• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Your opinions about Raymond

Raymond? I always forget I even had him at one point
He is nothing special and extremely forgettable
His office theme is nice that's all I can say
I'm not a cat person so I don't really care about him

142752424_107649767996047_6358992749625873765_n.jpg

Raymond went through the same mega popularity and subsequent backlash that Marshal did in New Leaf.It's funny how a couple of video game characters can rile up the masses in equal parts of love and hate.Raymond was the forced smug camper in my first NH island that I started on launch day so I didn't have a choice on having him as a villager.I will admit that I was curious about him because I knew that there was a new smug cat in NH and during New Leaf I thought that a cat would be the perfect species for that particular personality.He's turned out to be a really good villager and a favorite of mine.He wears the outfits I give him and he's always pretty entertaining.I can't really ask for much more from a villager.

I never really got the hype.. his appearance gives me the vibe that he's trying too hard to look like a human, if that makes sense. I love cat villagers but Raymond seems really bland to me 😅

I didn’t have much of an opinion on Raymond except that I really liked his office home design (before HHP allowed home customisations though). However, then I met him on a mystery island tour, and he was actually very cute and sweet ”in-person”. I thought really hard about inviting him, but then decided to keep going with more tours. Overall, I think he’s cute and sweet. I like his office vibe, his home and his little waistcoat. If I was to invite a cat villager it would be Tabby or Stinky. I wouldn’t necessarily invite him to my island at the moment because there are other villagers I’d like to invite, but I think he’s cute nonetheless. 😊

With the release of his amiibo, I was able to fill a smug spot on my my main island with Raymond, mainly as a token of status, I guess. I don't have any attachment to him, and I forget he exists for the most part.

He's cute, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to have him on my island. Whenever he's brought up I think of that one meme of some person selling his flea for real cash, which always gets a hoot out of me.

EXsXc9-X0AAukRO.jpg

I had the luck of finding him on an Island, and honestly, got rid of him pretty quick. He's too "meh" for me, i totally embrace my colorful needs now (and that weird attraction to the ostrich kind i seem to have :'D)

But i totally get why some people like him, his aesthetic is really nice and on point ! (But most of his popularity was defenitly due to the fact that he had no amiibo >>> harder to get, more money at the sell )

EDIT: the flee thing i can't omg :'DDD

I don’t really have an opinion on him. I’ve never had him on my island. I think his eyes and glasses are cute. But yeah, don’t necessarily dislike him.

I used to want him in my Island when NH released, but then the appeal wore off and now he looks kind of plain and boring lol.

I personally don’t care for him. I’m admittedly not a cat person and I don’t get the hype. I’m glad his popularity died down, though.

I really like cats if you can not tell 😂 I got Raymond once when he was visiting my island campsite but I wasn’t obsessed really with him.

He is cute but I don’t really see the hype and I remember back in 2020 people were actually spending real money just to have him on their island.

I didn’t get him when he was visiting my campsite only cause my island was already full and he wanted to kick out buck which myself and @themysterybidder will agree is rude to do haha cause Buck is the best.

I think he has a very nice design for the cats, unlike Judy for the cubs.
He is a little drab in color, but I think that was chosen for him so his eyes would pop and be more noticeable and a defining feature of his. I just didn't like how many people were obsessed with him honestly. It wasn't his popularity that bothered me so much, I constantly saw pics and videos of him at the time online, and it just got old and that was what bothered me. If he showed on my island now, I would be ok with it.

He’s amazing cause he has haters. Anyone who has haters have made it. Hahaha 🤣 although he’s not one of my faves in the game, I respect that.

Not a hater here but... He's overrated. Personally i think he has a cool design but i can't seem to catch the appealing of the smug cat.

I don't find him cute or interesting, not at all. I don't understand the hype, or no, I do understand but I don't really get it and I'm not a part of it. Raymond is ok, but everyone (almost) loving him is... I don't know, too much hype kills hype. Some are cuter, some are more original... I don't know, I'm not a big fan of him and I don't have good reasons lol.

Back