• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Would you rather have rude villagers or stick with friendly villagers?

Would you want rude villagers to return or stick with friendly villagers

• Rude Villagers Should Come Back

Votes: 67 67.7%
  • Stick with Friendly Villagers

Votes: 32 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would help bring some personality back to the villagers if they were more like the gamecube version. You can't even tell what a snooty's personality is in NH. They just all blur together for me so a little spice would be nice.

i was actually going to put in my post that them being always happy is kind of creepy! its like there are suppose to be personalities?? because i dont see too much separating each personality from the other

Absolutely ! just as some have said before conflict is normal in society and we all have had bad days for sure, so i kind of miss that villagers get in some conflict ( and by conflict i dont mind that it lasts for 2 minutes lol ). I would love to have a little bit of depth to their personalities, i dont want them to be rude or mean case our friendship is low but i would like just for them to act a bit more normal or more naturally let say.

I'd like for there to be "rudeness" but not downright meanness. I think "closed-off" (shorter, one-word answers?) might be the better word to express what I'm looking for. It's nice that the villagers have a lot to say but it would be more rewarding to work some longer, more heartfelt responses out of them through consistently being kind!

I like them to be more rude like before. You really can’t tell anymore who is snooty or cranky, because everyone is just so nice.
What’s the point of different personality types of they all are the same.

Most of the times I have trouble remembering between cranky and lazy or between happy and normal.

There's really a fine line between the villager's being way too friendly or brutally rude. PG was brutal and NL/NH was just nauseously kind. If they could find a middle ground, I would love that.

I wouldn't mind them having a bit more bite... but if I have to choose between GC ones, and the current ones, I like the current ones. ACNH is my escape... when I'm in a bad mood, I don't want to deal with mean animals. The ones in GC could really infuriate me at times (granted, I was a kid back then) and I'm honestly glad they're friendlier now. Though I do agree they could use more dialogue and interactions in general- I just hope Nintendo expands on them as they are, as opposed to completely reworking their personalities.

i think Cranky and Snooty are currently a bit too nice so they can definitely behave a bit more true to their names, but definitely not to the level of game cube version. Gosh new leaf was my first AC game and i had no idea how ruthless villagers could be in the original version of the game! lol if i played that as a kid i'd be so mad at these villagers all the time i don't think id be able to enjoy the gameplay at all, so i appreciated that they dialed it down a few notches.

I liked having proper rude villagers, because it was realistic. No one is going to get along ALL the time. And it honestly just feels like the villagers in New Horizons never have any big beef with each other. Of course, you have the "I had an an argument with [ ]...can you bring them this gift to apologize" narrative...but, that's very tame compared to the full-blown disagreements we used to see between the villagers.

I think they should either bring back some rudeness or rename cranky villagers, cause I really don't know what makes them cranky at this point, because they are old? thats rude not all old people are cranky

i can deal with some rude characters but only if they can evolve their personalities, so like if i have a rude villager i would get annoyed by them after some time but if they start to show signs of kindness or slowly grow to like you based on your friendship level while still maintaining a rude type of image (kind of like a tsundere) then i would be okay with that. i just dont want them being mean to me all the time ;-;

Add them back, but instead of making everyone rude again, make rudeness a modifier to the existing personalities. Imagine having a Nice!Uchi and a Rude!Uchi in the same village. Sisterly and Big Sisterly.

Jocks would be split into the ones that bully nerds and the ones that encourage you at the gym.
Smugs? Lovable narcs or sociopaths with delusions of grandeur.
Crankies are either cantankerous old codgers or kindly, yet gruff uncle-types.
Normals are genuinely sweet girls or disingenuous and passive aggressive.

And so on...

Wow, I don't remember that amount of snark from ACGC, but then again I was a kid and all that flew over my head.

Maybe not that rude. If kids in ACNL were scared of Resetti, then this level of funny-animosity would make them poop themselves, lol.

I agree with others if they could have two variations within the personality or they begin rigid and soften up as you talk to them.

Variety is the spice of life :) It'd be nice to get some more crankiness/sass/tsundereness & I do think it comes out more in their letters.
But dialogue isn't a priority if my lazy boys are still talking about grass in the middle of winter :V

i DEFFFF want the rude villagers to come back! i was so bummed about how "nice" all of my villagers are now. i heard they used to be much crankier in older games prior to nl (which has been confirmed in this thread), so i'm not sure if i want it to go back to that or not haha

I go with both because l choose villagers by looks. But l did noticed less rudeness in NH which actually is sad because its good to have more different rude personalities in different ways.

I'd go with both. Like real life, there are a mixture of good and bad. Honestly, I would've preferred every villager to be a bit rude or a snob at first, then as we grow our friendship with them, they all become friendly towards us. I would like that kind of character development.

Back