• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Giveaway {Winners Anounced} 5000TBT Give away! In the spirit of christmas!

This is so nice of you!

Christmas 2015:

My 15 year old sister opened up her first gift, a Nintendo 3DS. I was so jealous, as I always wanted a 3DS since I was 7 (I was 11). My parents new that, and as I opened my last gift, there was my 3DS XL. In it's shiny black case. I started crying. I was ecstatic. I will never forget that Christmas.

I think my favorite Christmas memory has to be when we had gotten a new kitten, Annabelle, towards the end of November, and she was only about 2-3 months old. We put up the Christmas tree as per usual, no problems. The next morning, we were looking for Annabelle all over the house to no avail - we couldn't find her anywhere! We called and called, and finally heard a high-pitched mew from... the Christmas tree?! It turns out she had decided the boughs were a lovely place to take a nap, and was curled up in a ball towards the back of the tree, blinking at us sleepily, slightly confused at having been woken up. It was the cutest thing ever!

The next year Annabelle was obviously no longer kitten-sized, but had yet to realize that fact. She repeatedly tried to jump up into or and climb up the Christmas tree to try to take a nap there, but every time she tried, the tree would fall right over, and Annabelle with it! My mom and I laughed so hard we cried, because she just couldn't comprehend it, and kept trying! She tried climbing from the bottom, jumping from the floor, gingerly stepping on branches like a staircase, making a flying leap from the sofa... While perhaps not the brightest light bulb, she was nothing if not tenacious!

Even now, a decade later, every year she tries at least once to get into the Christmas tree, juuuuust in case, though for the most part she's now content to sleep underneath it on the Christmas tree skirt.

Woah whatnamenow that is incredibly kind & generous of you -
Thank YOU for hosting this holiday giveaway!!

It was around when I was 15-ish(?). Thinking we are all 'adults' now (and invincible lol),
a group of us decided to take our Christmas party from a friend's house to the streets.
Someone purchased some fancy looking 'fruity wine cooler' from 7/11.
Long story short I got drunk for the first time. Outside a 7/11, on the streets. On Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas + Happy Holidays To Everyone & Good Luck!! <33

Ahh, the holidays.. Just recently coming out of an abusive household, I don't have many fond memories of the holidays, except one... When my sisters managed to get my parents to let me go to their place on Christmas, and they hid presents all over their apartment for me to find. Probably one, if not THE, most calm and happy holidays I've had! :)

Thank you for holding a generous giveaway!

I think my funniest Christmas memory is when I discovered Santa wasn't real. I wasn't extremely upset, but I think I kept playing along with it so I wouldn't hurt my parents' feelings. I realized Santa wasn't real because I noticed the handwriting on the To/From: Santa tags were the same hand writing as my parents :p. I kind of got the gist, and I asked about that. They only told me Santa's elves are helpers and that's why the hand writing is the same from gifts from Santa & my parents lol

thank you so much for the giveaway omg!!!!!!!

i dont have a TON of christmas memories but a happy one i do remember is christmas 2013 was when i got my 3ds and new leaf + pokemon y! it was a really good christmas, i spent the WHOLE next day just playing ac and pokemon. i was so excited to keep playing that i woke up at like 7 am for it awhgksdgfsdh i'm still using the same copies and 3ds to this day :D

hello my christmas memory is last year when my mum said she wasnt going to do christmas and my brother was upset so on christmas eve i set up the tree and decorations and i bought everyone a present so they could still have christmas and it makes me feel happy remembering that :)
thank u for hosting this giveaway and i hope everyone has a nice holiday season i love u all <3

Wow this is really kind of you!

My favorite Christmas memory is definitely from my childhood. Me and my family would always go to my Grandparents house in California for the holidays. They lived in Northern California near the mountains so we would usually get snowed in. My favorite memories are always with my grandma, baking sugar cookies and decorating them for the holidays. There was also this famous neighbor near their house that put on this grand spectacle called “Buddy the Elf.” You would go to their house, and in their yard was a smaller tiny cabin, where Buddy “lived.” I assume now that it was just a speaker put inside the house, but you would talk to Buddy the Elf and tell him what you wanted for Christmas. As a kid we were always confused by it because it really did seem real, this mysterious voice coming from a tiny house. He was always kind of mean and picked fun at you, and I remember he always made fun of me for how short I was, but it was always a good time to go with family.

