Will being able to place villager buildings affect your amount of "dreamies"?

• Total voters

Flyffel

Squirtle Squad
Bells
Stardust Easter Egg
Aurora Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Aurora Easter Egg
Stardust Easter Egg
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky
Aurora Sky

I think that I will actually keep 1-2 "open slots" to experience different villagers since I don't have to worry about plot resetting anymore every time a villager moves in.

This way I can try to get their pictures if I want and/or let them move out for fresh faces whenever they want to move out while still keeping a lot of my favourite villagers on my island. :0

Last edited:
I don't want to focus too much seeing my favorite faces. I feel it makes it harder to attach to other villagers. I sometimes find I actually start liking a villager more after having seen and spoken to them for a while. I want to let the concept of dreamies go a bit and just enjoy myself. I may eventually start moving in my dreamies if I haven't really found a connection with any other residents.

I've never had a pre-set group of villagers/dreamies for my main town, although I have found specific types of villagers for themed towns. I wont be making any theme this time around so I like the idea of just letting anyone come in freely. After a while I will probably settle on a group of villagers I like and wish to keep but have a free spot or two, like you said, available for randoms to move in and out! I love having reserved spots now as well as being able to pick any villager's house plot.

I think it will be fun to try to get to know other villagers in NH. Maybe a once overlooked villager will become my best pal this time around!

Honestly a big reason why I went with dreamies in NL in the first place was that it was a huge pain to get my town in shape every time someone moved it (I had a very specific layout, plot resetting took placing random PWPs in stupid spots and possibly hours of resetting). And if you have to keep your villagers you might as well get those you like the best...

I think I'm going to stick to what I did in my NL town, which is not having set dreamies but a larger pool of villages I'm okay with getting based on their appearance and house colors. Like, as cute as Stitches is, I don't want to have him move in and ruin my aesthetic, lol.

i will be trying to move in whitney via her card (i only have her and ozzy lmao) and im hoping at some point i can get a few dreamies off here but im all down for having people move in, i love meeting new people and im generally happy with most villagers. however, if rodney tries to come in i will burn his house down.

I have favourite villagers for sure, but I actually like that villagers move in and out regularly. So I will try to have some spots open for random villagers. And I also like to have one villager of each personality in my town.

Not having them ruin my town when they move in is one of favorite features of the game and it makes me feel so much better to have revolving villagers.

Yeah I just want the 3 octopi (maybe we will get more??) And leave the rest up to chance. I have all the cards so it is tempting to make an all dreamie town, but I like meeting everyone and relaxing about it.
I might add Marshal, Fauna, or other deer after a while, but still leaving a spot or two so would be nice.

i want to let random villagers move in and out but yeah i'll keep a spot or two free if we can do that. finding villagers on those random islands seems like a fun way to extend gameplay so i don't want to max out my town with my favs right away

Ugh. I have no idea. Might depends on how hard it is to get villagers back once you let them move out. Like in New Leaf you had to cycle a certain amount of villagers because you could get the same one back if you wanted them to move back in. SOOOO ANNOYING. There are more certain villagers I love that I will probably want again but I also wanna experience villagers I have never had before that might become a dreamie. So to do that I might half and half it. How many ever we are aloud, half will be dreamies, and half will be randoms. We will see how it goes.

I'm so sorry my brain's so full, I don't understand the question?
Why would placing their houses affect anything? I'm so stupid, I really can't understand... ₍ᐢ⸝⸝? ‸ ?⸝⸝ᐢ₎
I just have a set of dreamies and I want to meet as many villagers as possible before I settle down with them all to achieve my perfect island! ⁽⁽٩(๑˃̶͈̀ ᗨ ˂̶͈́)۶⁾⁾
Like others, I may fall in love with some other villagers since they all look amazing! I'm actually quite taken with Axel at the moment! He looks so amazing in NH!!! ෆ⃛꒰❛⃘︎ ˇ ❜⃘⃘︎๑̀꒱୨୧*.
All the villagers are looking how they were intended to look and it's making me fall in love with ones I'd overlooked in the past! It's going to be so hard ฅ(ٱ٥ٱฅ)

Why would placing their houses affect anything? I'm so stupid, I really can't understand...

Agree, which is why I'm upset there is not option to vote "no". All the poll options are really coursed and odd.

Last edited:
nah, i still have 10 villagers that i really want lol

if we were allowed more than 10 villagers then i?d love to keep a spot or two open aha

I don't care who's in my town. I'll place houses wherever I feel they're good. I've never tried to fill a town with specific characters. The game feels more natural that way. If I end up really liking the character I'll try and keep them around but otherwise once I have their photo I'm a little okay with seeing them go. Things get stale if I have everything rigidly set up.

The only one I really care about having is Robin. Everyone else can be random and I'd be happy - I'd also get to experience new villagers :)

Why would placing their houses affect anything? I'm so stupid, I really can't understand... ₍ᐢ⸝⸝› ‸ ‹⸝⸝ᐢ₎
I just have a set of dreamies and I want to meet as many villagers as possible before I settle down with them all to achieve my perfect island! ⁽⁽٩(๑˃̶͈̀ ᗨ ˂̶͈́)۶⁾⁾
Like others, I may fall in love with some other villagers since they all look amazing! I'm actually quite taken with Axel at the moment! He looks so amazing in NH!!! ෆ⃛꒰❛⃘︎ ˇ ❜⃘⃘︎๑̀꒱୨୧*.
All the villagers are looking how they were intended to look and it's making me fall in love with ones I'd overlooked in the past! It's going to be so hard ฅ(ٱ٥ٱฅ)

Hehe, I don't fully understand it either.

Being able to place them where we want. How does that affect moving in who we want?

I'm going to amiibo in who I want, and move them where I want. :)

I was going to try a mix of villagers. See how they interact. I love certain villagers like everyone does but I don't constantly want them around. Love to change it up.

Back