Thoughts on... selfies..

i despise pictures because i despise my face, so i personally avoid the camera like the plague.

but, moderation is everything.

Here's my thoughts on selfies, quoted from a post of mine in another thread.

I don't and I hope I never will.
Instagram (IMO) is worse than snapchat. It's worse than twitter, Facebook, tumblr (I love tumblr though) or pretty much any social media out there. The reason why is selfies. I think it's a stupid useless craze with no real appeal and a real waste of someone's time.

Well let me tell you. I have at least an essay coming up in this so you'd best-

BUT FIRST.
LEMME TAKE A SELFIE
That song is so big now.
We had a week without our local radio (we were on holidays) and it`s one of the only songs we kept bringing up.
The song is pretty ridiculous, though.

Taking selfies are so boring.The only time I've done it is to test out the 3DS edit picture tool on something besides a wall...xD

Our society teaches people(especially young girls) that they aren't good enough and they need to be more attractive. I think selfies are a fantastic way of encouraging body positivity and self-love and sharing that with others.

Our society teaches people(especially young girls) that they aren't good enough and they need to be more attractive. I think selfies are a fantastic way of encouraging body positivity and self-love and sharing that with others.
I just do it when I get starbucks

- - - Post Merge - - -

Taking selfies are so boring. The only time I've done it is to test out the 3DS edit picture tool on something besides a wall...xD
*is so boring
or
*Selfies are so boring
Sorry. It was bothering me.

I take them but I don't expose it, lol. I take them less than most girls too. I just keep them to myself.

I take a selfie once a day then upload it with a hashtag with selfie and the name of the day so for example #selfiesunday

I take a selfie once a day then upload it with a hashtag with selfie and the name of the day so for example #selfiesunday

this comment got me laughing for ages ufjekd

im sorry I just can't <3

#selfiesunday is going to be my new thing now :}

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh oops, it's Tuesday today in Australia. ;o

#selfiestuesday

this comment got me laughing for ages ufjekd

im sorry I just can't <3

#selfiesunday is going to be my new thing now :}

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh oops, it's Tuesday today in Australia. ;o

#selfiestuesday
It's not just selfie Sunday. Man crush Monday, twerk team Tuesday, woman crush wednesday, twerk team Thursday, and solo twerk Saturday.

I really don't get what the hype is all about. I mean, taking a picture of oneself has been around ever since. It also gets really annoying when someone gets your phone and spams it with selfies.

I don't care for it, I just see it as one of the many disappointments of today's society. I just thought it was some lack of self confidence thing from reports I've heard/read.

I really don't get what the hype is all about. I mean, taking a picture of oneself has been around ever since. It also gets really annoying when someone gets your phone and spams it with selfies.

This is exactly how I feel. Taking pictures of yourself is nothing new, it baffles me why a new stupid new term had to be made for it. This selfie craze has made me refrain from taking pictures of myself because whenever I do, people swarm like bugs. "OMG THAT SELFIE IS FAB LOLOL" I'm like... No. It's a picture I took of myself, I don't know what a selfie is. Is it someone who's selfish??

Last edited:
I lack the self confidence to take selfies. I do sometimes to freshen up a profile photo, or to update my look and show that my baby face is going away lol... I currently have a several month old picture of myself on most places and I look a lot younger in them... I need to change my profile photo but it's vacation and I kind of always look like crap lol.

I lack the self confidence to take selfies. I do sometimes to freshen up a profile photo, or to update my look and show that my baby face is going away lol... I currently have a several month old picture of myself on most places and I look a lot younger in them... I need to change my profile photo but it's vacation and I kind of always look like crap lol.
I'm sure you look great! :) Don't be afraid.

- - - Post Merge - - -

this girl on fb did that so i said, "yeah i think you're right"

she unfriended me lol
omg this is great
Dat deer doe

*budumtiss*
doesn't even have to do anything with the thread but it's hilarious
CLOSE THIS BEFORE JAKE FINDS IT. FOR YOUR OWN GOODSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
sad bc it's true
I think they are an awesome way of documenting ur life in picture form as long as it's not just another selfie like your selfie game gotta be strong
truth+hercules.gif

I just do it when I get starbucks

It's not just selfie Sunday. Man crush Monday, twerk team Tuesday, woman crush wednesday, twerk team Thursday, and solo twerk Saturday.

Lol aww I lack the confidence too...I don't even have Facebook or anything like that but if I did...I doubt I'd change it often.

I think some people are waaaaaay too into themselves this day and age. I don't have a problem with selfies. But some people take too many. There was this girl who posted 40 of herself in ONE day. All different mirror poses too...I was like :eek: where do you find the time?!

I remember 4 years ago taking a selfie means that you are a "camera wh*re"

Last edited:
Back