• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Will you abandon New Leaf?

Well?

• Total voters

Flare

Bells
Switch
7087-8935-1983
When the new Animal Crossing is released next year?

I'll definitely play it much, much less than before but overall I'll be playing it every now and then.

Last edited:
I won't abandon it.

I reckon the next AC game will require more data than I can afford.

Not a fan of online interaction.

I love NL.
It took ages to build my town.
I can't just abandon it the moment something new comes along.

It would have to be a HUGE improvement with no involvement with the mobile game for me to consider playing it.

Nah. If there's a new game, I probably won't be able to afford it, and I still enjoy New Leaf anyway

Unless the new games comes with local co-op support so I can play together with my hubby I'm sticking with New Leaf.

I'm comforted by the knowledge that I'm not the only one who probably won't be able to afford the next game. I had to skip out on Wild World and City Folk too (although I played the one on gamecube) so I'm guessing it'll be another couple of games before Ill get to try out a new one.

I'm not too bothered by it though. I'm not too sure my brain could handle being desperately addicted to two animal crossing games at once... :p

I still play Gamecube and City Folk somewhat consistently. Of course I'll keep playing New Leaf.

I'll get it when it comes out on the switch. However, I won't be giving up New Leaf anytime soon. The only way I could give up my current town is if all my villagers I currently have are also in my town in the new game.

I take my 2ds xl with me and play it at work and the switch is too big for me to carry around, so I think I would still be able to give New Leaf the time it deserves.

A Switch version will become my main game, but I always keep my old towns going and play them when I'm in the mood. I was just playing the GameCube version this afternoon.

it depends on how good the new game is,
if it's something like the amiibo festival ( basically trash) then yeah hard pass, & I'll continue to play new leaf
+ I haven't had new leaf for that long so

no, I just bought older games so I doubt it. I would play the new animal crossing game if it was a huge improvement, and a lot more features with no annoying stuff, then maybe

Last edited:
I could never truly give up AC:NL. It's special to me and always will be. I'll probably still be checking up on my villagers when I'm 85 and in a nursing home.

Nah. I started out playing AC:GCN back in January 2008; keep in mind City Folk was released in November 2008. When that game was released, I got it January 2009 and played it a lot, but I never stopped playing the original. I did, however pretty much stop playing Wild World.

Then when New Leaf was released, I still played AC:GCN and City Folk quite a bit, though the latter I drifted away from since it barely worked in my Wii and my Wii had many problems in and of itself. Plus the grass recession really irritated me in that game.
I think if a new game is released on the Switch, I'll still play AC:GCN and New Leaf, though not as much. Honestly if it's as good as I think it'll be, I might drift away from New Leaf like i did with City Folk, though not for the same reason.

But I can never stop playing AC:GCN. :,)

It depends on how amazing the new game is. It has to be better than New Leaf for me to even get it cause I don't have a switch nor do I want one so it'll be a big investment for me.

I may not play it as often because all I really do in NL is design my towns and houses, although I'm wanting to use NL to create films, but maybe the newer version will let me be more creative with that aspect. But honestly, imo, I don't think NL can compare to another game. It is unique as far as graphics and features, although it is lacking in pwps, but still. Either way I'm sure I'd come back to it. I'm already wanting to play WW again lol.

Yes and no. I'll always enjoy New Leaf, so I don't think I'll leave it behind, but I don't own a Nintendo Switch anyways.

i have not been playing acnl actively for like almost 2 years or something, but im back at it again hehe i've spent too much time getting rare items, bells, villagers, and arraning my town and designing rooms to just abandon it when a new one comes out

but yeah as some have said, if the changes arent that many or useful then nah maybe wont get it right away. probs just gonna wait for a secondhand one for a cheaper price

I mean I'll drop however much the AC game for the Switch will be (at least I'm assuming there will be an AC game for the switch..) but I wouldn't abandon new leaf. Since New Leaf is still so big and whatnot. Like I'm sure there will be a ton of people who'll stay behind, and as long as they don't shut down the nintnendo wifi thing for 3DS's (which I don't believe they'll do anytime soon) I probably will continue to use NL regularly as well.

Since I can't afford a Switch right now and I'm not sure when I can/will buy one, I will still play New Leaf.
I guess I will play not so much anymore once I have a Switch and spend more time with the new AC game,
but I wouldn't abandon NL completly. I would still keep an eye on it.

I don't think I'd abandon it, maybe just end up playing less if I got very hooked on the new game. Though at the same time I didn't get as attached to Pokemon Moon as I did to Pokemon X, so it's hard to say for sure. One thing I think I can say for sure though: if the new game is going to be for another console, then I definitely won't even have the money for it!

Back