• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

When doing the reset trick, can you quit the game after Isabelle saves when creating your TPC? Or do you have to wait until you're outside of the Town Hall and save manually?

Yes, mature bamboo counts as trees for achieving "perfect town" status.

Oh, great news! And here was I thinking I'd never achieve it in my bamboo hell town. x) Thank you so much!

- - - Post Merge - - -

When doing the reset trick, can you quit the game after Isabelle saves when creating your TPC? Or do you have to wait until you're outside of the Town Hall and save manually?

I always wait and save manually just to be sure, better not trust Isabelle :)

Last edited:
Do physical ACNL games save to the cartridge or the system? I've seen conflicting answers. I want to grab another copy of ACNL, and I have two 3ds, so I was wondering if I'd be able to have one town or just two.

Do physical ACNL games save to the cartridge or the system? I've seen conflicting answers. I want to grab another copy of ACNL, and I have two 3ds, so I was wondering if I'd be able to have one town or just two.

The physical ACNL game saves to the cartridge. I have eight towns (all cartridges) and two 3DS.

The digital version is saved on the SD card.

When the train station upgrade is achieved, can we change the colour of the original style (say from yellow to blue), or only change the style? (Same for Town Hall)

When the train station upgrade is achieved, can we change the colour of the original style (say from yellow to blue), or only change the style? (Same for Town Hall)

Only the style, unfortunately. Color would have been a nice option, maybe an earlier, cheaper unlock, but alas, 'twas not to be.

How do initiatives work with separate characters? Are the initiatives the same for the town? If they are, can both characters complete them and receive the rewards separately?

How do initiatives work with separate characters? Are the initiatives the same for the town? If they are, can both characters complete them and receive the rewards separately?

Each character in the town will get a separate and random set of initiatives (two daily and two weekly).

When a villager announces that they will be moving, is the date that they specify going to be the date that they will be in boxes or will they be gone on that date? Had a little incident where I time traveled to the date they stated and they were gone, but I have been going forward and backward a few times before this happened, so maybe days elapsed while I was doing that?

edit: just tt'd to the villager move out date, and they are still here and in boxes. must have been when i was tt'ing forward and back and it was counting those as days.

Last edited:
When a villager announces that they will be moving, is the date that they specify going to be the date that they will be in boxes or will they be gone on that date? Had a little incident where I time traveled to the date they stated and they were gone, but I have been going forward and backward a few times before this happened, so maybe days elapsed while I was doing that?

edit: just tt'd to the villager move out date, and they are still here and in boxes. must have been when i was tt'ing forward and back and it was counting those as days.

TT-ing back counts as one day ahead. No matter how many days you time traveled back. After TT-ing back, TT-ing forward would also speed up their moving day.

Forward TT-ing only to the date they mentioned will be normal. They will be on boxes. But TT-ing backwards then forwards would make their move out day more confusing and earlier than the supposed date. To tell when the villager is moving when you TT backwards then forwards during their moving time, you have to talk to them, and they will soon mention how many days are remaining when you accept/deny a moving ping a day after you did so. TT to the number of remaining days.

Now let's say I have Bob accepted on moving in 10 days, and I accidentally TT backwards right after, which now counts as 9 days left. I would talk to Bob on the same day, then he would tell me how many days it is remaining for his actual moving date after chatting with him multiple times. It should say 9 days.

If nobody is moving, I'd TT to the present ASAP.

Last edited:
Does friendship level affect likelihood of PWP request?

Also, after the update, does the diving trick still work for PWP? My villagers are not requesting any and it has been a long time.

Does friendship level affect likelihood of PWP request?

Also, after the update, does the diving trick still work for PWP? My villagers are not requesting any and it has been a long time.

Friendship level does not affect PWP requests, as it's all RNG. The dive trick still works, but as always, be sure to fill your pockets with flowers. This increases your chances of getting a ping for a PWP, as you don't have any items villagers could ask to buy or any space for them to sell items to you. Of course, there are plenty of other things they can ping for, but every little bit helps.

is it true that grass grows back in your town? If so, how long does it take for it to do so?

Grass deteriorated beforehand by buildings, walking, etc., can grow back if you plant flowers all over those spots and ignore them. It usually takes a month or two to completely recover.

However, dirt spots that you saw in the beginnings of your town are permanently so - and will never grow grass on them, no matter what you do. They are also the spots where grass will more likely deteriorate around, so planting greenery around them is not a bad idea anyways.

Last edited:
is it true that grass grows back in your town? If so, how long does it take for it to do so?

My town was completely bald. Planting and watering flowers did nothing, so I time travelled 8 days and back, to get rid of a villager (I don't normally TT) and all my grass is back.
I did this twice

I had read conflicting reports. Some stated TT did nothing, but I can happily say it worked a miracle.

Last edited:
Back