• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Why dont you like THAT villager?

Moritz

Bells
Tasty Cake
We all have our irrational hatred for certain villagers.

Who is yours and why?

Mine is Molly.

Shes.. fine I guess.
Just super generic. The sort of thing you would see on a picture book for toddlers.
Just generic and boring.

I probably would have taken 1 look at her and never thought of her again.

Yet every youtube villager hunt I see has someone gushing over her.
I see posts online about how amazing she is.
She tops charts.
I visit dreams and she's nearly always there.

Shes a boring duck.
One of the most boring villagers in the whole game.

In the end it just made me sick of seeing her as she's just so incredibly boring yet she's praised as if she's the second coming.

For a long time, it was Violet for me. She plonked her butt down in my New Leaf game, and ruined a patch of flowers I had there. She was overly snobby towards me (fair play to them for nailing that personality, I guess), and then refused to leave. Since they've toned down the snobby personality though, I haven't really hated her like I did before. But I'd still rather not see her.

I don't think there are any other villagers I dislike. There are, however, some I feel that are massively overrated, although I do still like them.

She plonked her butt down in my New Leaf game, and ruined a patch of flowers I had there
This is one of 2 reasons I can't play new leaf any more.
That and the low inventory space where you have to manually stack things.

Its crazy how you can breed blue roses, and then instantly have them taken away by a villager randomly moving in on top of them.

One of the best changes new horizons did to the series.

I dislike Marina. Hate is a strong word for virtual pixels on a screen, but I do have a strong distaste for her. I don’t like the octopi villagers too much. She shares a name with this person that bullied me in school. This villager brings back memories of that.

Naomi. Probably the worst makeup, color scheme and design on a villager. I know there are villagers that have eye-straining color schemes, such as Fuchsia, Pango, or Claudia, but I can tolerate their designs. But I just couldn't look at Naomi long enough.

There's also Jitters and Sparro who look like they haven't slept in years. The dark circles on their eyes is kinda off-putting.

And speaking of eyes, Iggly's is just... Iggly.

I don't hate them. I just don't like their designs.

Ursala, she was one of my starter villagers on my first island. Loved Buck, hated Ursala. The final straw was one day she invited me over to her house and I said yes. However, she would not let me out of her house for about 10 minutes even after we had finished a game of High Card, Low Card. After that, she was evicted.

Ugh there’s so many uggos for me, Judy while her color scheme is adorable her eyes are awful and terrifying.

Bella looks like she will look through your phone while you sleep and then later set your car on fire… girl looks unhinged.

Rasher is awful and his personality is just too much with his appearance.

Prince is the ugliest frog i’ve ever laid eyes on.

Cashmere looks sick and looks like she needs so many antibiotics.

Chow.
When i was a kid i used to play Animal Crossing City Folk A LOT. I used to have Chow and find him really creepy.
3CB816C2-E500-4329-B6F7-C9CD220223F8.png

I find villagers with facial hair kinda unsettling for some reason. Coach, Limberg, Vic ugh…

Hazel.
Back in ACGC, Sally was named Hazel. She was one of my favorite villagers, so in NL when I saw a house plot for Hazel, I was excited. I was going to see my girl again.

Instead, I got unibrow uchi Hazel. She isn't a horrible villager, but I've never forgiven her for not being my Hazel.

Phil was my first forced campsite villager, and it took me a day or two to realise i did in fact *have* to invite him to stay. that combined with his refusal to move out means i will never forgive him lmao
other than that, i can't think of other hated villagers off the top of my head but i'm sure i have a history with a few others lol

Wendy…she moved on top of one of my hedges and all the flowers on the opposite side of it. It was one of my favorite areas in my developing town, so now I’m working on kicking her out

Beardo. He's creepy and the way his "belly" fur is placed, it looks like another type of hair just out and about for everyone to be traumatized by 🤢 To me he just comes across as a creepy middle-aged man. Dialogue that's cute or funny coming from other smug villagers like Raymond gives me bad vibes when they come from Beardo. I think he's just ugly in general with the bald head and weird curly sideburns. He's basically the only villager I hate like this. Most others are tolerable, but not him.

Hippeaux. He was my first campsite villager and apparently I had to take him in.
Moved him to the southern most part of the island so he would be stuck on the top level and I wouldn’t have to see his ugly smug face. He looks like those ugly rich kids in movies and I want to kick his kneecaps

Hippeaux. He was my first campsite villager and apparently I had to take him in.
Moved him to the southern most part of the island so he would be stuck on the top level and I wouldn’t have to see his ugly smug face. He looks like those ugly rich kids in movies and I want to kick his kneecaps
This made me remember that I got both Beardo and Hippeaux as random move ins in New Leaf. They were my first introduction to smugs and I really disliked smug villagers for a long time because of them. Cannot think of a worse villager combination than Beardo and Hippeaux actually 😬

Rocket, and solely because she's uggo. Seriously, her head looks like the top of a banana. I don't like ANY of the gorillas if I'm gonna be honest with you.
I find villagers with facial hair kinda unsettling for some reason. Coach, Limberg, Vic ugh…
It IS unnerving, and it's probably because of the fact that they're animals and already have fur. It doesn't make sense that they would have facial hair, but neckbeard bear made it as an animal crossing character anyway LOL

Molly is my favorite female villager in the game. I find her down to earth, sweet, and soulful.

Two villagers—one male; one female—I do not like are Ed and Velma.

I came across someone, who when considering likes and dislikes, mentioned that what draws (or repels) us in are the looks of the villagers. That is not a bad theory. But, I think it ends up being whatever we make of it. That is…each game-player ends up deciding for himself/herself. And this includes: villagers.

Back