• The closing ceremony for our Lunar New Year event has been posted! View the winning entries in the thread here. Thanks for joining us for this new TBT event. Be on the lookout for our next brand-new event, which will bid farewell to Animal Crossing: New Leaf online, coming soon!

Wii Party!

BeatlesFan789

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Posts
381
Bells
36
Dragon Tokens
0
Switch
2417-2805-0314
Is anyone getting Wii Party? It's like the Mario Party series, but hey, it looks like a future hit! I want it and I'll probably get it. It looks fun!
 
No. You are now aware that all the Wii __________ titles are glorified tech demos.
 
-Aaron said:
No. You are now aware that all the Wii __________ titles are glorified tech demos.
That is completely untrue. >_>

And yes, I will be getting it.
 
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
No. You are now aware that all the Wii __________ titles are glorified tech demos.
That is completely untrue. >_>

And yes, I will be getting it.
Then how do you explain that almost all of them is bundled with a device?
 
-Aaron said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
No. You are now aware that all the Wii __________ titles are glorified tech demos.
That is completely untrue. >_>

And yes, I will be getting it.
Then how do you explain that almost all of them is bundled with a device?
What does that have to do with anything?
 
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
No. You are now aware that all the Wii __________ titles are glorified tech demos.
That is completely untrue. >_>

And yes, I will be getting it.
Then how do you explain that almost all of them is bundled with a device?
What does that have to do with anything?
Because it's a simple marketing technique by giving motivation with a lame peripheral. I honestly think that the Wii has the most attachments to it than any other console.
 
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
No. You are now aware that all the Wii __________ titles are glorified tech demos.
That is completely untrue. >_>

And yes, I will be getting it.
Then how do you explain that almost all of them is bundled with a device?
What does that have to do with anything?
Wii Sports: Let's have the consumers have a taste of what the Wii can do in terms of motion technology.

Wii Sports Resort: Let's put a game where players can test our new motion sensing device.

Wii Fit: Let's see how the new balance board does.

Wii Fit Plus: Looks like the balance board can do different things. Let's see what other things it can do.

Wii Play: Alright, the Wii can handle turn-based gameplay properly. We'll add in an extra remote and see how it handles simultaneous gameplay.
 
solgineer said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Then how do you explain that almost all of them is bundled with a device?
What does that have to do with anything?
Because it's a simple marketing technique by giving motivation with a lame peripheral. I honestly think that the Wii has the most attachments to it than any other console.
Nintendo doesn't make new peripherals just to rake in money, they do it to create a richer gameplay experience. Let's take a look at the Wii series games that come bundled with peripherals...

Wii Sports: It doesn't come bundled with anything, but the Wii comes bundled with it (outside Japan, that is). Obviously, this is so you can play Wii without having to buy another game right away.

Wii Play: Comes with an extra Wii Remote, because the game focuses on multiplayer.

Wii Fit: Comes with the Wii Balance Board because...well, that's what the game's all about. The Wii Balance Board added another dimension of input, opening up new ways to play games.

Wii Sports Resort: Comes with Wii Motion Plus because, like Wii Fit introduced the Balance Board, Wii Sports Resort introduced Wii Motion Plus, greatly enhancing the Wii's motion control experience.

Wii Fit Plus: See Wii Fit.

Wii Party: See Wii Play.


I can understand how the extra Wii Remote included with Wii Play and Wii Party could be seen as added incentive to purchase the game (though it's a great deal, so what is there to complain about?), but suggesting that the Wii Balance Board and Wii Motion Plus are bundled with Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort purely as a marketing technique is ridiculous.
 
Seriously it looks like Wii Party will be popular. They already are selling it at importer stores which I don't go to.
 
-Aaron said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Then how do you explain that almost all of them is bundled with a device?
What does that have to do with anything?
Wii Sports: Let's have the consumers have a taste of what the Wii can do in terms of motion technology.

Wii Sports Resort: Let's put a game where players can test our new motion sensing device.

Wii Fit: Let's see how the new balance board does.

Wii Fit Plus: Looks like the balance board can do different things. Let's see what other things it can do.