One Christmas, I remember I woke up to the biggest present I had ever received, a huge stuffed animal horse. It was at least 5 times larger than me, and I kept it for such a long time. That was probably the happiest I ever was on Christmas morning. I still have photos of me and that stuffed animal from the day I got him, they are really cute to look back on haha.

Wow. Thank you for the giveaway!

I remember back in 2012 I wanted a Wii U for Christmas, but I got a 3DS XL instead. At first I was upset, but then I loved it and played on it for years and years. Then in 2014 I actually got a Wii U for Christmas and I ended up hating it, haha.

You're super kind for doing this!

One of my favorite Christmas memories is when I was around 7-8 on Christmas eve me, my mom, and my dad watched a couple classic holiday movie's like Rudolf, and Frosty the snowman. It's the little thing's that make me happy!
Happy holidays everyone!

Thank you for the giveaway!
My favorite Christmas memory was when we got our first dog. We went over to my grandmother's house on Christmas day (as she lived across town and we did this every year) and for some reason the door which kind of seperated the front half of the house from the back was closed which it never was. Anyway we get through opening presents and I notice there's a gift tag on the door. My grandma tells me to open it and out pops and excited labradoodle. I had always wanted a dog but never really bothered my parents for one, so it was great finally getting my best friend.

This is so generous and nice!! Thank you for the giveaway and happy holidays <3

I always get super nostalgic when thinking about Christmas as a child, especially this year because it's my first Christmas away from my family. My boyfriend and I moved in together this year and we're really struggling with money, so our Christmas isn't going to be extravagant at all. As a child, I was very lucky to have a hard working dad who earned a decent income so our Christmases were always great. We would decorate our house and there were always plenty of presents for my 2 sisters and I! My favorite memories were waking up at 5am with my sister because we were so restless, we would just sit there and play with our Webkinz toys until we were allowed to wake our parents up LOL. They made a rule that we couldn't come wake them up until 7am x)
One year we were living in a really pretty house that had a sun room. We put the Christmas tree in the sun room, but that meant Christmas morning my sister and I couldn't sneak out of our rooms to look at the presents because there was a huge sliding glass door, and if we had tried to open it my parents probably would have known what we were doing since it made a pretty obvious and loud noise. ;p
Christmas definitely doesn't feel the same anymore, but I'm still grateful to be spending it with the person I love <3

i think my favorite memory will always be the Christmas i had when i was 7.
i was just a little kid ( duh i was 7 ) i was so full of happiness and joy, and when Christmas came around it was the most magical and happiest time of the year.
the Christmas tree was in the room with it's many colors and ornaments in it, i was especially fond of my 2 favorite ornaments, these were 2 baubles one with my name on it in beautiful handwriting, and the other was one that said ''baby's first Christmas'' on it.
( and i still have the one with my name, the other broke unfortunately :( )
anyway, every Christmas eve we get the gourmet set out, and ate chicken filet from it or, tiny meatballs, or frikandel ( which is still my favorite ) and have stuff like onions, cucumber, paprika, salads, and stuff with it.
was always stuffing my face with frikandel, and paprika.
after we ate we sit on the mattresses that my mother laid out on the floor in the morning, cause every Christmas eve, we'd sleep downstairs ( which i just found awesome and cozy ).
we'd usually watch some Christmas movie that was on until it was midnight.
at midnight we'd open the presents, and the present i got was my very own gameboy pocket ( a blue one ) and pokemon blue.
which was just the best gift i could ever ask for.
i was so happy, i could finally go out into the world with my very own pokemon.
i was so impatient that i didn't care what the rest got for Christmas and just started playing my game, starting with my favorite starter squirtle.
i still remember the pokemon team i had on that first play through of pokemon blue.

all that, combined is a fond memory of mine.
and i hope when i get old and my memory fades away, that this will be one of the later memories i'll lose :)

( for those who were wondering what pokemon i got in that first team, ) they were:
Pidgeot.
Raichu
Dugtrio
Snorlax
Snorlax
Blastoise
( i caught both Snorlax, and was planing on switching the weaker one ut for another pokemon that i liked, but never encountered another pokemon i really wanted )

This is such an amazing giveaway, thank you so much!

I guess my best christmas memory was last year, when my boyfriend ordered an eyeshadow palette online and got it sent to me. It was such a huge surprise, considering he was away in Canada (we live in Australia btw) for 3 months and didn't have much money at the time. I was missing him so much, and even though materialistic things aren't the same as being with the person you love, it was still so nice to get something as a reminder of him.
Before he left for Canada I actually gave him a mini scrapbook of all our memories together so far, and it was so cute watching him read it when we video-called on Christmas Day.

