• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play indie games?

Do you play indie games?

• Yes, more than others

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Yes, sometimes

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Yes, but not often

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Never

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

KaptenK

井蛙之见
Bells
Do you play indie games? Which ones do you play and do you think they compare to the triple A games?

I play loads of them, probably more than other games. I often find them more creative and they are in a better price class.

I mostly enjoy rouge-like games (if you die, you start over) since they are a nice challenge. The Binding of Isaac, FTL and Rouge Legacy are my favorites.

I also enjoy many other indie games, such as: Don't starve, Minecraft, Limbo, Braid, Nidhogg, Papers Please and many more.

I play Dwarf Fortress and Angband. I reckon I've had more hours of amusement out of DF than any regular game franchise except possibly Pokemon.

Sometimes I think about starting a fort and naming the dwarves after ACNL characters, but given how DF games tend to go they would inevitably die in horrible ways.

I mostly enjoy rouge-like games (if you die, you start over) since they are a nice challenge. The Binding of Isaac, FTL and Rouge Legacy are my favorites.

I think you'd enjoy Risk of Rain.
riskofrain.jpg

Yes, Indie games are the best video games in my opinion. I even plan to become an indie myself one day.

Some of my favorite indie games are Little Inferno, Mutant Mudds, The Bit Trip. Games

Ones I wish I could play are Super Meat Boy, Color Physics Deluxe, Minecraft, And Yet it Moves etc.

Last edited:
indie games are pretty good ^0^ my most favorite indie game is bastion!! i cant get enough of it

It looks awesome! Totally gonna try it out!

Yes, Indie games are the best video games in my opinion. I even plan to become an indie myself one day.

Some of my favorite indie games are Little Inferno, Mutant Mudds, The Bit Trip. Games

Ones I wish I could play are Super Meat Boy, Color Physics Deluxe, Minecraft, And Yet it Moves etc.

AAAH LITTLE INFERNO IS THE BEST x3 I've replayed it so many times

indie games are pretty good ^0^ my most favorite indie game is bastion!! i cant get enough of it

How could I forget to mention Bastion? It's one of the few games that actually made me cry x'3

It looks awesome! Totally gonna try it out!

Hope you like it! I got it on sale, not sure it's base cost, it's $9.99. Well worth it. It gets harder the longer you play, even if you just stay in the first level and farm. And there are so many classes to unlock...I've only gotten 1 unlocked so far and I have (for me) a lot of playtime xD

Last edited:
Eh I spose I do. Bastion was goshdarn awesome uwu Too bad it's pretty rare for me to play stuff on my pc

Ah **** misclicked on the poll. Great

Last edited:
I play quite a bit of indie games, not enough to make it the main kind of games I play but a lot of them. Some of them are little jewels....others, not so much. I can't say I haven't played an indie game I didn't like though

IBBBBBBBBBBB (⌒▽⌒) god I love that game.

But I really I do like indie games. But I'm not like a hipster or anything, I very much like popular things too ( ^ω^ )
But I really like how most indie games are just free little games that can really be amazing. Some of my favorites include IB, mad father, slender,and ao oni (⌒▽⌒) I love indie horror games, even if I do get scared easily and usually end up screaming or playing happy music in the background to make myself feel better(^∇^)

Yes. I like playing indie games because they are so different than what is available on the market. Granted, most of the indie games I play are more visual novels and dating sims which is a very niche gaming area. But they have excellent story telling and are games that keep me coming back again and again.

I'm gonna bump this thread to tell about my newest obsession :blush:

I discovered an adorable little game called The Yawhg. It's a simple story-based game with nice art, music and a neat local multiplayer function. I'm absolutely in love with this game.

http://www.theyawhg.com/

I absolutely love Indie Games! I'm a huge fan. I've even made one (free of course).
Much inspiration + Dedication + Love for pixel art + Knowledge of coding = Me creating an indie game!

Play quite a few of them. From Yume Nikki+fgs to Papers, please to Cave Story to To The Moon and others. I`m actually interested in developing a short one for fun haha...(except I`m a lazy fatarse but heh).

They`re uh, very hit or miss. But they have the imagination and originality all the AAA games kind of sometimes lack!

Binding of Isaac ( same creator as Super meat boy) is sush a master piece!

The Cat Lady, these feels....these feeeeeeeeeelsss...I fell inlove with this game.

Castle Crashers is amazing!

Bit Trip... Its fun and I love it!

Monaco, lots of fun...espeically with coup

Primordia, if you loves robots, you will love this. Also sush a master piece!

------

Indie Games has been doing better games lately, love it!

Back