• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Why dont you like THAT villager?

Naomi is an enemy because I saw her multiple times every single time I went to villager hunt. But every time she also stood out so hard on the island and I knew right away and got annoyed.

I absolutely hate Elise not just for being ugly but for making the reputation of monkeys worse. I think they’re underrated already and she’s so bad. Not even like one of the worst it’s just personal. I also encountered her a lot on mystery islands.

Every time I’ve had Penelope she’s just been annoying. I also feel the same thing with mice and monkeys, mice deserve better than her. I don’t even think she’s the ugliest mouse (that dishonor goes to Candi for sure), but she’s the one I had the most personal history with.

I’m not a Jambette fan but I would just forget about her except… people like Jambette more than Diva apparently? Which absolutely baffles me, Diva is a queen. But then I see people call Diva ugly a lot while saying Jambette is fine or funny? Jambette really overdoes it and doesn’t have interesting expressions imo, Diva is genuinely awesome, sweet, has cool colors, etc. I guess I’m petty enough to hate Jambette for feeling like she’s overrated, or something. Otherwise, and if people gave Diva more credit, Jambette would have just fallen into the background as one of those “joke is bad, they’re just bad” villagers.

I don’t dislike him, but I definitely feel much much more meh about Sherb as well due to his popularity. The fanart makes him look way better than he is ingame, he looks kinda boring there. And while not a Jambette situation, some other goats get overlooked. I used to hate Judy for being everywhere and the eyes before I have her a chance and now I think she’s ok although still not for me. I don’t hate villagers just for being popular, I always liked Raymond, I always loved Zucker, I loved Marshal during NL and before I knew he was popular and still love him.

Never had him but Prince is creepy. I wouldn’t say that about many villagers.

Boyd upsets me because I always think of Psychonauts when I hear the name Boyd and he seems like a pretty awful villager for me.

In the past people used to hate villagers for how they treated the player in the game but now because their personalities died is more about looks and small events that might happen not related to their dialog. Which I want to make clear is fine since NW doesn't have much in terms of villager personality in it so it's only natural.
I have to admit I felt that change on me as I disliked Egbert, Bonbon and Rio for game reason in the old games and now I dislike Sasha for looks alone.
I only dare to say I dislike Sasha here because I know how popular he is but my reason is pastel colors and overly cuteness. Sasha is the combination of everything I dislike in a design which is purely my taste as I agree he is well designed. The type of villager I like are design like Muffy or Marlo so you can get a perspective. Since I love jocks I was glad he wasn't made a jock as many were predicting and it fits that he is a lazy villager since they are my "rivals". Me and lazy villagers don't get along ever since Ebgert when I played my first game Wild world.
Also I admit I'm always cautious to jump on the popular train even if I like the villager. For example I like Raymond but I would not admit it to you two years ago so yeah if a villager becomes popular it loses points as I start to see it everywhere and it becomes boring in my opinion seeing the same animal over and over. I am not proud of disliking popular villager and it would make my life easier to connect with more people but it's a phase I go through. I had Raymond last year on my island and it helped me appreciate him a lot more since I used to dislike him because "popular". Raymond however fits right in the type of design I like plus he is smug which helps so I don't know about Sasha. I don't think I will ever like Sasha even if he moved in because the pastel color are just not for me plus the lazy personality but I kinda want him to move in one day so my character and him could have a rivalry going on.

From my first island it was Monique, Eugene and T-Bone. I wanted them to leave at the same time but due to the 15(+) day cool off, I couldn't. Monique was too snobbish to me, Eugene was usually rude and insulting to me and my favorite villager, Ursula. T-Bone was just plain rude and displeasing no matter how many times I complained to Isabelle. For my new island, right now it's Stella. She's done nothing wrong but I have too many normal villagers and she is one of the few who has been at my island the longest. She hasn't left as of now but I'm slowing giving up hope she will. She's fooled me 3 times with thought bubbles but she just wanted me to take her junk off her hands.

i REALLY don't like stinky and lucha. i'd love to see a luchador villager !! those two are just so poorly designed compared to every other villager tbh. that and lucha was my first campsite villager, the one you can't turn away :")

My personal enemies in Animal Crossing are Grizzly and Beardo. Grizzly was in my New Leaf town and I absolutely hated him, I thought he was mean, and was thrilled when he moved out. Beardo was one of my first villagers in New Horizons and I thought he was creepy. Kicked him out with an amiibo card as soon as I could! There's a ton of villagers I do not like because I think they're downright ugly, but these two are my personal enemies because I've had the unfortunate experience of interacting with them myself.

I wouldn't say I hate him since I did keep him around for a while... but Chadder and his cheese holes... makes me uncomfortable...

I have a few Villagers that I completely loathe and refuse to allow to even visit my Island. I even made a list of Banned Villagers.

They are:
Beardo- I hate his ugly face
Al- Same reason as above
Vladimir- I find him to be annoying
Blanche- She was extremely rude to me in New Leaf
Wart Jr- He was extremely rude to me in Wild World the very first time I talked to him (He told me to go away even though I had just started a new game)
Goose- I HATE this jerk the most! He refused to leave my Town in New Leaf and after an entire year of trying to force him to leave, my all time favorite Villager moved out because of him and I finally lost it and deleted my entire save which I spent four years making my Town just right and even had enough Bells to buy and own the Crown and Royal Crown.
Prince- Currently stuck with him. He’s the newest addition to the list. I didn’t know he had existed and he moved in uninvited. As soon as I saw his face, I hated him because of it.

Marshall. I’m not a fan of the squirrel villagers in general but I always thought he had such a boring design compared to some of the others. And the lack of nose bugs me.

For the longest time it has been Truffles. Originally in my WW town I had Peanut (who was my favourite villager in the series at the time) but after a break from the game I returned to find she’d been replaced by Truffles who proceeded to never move out - sure if I loaded the game back up she’d still be haunting it - and I’ve loathed her ever since.

More recently I’ve added Boone to the list, for some reason I particularly dislike the gorilla villagers and then I found out he was my birthday twin which just made him seem even worse.

Wart Jr. That guy is a jerk, didn't get along with my favourite villagers (Celia and Boomer at the time) when I had him in City Folk, and I just hate his design and personality.

Would be totally fine if he never makes into any new Animal Crossing games from now on. I was pretty young, and I didn't understand how the whole move in/kick out villagers thing worked, so ended up TTing a fair bit (for other reasons) and was overjoyed when he FINALLY decided to move out. It's a shame because I find a lot of the frog characters pretty lacking honestly.

I have beef with Olaf. He was my first campsite villager and was just the most obnoxious and annoying villager ever. It took forever for him to move away. Granted, the black whirlpool in his house is classy and he looks absolutely hilarious with a monocle.

Ok, so… 😂 Back when the Sanrio amiibos came out I really wanted to move Chai in. I i had imagined her and Merengue having a really cute joint bakery/café and I had it all planned out. I moved her in and at first all was fine, but then when I started to build things, she was ALWAYS IN THE WAY. Like, home gorl would come out of nowhere whenever I was waterscaping or doing construction and she would just sit wherever or stand RIGHT where I was building cliffs and man o man would that make me angry. Now I am well aware that they aaalllll do that, okay? But for some reason she would do it every single time and of course I would have to push her away. I swear I remember the first time I shoved her softly, she immediately got so upset! And I’m like WTH GET OUT THE WAY THEN!!! After that for some reason she just got on my nerves so much until I finally scrapped the café idea and moved Marty in 😂😂 It doesn’t make sense but now every time I see her I just feel this intense disdain. Fun times, fun times…

Back