• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on... selfies..

I don't think I've ever taken one in my life. I've been in a couple at events and parties,
and I guess that's fine, to take them in special occasions, but random daily selfies I don't get...

In class a couple of girls are OBSESSED with them, it's pretty pathetic.
They're all on their smartphones and suddenly one says "selfiiiiiie" so they gang up and make 1000000 faces at the phone for a 30 seconds then they all go back to their place and go back to their facebook or whatever.
Or suddenly one of them weill start making faces at her phone on her own.
That's even weirder. They look so stupid while they're doing it.

Sometimes I don't understand humanity.
I'm not saying I'm against them. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
I sent one to my friend once cause I had to show her my hat and neck bandana for our drama. It was cool yo. (the drama not the selfie)

I-I've taken photos of myself before... Is that vain or wrong or what? ;w; I admit when people take photos of themselves for every single thing they do it gets really annoying (I seldom upload photos of myself to like Facebook or anything //). But I don't see what is wrong in it? Am I missing something here or what? There's nothing wrong in taking a photo of yourself, is there? :p

Yeah, I hate it when people take selfies for every tiny little thing, it's pretty infuriating.

I have obviously taken a selfie before, considering my avatar is one >_> but I don't take them often at all, really.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's nothing wrong in taking a photo of yourself, is there? :p

Exactly

When was the last time I actually taken an actual "selfie" of myself and posted it? About 3 years? Seems about right. I don't mind them - they're just pictures of people who like looking at themselves.

I've never taken one, but I don't see the point of posting hundreds upon hundreds of them with various activities.
If you want to record something down, get a ****ing diary, will you?
If you like taking photos of yourself, put them in a photo album.

Someone in my Business class took a selfie of themselves while she was at her mother's funeral.

They don't hurt anybody, despite being obnoxious. I don't see why some people get so worked up about them haha (love or hate).

Some people just like taking them and looking at others. i.e. my sister has a couple thousand likes on her fb page for it, though to be fair, she cosplays.

I only really take selfies when my hair looks good or it's a special event =P I don't even upload all of them, either, it's mostly just for fun c: but people who do it every day are annoying. No, we didn't forget what you look like, calm down. .___.

Honestly.. who cares
if someone wants to take lots of pictures of themselves, sure go ahead
I never do though lol

Selfies are great.. unless you post 100 of them a day. I know people who do, and at that point it just looks super conceited.

I view selfies as an expression of creativity and self-confidence. Go for it!

I don't like it when people post loads every day, my Instagram feed is full of other peoples selfies.
I hardly take any, I don't like them that much and I look rubbish in photos.

'Selfie' shouldn't even be a word.. Can't believe it's been added to the Oxford English dictionary. We really need some academy like French has which protects the language.

So yeah.. not a fan of them.

I don't like them personally. I don't even like having my photo taken by anyone hahaha.

I like taking selfies.
I just don't like when my friend takes 5 million selfies of herself on my phone.

I think they are an awesome way of documenting ur life in picture form as long as it's not just another selfie like your selfie game gotta be strong

Last edited:
Back