• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Your opinions about Raymond

Amandaaaa

the ultimate Rosa (from Pokémon B2W2) stan.
Bells
Switch
6110-0337-1541
okay, i'll start.
before i really start, i want to make it clear that i don't have nothing against people that like him. A opinion is like a belly button, everyone have one in different ways. (In english i don't think this metaphor works very well but in portuguese it works wonderfully. also sorry for my bad english.

....i dislike Raymond and i hate how overrated he is. Bro, he is just a cat with glasses and a blond hair bang (that, to be honest, i find ugly).
Notice of how the villagers that were overrated af in New Leaf, like Marshal, Stitches, Meringue and many more lost their overrated fame in New Horizons to that damn e-boy cat.
You love him because he can wear a maid dress?
Every villager can wear it.
You love him because he can sing?
Every villager can sing, too.

Another thing that i find RIDICULOUS is that people are selling him for real money. AND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE BUYING HIM FOR VIRTUAL MONEY.
Well, i think, only think that spending 20+ dollars in a virtual cat that can move away from your island is just...... awful.
The same giant text i made goes to Sherb, but Sherb is not ridiculously overrated as Raymond.

So yeah, that's my opinion about Raymond and his fangirls. Now, i want to know YOUR opinion about him.

Oof. I've never liked Raymond from the start to be honest.

His overall design is just disgusting to me. I prefer characters with brighter colors, or at least characters with some color. Mathilda gets away because she has very nice touches of yellow and purple though the rest of her design is black.
His house, too, is also rather disgusting. I've literally never seen a house so blatantly boring.
Yeah... overall he's just not cute at all. Even seeing him in a freaking maid dress singing bubblegum kk isn't cute to me (actually, it's 100000000% more disgusting).

So yes. I hate Rat-mond.

I do really like Sherb, though.

I love him because he's a business cat with little glasses. That said I don't really care why other people like him. If they want to dress a pixel cat up in dresses it's none of my buisness and if people don't like him at all it's also none of my business.

He might be "over-rated" but people's need to prove how much they hate a AC villager because they are popular is just as overdone.

So I do think he's pretty cute and I usually LOVE cat villagers, but in my opinion he is overrated.
I have no issue with anyone liking him and in fact I still take him if I run into him during villager hunts or if he shows up in my campsite to give away to people who like him.

Here is why I dislike him:
I wanted to know what the Raymond hype was about so I got him on my island and he was a huge letdown. He was honestly the most boring villager I've had, and just, not likeable to me at all. What was weird to me is his dialogue wasn't even as interesting as other smugs I've had on my island. I personally don't find his house interesting either, and him being a business cat obsessed with himself isn't charming or funny to me because his dialogue is so uninteresting and unfunny.

Oof. I've never liked Raymond from the start to be honest.

His overall design is just disgusting to me. I prefer characters with brighter colors, or at least characters with some color. Mathilda gets away because she has very nice touches of yellow and purple though the rest of her design is black.
His house, too, is also rather disgusting. I've literally never seen a house so blatantly boring.
Yeah... overall he's just not cute at all. Even seeing him in a freaking maid dress singing bubblegum kk isn't cute to me (actually, it's 100000000% more disgusting).

So yes. I hate Rat-mond.

I do really like Sherb, though.
Lol
Personally i dislike Mathilda's design because it makes her looks like on of those super colorful neon furry Mary-Sue OCs from DeviantArt. But Raymond's design is 10000% more boring.
About his house.... I hate Rodney. Almost everyone does. But i love the decorations in Rodney's house. It's just so full of life while Raymond's house is... a boring office.

Edit: Yeah, i also like Sherb. He is one of my favourite villagers.

Okay, first things first. I like Accountant Cat. I’m not one to trend hop (the villagers you noted haven’t really been on my radar), but Accountant Cat is my favorite cat, but not exactly for the reasons that most people like him.

Firstly, I was only interested in getting him because I have a sibling who has just started their career in accounting. If that weren’t the case, I’d probably be in your boat, being baffled (and amused) by how much people are putting emphasis on this one villager.

I managed to get him a couple months ago (by island hopping-I don’t trade villagers AT ALL). He was awesome to have, because he was so WEIRD. I know it’s all RNG, and all smugs have the chance for this dialogue, but he always seemed to give the most bizarre dialogues and give the weirdest of gifts:
5D6C06F5-F468-47EB-B280-739699700EFF.jpeg
FC9B3AAE-E75D-44FC-9BDD-06888EBB708D.jpeg
6B3CB5ED-D56E-4A68-943A-D1DA51AE91E8.jpeg
I still have the “cat grass” he gave me as part of my lodge’s lobby.

I eventually moved him onto my parents’ island as Evwirt is a deer-only island, but his weirdness is still there.

So, that’s the reason why I like Accountant Cat. One major thing I WILL note is that I would NEVER buy anything for RLC on this game.

i don't care either way, honestly, but he's far from my favorite cat design. that would be punchy, kid cat, felyne, and lolly, but even a lot of the other cats rank higher for me than raymond. including katt and tabby who i find have more charm and character in their designs.

if anything, the hype (at least the initial amount, it's died down since) bothered me. not even marshal was this obsessed over in my experience but at least that was somewhat warranted since he was a member of a brand new villager personality. people paying hundreds upon hundreds of NMTs for raymond was ridiculous enough; it reached new levels when it turned into real life cash. thankfully, i don't think it was often.

but, in turn, people who hate him so vehemently bother me more than those who obsess over him. if you dislike his design, fine, but bashing him -- a virtual cat, at the end of the day -- to the lengths some people do is just embarrassing imo.

