• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Why, that ungrateful-!

kwark

Bells
You know those villagers, right? You give them something they want and a few days they want to replace that EXACT same item!

Quite annoying. There is just NO pleasing them!

Last edited:
My villagers tried to sell me the items they got for Christmas.. So they can go fall off a cliff. -__-

Shep just did that to me yesterday. I also hate when I go into Re-Tail and see a rare or DLC item that I had given them. You were supposed to cherish it! :(

Haha my villagers will always give me items and then I'll mail it back to them and they usually respond with a letter and a nice present claiming that my gift to them was "their style"

Or like when your villager makes a request and when you approach them to give them the item they start out with something to the effect of "you again!"....really? I'll scarf this perfect pear in front of your face then!!! :p

"Santa, OMG, I love my new present! I'll treasure it 5EVER!!"
Next day.
"Sure, you can buy it for say...72 bells?"

Yes, it happened. Now if only they'd care less about those other items you just can't seem to get rid of.

"ERMAGHERD, that's my favorite lamp! I could never sell!" But they sell the bed they sleep in. And I've had them change shirts upon delivery of a new one, after which they promptly gave me the old shirt with the comment, "Hey, it's still warm for you!"

I know. Lopez is the rebel kid in my town, he won't wear anything that I send to him "whatev i do wat a want"

Hah They do this to me too. I give Keaton lots of rare beach stuff only to have him not even display it in his house!

Once, Kitt asked for food for Christmas because she wanted to give it to someone who needs it. Well, come Christmas, I hand her a peach out of the magic santa bag and a few days later, she ended up giving me the peach. Gee, thanks Kitt....

Right? I gave Phil a nice museum chair and then the next day he put it up for sale in retail. Then had the nerve the next day to ask for new furniture. I said no.

Right? I gave Phil a nice museum chair and then the next day he put it up for sale in retail. Then had the nerve the next day to ask for new furniture. I said no.

This reminds me of Keaton. He asked me for this one item I had and I gave it to him. The next day, he said it clashed with his house and wanted me to replace it so I gave him a sleek stereo.

A couple weeks later he said his sleek stereo clashed with his house and he wanted it replaced. >.> I gave him a hula doll because it matched with his beach furniture and guess what his reward was. THAT VERY SAME SLEEK STEREO!

I love Keaton but sometimes he can be SO PICKY!

When the mayor tries to redecorate your house, just go with it. They know what's best. Obviously, since you sold your bed and replaced it with fish and shirts.

Lol, this actually makes me annoyed. xD
I'll give Sydney what she asks me for and she goes on about how she will never forget it, how great our friendship is, and then not even two days later: "Heyyy, I'm looking to replace my ... "

Why. T_______T

I know. Sometimes I absolutely cringe at my villagers interior decorating skills.

"Oh, I want to replace [insert ugly-looking fish/bug here] with something nice!"

*gives them a lovely piece of furniture to replace it with*

A day later it's either: "I want to replace [thing I JUST gave you], want to buy [thing I JUST gave you]?" or it's in Re-Tail. I buy it and mail it back to them and they place it back in their house. Then they ask me to catch them a bug/fish. I do that and they replace the furniture with THAT UGLY BUG/FISH. Frustrating, just plain frustrating.

Keaton better NOT try to sell me the hula doll or put it in retail! If he does, I'll take it back, but on the inside, I will just be like WHYYYYYYY

Freya asked for a new large item for her house the other day, and I was like "YES, I CAN GIVE HER A LOVELY BED." So, I went through all the trouble of customizing it (I was honestly about to go to sleep & I was so tired so it felt like a lot lmao) and gave it to her. She seemed happy and was like "Ohh, there's even a custom design on it!!"
I was happy. Everything was well.
The next day it was in Re-Tail.

They LIE about it too!! The other day Muffy asked for a new piece of furniture to put on top of her table. So I gave her moth orchid (white flower tht kinda looks like Jacob ladder), I think. Anyways, she said it was gonna be perfect for her room and she was so happy. Next day, I log on my side character, Muffy pings me and say "hey, so whenever I see [things I gave her], I end up buying them and I have too many now, blah blah. Do you wanna buy it for &$)@ bells??" I'm like, um, no, the mayor gave that to you, you didn't buy them!! Don't lie to me, I know things XD

Freya asked for a new large item for her house the other day, and I was like "YES, I CAN GIVE HER A LOVELY BED." So, I went through all the trouble of customizing it (I was honestly about to go to sleep & I was so tired so it felt like a lot lmao) and gave it to her. She seemed happy and was like "Ohh, there's even a custom design on it!!"
I was happy. Everything was well.
The next day it was in Re-Tail.

I didn't know you're able to give villagers stuff with custom designs on it!

Yes! It also brings their friendship up a little more than when you just give them a regular item, I believe!

Cool! I thought it was just regular furniture and regular-refurbished stuff (the red leaves) I'll have to try it for myself sometime!

I would love to give Portia a custom made classic bed with my rainbow pattern on it.

I tried mailing a similar thing to another animal, and that's when I discovered you can't mail custom designs (yellow leaves)

I never thought of waiting for them to ask you for a piece of furniture.

Last edited:
Back