could get used to the Bat Within thing.

Aiming to unlock Rosa soon, though. Will probably main her when I get her.

What's your favorite 2NE1 song?

"I Am the Best", probably. Only because it was the first song I heard from them. I don't typically listen to that kind of music (I'm more of a J-pop kind of guy), but they were amazing!

Last edited:
Lars says Rosa kind of controls like bayonetta from bayonetta 1 but that's all I know. there are other unlockable characters as well, I believe I unlocked Rodin, he plays like **** tbh.
I think online mode is alright but I prefer story mode a lot more, since it's on the linear side and combat heavy I don't see why they wouldn't consider making it a multiplayer coop in the next installment. if there's one.

"I Am the Best", probably. Only because it was the first song I heard from them. I don't typically listen to that kind of music (I'm more of a J-pop kind of guy), but they were amazing!

Interestingly enough, that was also the first song I heard from them, which got me into them back into 2014! Also interestingly enough, it was in March that year when I first heard it, at the same time "Come Back Home" (which I'm listening to right now actually!) and "Happy" came out. Sadly enough though, just two months later they'd release their last song before disbandment (since "Goodbye" technically came out two months after their disbandment), which makes me wish I had gotten into them earlier, considering they formed in 2009. However, I do get you on the J-pop thing: I personally listened to J-pop a lot in 2011 and 2012, and although not quite as much, still some in 2013 and 2014 too. I actually hated Kpop for a while after "Gangnam Style" came out in 2012, but I think I just used one song to judge a whole genre, which I shouldn't have done.

Anyways, what do you think of this commercial?

Lars says Rosa kind of controls like bayonetta from bayonetta 1 but that's all I know. there are other unlockable characters as well, I believe I unlocked Rodin, he plays like **** tbh.
I think online mode is alright but I prefer story mode a lot more, since it's on the linear side and combat heavy I don't see why they wouldn't consider making it a multiplayer coop in the next installment. if there's one.

If I remember correctly, Rosa is supposed to fill her magic gauge up in the same way as Bayo from the first game, but her controls aren't really different. I've learnt that you can switch between the old and new combo styles depending on what weapons you are using. If you use Scarborough Fair, for example, you use the old controls, and Jeanne has the old controls as well (because she uses the same guns she used in the first game).

I've unlocked Rodin, but I haven't used him yet. I unlocked Rosa just today, though, and she's great! Her health is super low, though. What she doesn't have in vitality she makes up for in power.

On a scale of 1-10 how good do you feel today?

4, probably.

Interestingly enough, that was also the first song I heard from them, which got me into them back into 2014! Also interestingly enough, it was in March that year when I first heard it, at the same time "Come Back Home" (which I'm listening to right now actually!) and "Happy" came out. Sadly enough though, just two months later they'd release their last song before disbandment (since "Goodbye" technically came out two months after their disbandment), which makes me wish I had gotten into them earlier, considering they formed in 2009. However, I do get you on the J-pop thing: I personally listened to J-pop a lot in 2011 and 2012, and although not quite as much, still some in 2013 and 2014 too. I actually hated Kpop for a while after "Gangnam Style" came out in 2012, but I think I just used one song to judge a whole genre, which I shouldn't have done.

Anyways, what do you think of this commercial?

I hope somebody made a remix out of that.

Back