Well it seems like everyone is going with a happy memory so I'll post a sad one.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart I had gotten the David Gilmour record I wanted so dearly, and I also got an amiibo which was really surprising, so I was happy about that. But then the next day at like 10pm is when I busted my left patella, and proceeded to spend the next 7-8 hours in the ER. That memory still haunts me to this day, and of course affected me for the worse. The visit with my grandma started out good, but it ended up being a really sad Christmas and New Years.

Shoot that may have been too sad, sorry

ANYWAYS thanks for hosting this :D

Aww this is so generous.

Hmm...A christmas I remember most was from when I was about 9 and well, I grew I up pretty poor so we would get gifts from a charity place and I remember getting a used gameboy sp along with a used copy of pokemon red and I remember being so happy, I didn't care if it was used, I was just so happy to have the chance of having an SP especially since before I was used to just having a gameboy advance I was given used as well from my older brother and man it was annoying having to have batteries on hand for it to replace dead ones and then i could only play in the day since no light to see well at night, I didnt have one of those lil lights to attach to it either so yeah.. having an sp i had brighter screen and a charger so no more batteries and i was so happy about that lol. but yeah i dunno, i remember that one the most cause on top of being poor as a kid i was also really lonely and playing videos was an escape or like something to make me feel less lonely i guess, especially playing pokemon. it was funny to me too the timing of getting the sp cause that gameboy advance i had was not in the best shape either, like the back cover was broken and just oof... it made it hard to play comfortably.

Wow you're so nice to do this ;w;

A really good christmas memory that comes to mind is when we got my puppy Chelsey her winter booties! She was confused and didn't know how to walk in them, we put them on her and she just stumbled around not knowing what to do with her paws XD It was super cute!! She passed away a few years ago but I still hold her and that memory close!! <3

This is so generous of you! Thank you so much!

I thought for a while about what I wanted to say and then I finally realized that, out of all the many Christmas memories, there was only one Christmas that really stood out to me. It was the year my first nephew was born. My husband and I had been trying unsuccessfully to have a baby for a couple of years, and I had just accepted the fact that it wasn't going to happen for us when my sister-in-law announced her pregnancy. It was bittersweet for me because I wanted a baby of my own so badly, but the thought of being an aunt filled me with joy.

He was born right after Thanksgiving. Because my sister-in-law lived out of state, we weren't able to be there for the birth or to visit in the month that followed due to work obligations and such. I wasn't able to get any extra time off for Christmas, so I only had the company holidays of Christmas Eve and Christmas day off, and that year they fell in the middle of the week. I wanted to see my nephew so badly, that we decided to go down for Christmas anyway. We got up really early on Christmas Eve and drove the 8 hours, getting there in the early afternoon.

The first time I held my nephew, I nearly cried and I couldn't stop smiling. It was the most amazing moment. We stayed the night and during the entire evening, if he wasn't in my arms, I was staring at him. We exchanged presents Christmas morning and I got my new nephew my two favorite Dr. Seuss books, which included the Grinch Who Stole Christmas. Immediately after that, my husband and I had to leave so I could be back in time for work the next morning. He could barely tear me away from that little baby.

Just being there and holding him was the best Christmas present I have ever had. :)

this is the most loveliest christmas memory ive read!!!! it made me tear up, as hubby and ii have unsuccessfully have yet to become pregnant! and ii can relate on the exact feelings of when my sister told me she was gonna have a baby.. now ii have 2 nephews already who were born all while ii was 17/18.. bht my niece... she was the one who hit those emotions for me as ii was already in my 20s and we were ready to start our own family, and my sister wasnt @ all trying, bht my niece just now turned 6, on the 15th, and she is my BESTFRIEND!!!!!!! literally, we are so close, and holding her for the 1st time on Christmas, seeing her in her little baby outfit was absolutely THE GREATEST MOMENT for me!!!!

ANYWHO BACK TO THE SWEET CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!

Christmas memories!!! every Christmas hubby and ii go eat pancakes @ iHOP!!! @ 12AM hehe, we just get in the car, and just go..

another christmas as we had just moved into our very 1st apartment it freaken snowed!!!!!!! and it NEVER snows in Texas where we live lol, it was pretty awesome

Last edited:
Back