Wii Play: Alright, the Wii can handle turn-based gameplay properly. We'll add in an extra remote and see how it handles simultaneous gameplay.
Your way of thinking is backwards. Miyamoto didn't make Wii Fit and say "hey, I bet this would sell better if we include some sort of peripheral with it". No, he created the Balance Board and Wii Fit together because he wanted to make a game that measured your weight and balance, and creating the Balance Board was necessary for such a game. The same goes for Wii Motion Plus; it was created to expand on the Wii's motion controls and give another dimension of input to games, not just to be an incentive to buy Wii Sports Resort.
 
>mfw reading that
x80OC.jpg


And 3/4 of them are still useless aside from those games.
 
solgineer said:
>mfw reading that
x80OC.jpg


And 3/4 of them are still useless aside from those games.
The Wii Balance Board and Wii Motion Plus have many uses outside of Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort... And even if that wasn't the case, Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort make full use of them, so what is there to complain about?
 
Tyeforce said:
solgineer said:
>mfw reading that
x80OC.jpg


And 3/4 of them are still useless aside from those games.
The Wii Balance Board and Wii Motion Plus have many uses outside of Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort... And even if that wasn't the case, Wii Fit and Wii Sports Resort make full use of them, so what is there to complain about?
Having things laying around I'll never use again outside of that game.
I even tried to sell my WiiSpeak to a local game store and they would only buy it for 10 cents because even they know nobody would buy it.
 
What. Are you sure it's not your way of thinking that's backwards? Not once did I imply in my post that they created the Motion Plus so consumers can have incentive to buy Sports Resort.
 
-Aaron said:
What. Are you sure it's not your way of thinking that's backwards? Not once did I imply in my post that they created the Motion Plus so consumers can have incentive to buy Sports Resort.
Then what were you implying?
 
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
What. Are you sure it's not your way of thinking that's backwards? Not once did I imply in my post that they created the Motion Plus so consumers can have incentive to buy Sports Resort.
Then what were you implying?
going to go out on a limb and say the exact opposite.

that wii sports resort was made as a tech demo for the motion plus.

also, yoshi touch & go = oh god what, this is the whole game?
 
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
What. Are you sure it's not your way of thinking that's backwards? Not once did I imply in my post that they created the Motion Plus so consumers can have incentive to buy Sports Resort.
Then what were you implying?
going to go out on a limb and say the exact opposite.

that wii sports resort was made as a tech demo for the motion plus.

also, yoshi touch & go = oh god what, this is the whole game?
They're far from "tech demos", and it should be obvious enough that I don't even have to begin to explain why. Just because they introduced a new peripheral doesn't mean that they're "tech demos".
 
Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
-Aaron said:
What. Are you sure it's not your way of thinking that's backwards? Not once did I imply in my post that they created the Motion Plus so consumers can have incentive to buy Sports Resort.
Then what were you implying?
going to go out on a limb and say the exact opposite.

that wii sports resort was made as a tech demo for the motion plus.

also, yoshi touch & go = oh god what, this is the whole game?
They're far from "tech demos", and it should be obvious enough that I don't even have to begin to explain why. Just because they introduced a new peripheral doesn't mean that they're "tech demos".
yoshi's touch and go is borderline tech demo.

the game was shown as a tech demo at e3 when the ds was unveiled, IIRC.

add in three other modes of scoring, and you've got a game.
 
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
going to go out on a limb and say the exact opposite.

that wii sports resort was made as a tech demo for the motion plus.

also, yoshi touch & go = oh god what, this is the whole game?
They're far from "tech demos", and it should be obvious enough that I don't even have to begin to explain why. Just because they introduced a new peripheral doesn't mean that they're "tech demos".
yoshi's touch and go is borderline tech demo.

the game was shown as a tech demo at e3 when the ds was unveiled, IIRC.

add in three other modes of scoring, and you've got a game.
We weren't talking about Yoshi Touch & Go, we were talking about the Wii series... And I can't say anything about Yoshi Touch & Go, because I haven't played it.
 
Back
Top