• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Your opinions about Raymond

honestly if i found him i'm not sure i would take him. i don't love him, wouldn't want him on my island as even a semi permanent villager, and i don't really need the tickets from selling him either.

I like Raymond! before finding him on a mystery island I was indifferent, but I took him on bc I wanted a cat and the hype surrounding him had me interested. turns out he's actually a great villager, and his appearance gives him a bit more personality! I'm not sure if I'd let him go if he asked, he's definitely one of the better smugs I've ever taken on

i enjoy his appearance, but beyond that, i literally know nothing about raymond other than he's a male cat. i can understand the fandom behind him i suppose (at least, because he seems like a really appealing character to have around and kitties in tuxedos is just too adorable) but i'm not too 'gung-ho' about him. if i had the space and i randomly came by him with island hopping, i think i would give him a shot, but i don't think he'd be a permanent resident on flonkerton.

out of all the smug villagers i've had slight knowledge over, he does seem to be one of the more unique-looking.

I like cat villagers so by default I like Raymond, but do think it's wild how much he's sold for online.

I think Mister Office Cat has a cool design though. Much cooler than a smug with a generic house and design, in my opinion.

That being said, I do prefer animals that look like more like plain animals (like Lolly or Mitzi) and less stylized (like Kid Cat or Kabuki).

Raymond is one of the few smug villagers I actually like. I probably wouldn't take him to my island if I ever met him, but I think he's okay. But some Raymond fans are...scary, to say the least. But the same goes for people who hates his very existence.

I got him last night. I was actually hunting for Reneigh on the mystery island but saw Raymond. I’ll try him out for a while. Then I can see what the fuss is about !

I honestly really like him.
I found him on around 26 nmts and he’s grown on me since I managed to find him. He’s super snarky and always seems like he has got back? Idk his humour is always good to me 😂😂

I see why people don’t like him because he’s over-rated or people act like he’s the only village that counts. But honestly he’s a decent villager.

I don’t think he’s worth as much as people try to sell/trade him for, but it’s up to the person.

When i managed to get him, my friends came over and freaked out when they saw him. Since they really want him aswell since he’s a business cat with a sense of snark ☺️

CDB342CB-7E21-492C-858B-62E71A96D141.jpeg

I'm not too fussed about Raymond- I personally find him cute, but not 20 quid of cute... He is hella overrated. But he's good on the market I guess, so I'd definitely be happy to obtain him.

Out of the new villagers for NH I think I might like his design the most. He was the second visitor to my campsite so I snatched him up!

He's not one of my top villagers (and for smugs I think I like Marshal more) but I like him in part because he has a lot in common with someone close to me (won't say what since it involves personal info). I might part with him some day though.

I think he's cute. He's got the black ears, mittens, and tail, which add to his cuteness. You know, if they were going to make a business cat, I wish they'd gone all the way & made him a tuxedo. not sure how i feel about the heterochromia + bangs, it's a little too... idk gacha game idol boy character design for me. But his little nerd house is cute. Overall, I think he's a great villager, but he isn't overthrowing my favorite cat (Kid Cat) nor my favorite smug (Marshal) anytime soon.

i know this subject has been beaten to death but i'll give my two cents anyways. i really don't like him. i think he's overrated and just looks like a yuppie to me lol

I wholeheartedly agree, I think he is by far the MOST overrated villager to have ever existed in the Animal Crossing franchise. When they first revealed him, I thought his design was okay. He has glasses by default, which is unique to only a small handful of villagers, and he has mismatched eyes that are somewhat common for cats. Those were my takeaways from the reveal. He's yet another popular smug villager (I know, I know. I have Julien and had Marshal on my island, but their popularity seems to pale in comparison to Raymond).

I can't believe people have paid real money for him, especially when it's obvious that the seller hacked him in. Granted, the prices are not as insane as it was before Nintendo started to crack down on the black market. Sellers also tend to have multiple listings of the same popular villagers, so yeah, it's all hacked... And if you're not crazy about paying irl cash, the in-game payments are absolutely astounding. Seriously, if you can afford the sometimes hundreds of NMs to buy Raymond, you might as well just hunt for him yourself... Either way, if you buy Raymond, you better pray you won't be scammed/stolen from.

And a small hot take, but I think a lot of people who post pictures/videos of Raymond are #humblebragging. I feel this is especially so on reddit where they can fish for up votes and badges. Not everyone is like this, but I think it's easy to tell who's looking to show him off *cough* maid dress Raymond *cough*

That all being said, if you have Raymond on your island, good for you. :) You clearly see something in him that I don't, and I'm not going to rain on your parade or bash you for having one of the most popular villagers. I'd be a hypocrite because I have "top-tier" popular villagers too.
I got to admit, I do have a small crush on him. I have made half of the gifs that exist for him. He reminds me of this kid in my class.
Post automatically merged:

I think he's cute. He's got the black ears, mittens, and tail, which add to his cuteness. You know, if they were going to make a business cat, I wish they'd gone all the way & made him a tuxedo. not sure how i feel about the heterochromia + bangs, it's a little too... idk gacha game idol boy character design for me. But his little nerd house is cute. Overall, I think he's a great villager, but he isn't overthrowing my favorite cat (Kid Cat) nor my favorite smug (Marshal) anytime soon.
Completely agree. He is cute and reminds me of this nerd in my class that's like raymond.

I honestly have no opinion on Raymond. He just exists to me and that’s it. Do I need to have him on my Island? No. Would I be upset if he decided to move in? Also no. There’s only a few Islanders that I will actively try to get to move in on my Island and I have all of their Amiibo cards to help me out.

I like Raymond a lot because he has a cohesive theme and doesn't fell slapped together like a lot of villagers do. His different colored eyes are a nice touch. The selection of smug villagers is very disappointing to me so I'm glad they added Raymond. In NL my favorite smug was Henry and there weren't any smug cats back then which was disappointing.

He's my baby boy, and I can't imagine my island without him ♡

I first got him from a member here through a very long late night adventure. Before I restarted Rainbow I had a friend hold him for me. Then I got him when I had room. He's been with me way longer then the others, way longer.

We've had alot of memorable adventures, and he's put up with alot of my schnanagins xD

I love my doctor cat 🐱

2021071913164800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Last edited:
As overrated he may be, I actually kinda like Raymond. He's a cat villager with a unique design, what's not to love? And he shares the same name with my older brother, which is extra special to me. I've never had him on my island, but my younger brother currently does. Raymond doesn't overrule the other cat villagers I like, not by a longshot - But I would not be disappointed in the least if I were to have him on my island.

uhhh i guess i like him, i mean, he’s cute, but i wouldnt pay real money to have him. thats insane. like, i get buying amiibos or sm, but yk, he’s not one of my faves. i seriously dont get the hype. hes literally just a cat. who happens to wear maid dresses a whole lot. and can sing. okay. so whats the big deal?

Raymond is definitely a favorite of mine. I've had him on every version of my island. Always got him myself though, either through campsite or NMT. He is so unique looking and versatile. Could fill so many roles: businessman, doctor, detective....the island wouldn't be the same without him.

Back