I remember seeing him and wanting him really bad in his trailer debut, but quickly after the game came out people we so polarized about him. Just as many people were bashing him and being kinda nasty as were idolizing him, so I decided I didn't want that kind of connotation on my island and never ended up getting him. I still think his 2 different colored eyes is adorable and I'm sure I'll end up getting him one day when he fades into cat normality like Rosie or Bob or something

I like him and I want him in my island but I find it completely ridiculous that people will scam and spend real money to get him. The over the top fangirls are annoying tho because they act like he's the best thing ever

The whole dreamie and tier thin ruined some of the villagers for me. I cringe when I see people post “rate my villagers”, they’re all programmed the same way so if you like their design then other people’s opinions shouldn’t matter. Anyway I do like Raymond though because he’s unique and most smugs are hideous lol

Lol
Personally i dislike Mathilda's design because it makes her looks like on of those super colorful neon furry Mary-Sue OCs from DeviantArt. But Raymond's design is 10000% more boring.
About his house.... I hate Rodney. Almost everyone does. But i love the decorations in Rodney's house. It's just so full of life while Raymond's house is... a boring office.

Edit: Yeah, i also like Sherb. He is one of my favourite villagers.
pffftttt mathilda is at least better than raymond. being a furry myself i like how sassy she looks lol. and her little baby toys in her house just warm my heart :')

Annddd yeah, it's odd how Rodney - the games worst villager - has a better house than raymond. at least rodney's house has some character and flair....
Post automatically merged:

most smugs are hideous lol
uhhhh,, Curlos???? Ed????????? Pietro?????????????????????/ give my homies some respect brother

Personally I like him and have just got him on my island. I'm new to Animal Crossing this year so all this hype was new to me. I havent had him on my island long to make an opinion of him as a islander. I'll be honest that I wanted him because I think hes adorable plus my boyfriend has 2 different eye colours so I also wanted him for that reason....I also have a comic cover with a cat on with different coloured eyes for the same reason 😁

I love Raymond; not because he’s popular. Popularity means nothing to me and I don’t pay attention to it anyways; I do know he’s popular but that is not why I like him. I love his design and him being a cat is a bonus since I love cats (I don’t like Monique though even though she’s a cat, but that’s a discussion for another time). His toothy grin absolutely melts my heart and I love how he looks so grumpy even though he is a smug. This is my opinion; I understand not everyone likes him nor expect them too.

Paying RLC for any villager is against the terms of services and I do not like that people are doing that, but it’s not my account that is being at risk and since I am never planning on buying them for RLC, I am not going to stress myself out over this. I have enough health problems as it is so, it’d be a waste of my energy to let this bother me since there is nothing I can do to stop people from doing this aside from not buying them with RLC.

He was my forced campsite villager, so I had him on my island for a while. His design is okay, but I don't like his house. I prefer villagers with houses that look like a house. After I got his photo I let him leave the next time he asked. One of my friends loves him, so I gave him to her.

I like Raymond, just like how I like most villagers. A lot of his popularity comes from hitting almost every checkbox in the "furry bait" handbook though. He also appeals to non-furries too, as he looks like your typical aloof anime character. Just have to ignore the crazy fangirls/fanboys, and not let them ruin a villager for you.

Indifferent to him, cat villagers lost their charm for me when all the characters got tall in NL. His eyes are cool though.

I wholeheartedly agree, I think he is by far the MOST overrated villager to have ever existed in the Animal Crossing franchise. When they first revealed him, I thought his design was okay. He has glasses by default, which is unique to only a small handful of villagers, and he has mismatched eyes that are somewhat common for cats. Those were my takeaways from the reveal. He's yet another popular smug villager (I know, I know. I have Julien and had Marshal on my island, but their popularity seems to pale in comparison to Raymond).

I can't believe people have paid real money for him, especially when it's obvious that the seller hacked him in. Granted, the prices are not as insane as it was before Nintendo started to crack down on the black market. Sellers also tend to have multiple listings of the same popular villagers, so yeah, it's all hacked... And if you're not crazy about paying irl cash, the in-game payments are absolutely astounding. Seriously, if you can afford the sometimes hundreds of NMs to buy Raymond, you might as well just hunt for him yourself... Either way, if you buy Raymond, you better pray you won't be scammed/stolen from.

And a small hot take, but I think a lot of people who post pictures/videos of Raymond are #humblebragging. I feel this is especially so on reddit where they can fish for up votes and badges. Not everyone is like this, but I think it's easy to tell who's looking to show him off *cough* maid dress Raymond *cough*

That all being said, if you have Raymond on your island, good for you. :) You clearly see something in him that I don't, and I'm not going to rain on your parade or bash you for having one of the most popular villagers. I'd be a hypocrite because I have "top-tier" popular villagers too.

Last edited:
Back