• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why did they have to put this back in the game?

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Bells
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
There are so many things people wanted brought back and they bring back the most annoying thing they can. The villager randomly coming over/chasing us down to ask us to come over or to visit our house. I'm to the point of not talking to my villagers when they chase me cause it's all they ever say anymore and I hate even walking into my house for a second cause I know someone will show up. At minimum they should(and should've already) made work arounds for this. As others have said a way to lock the door so they can't barge in would do. Or how about we can complain to Isabelle about this and she'll make them stop(like when you complain about their clothes or catchphrase). I really hope if they even bother to do another small update(as they have said would be all they would do) they will come up with something to "fix" this for those of us who are sick of it. I know I am.

There are so many things people wanted brought back and they bring back the most annoying thing they can. The villager randomly coming over/chasing us down to ask us to come over or to visit our house. I'm to the point of not talking to my villagers when they chase me cause it's all they ever say anymore and I hate even walking into my house for a second cause I know someone will show up. At minimum they should(and should've already) made work arounds for this. As others have said a way to lock the door so they can't barge in would do. Or how about we can complain to Isabelle about this and she'll make them stop(like when you complain about their clothes or catchphrase). I really hope if they even bother to do another small update(as they have said would be all they would do) they will come up with something to "fix" this for those of us who are sick of it. I know I am.
Yeah it does seem annoying because I talked about this in a different thread but I'll say this. Its funny I remember people not really liking the schedule system from New Leaf, but to be fair it wasn't perfect either. Like this happened to me when I played New Leaf. Lucky told me he wanted to come visit my home around 12:30 PM and then I went inside and then I waited for a while for like 5 minutes and he never showed up. Then I confronted him walking around and he admits that he forgot and he was "too busy snacking" I think thats what he siad.

So at the time it wasn't perfect some villagers don't show up to the right time and it wasn't always accurate. Then again on this game its hard to tell weather or not your villager appears at your home. From what I understand it has something to do with the friendship you have with your villager. If its high then you have a chance of that happening but its low then I don't see them entering your home.

Although the other day Ione ran up to me and said she wanted to see my home and to be fair this happened a week go before I got her photo so I can safely say that the villagers who come into your home are the ones who have high friendship. So the only way to fix this is to kick out villagers who you have a high friendship with and replace them with lower friendships so they don't pester you into your home, but yeah I will agree that Nintendo should fix this because it can be annoying whenever you're trying to decorate your home and they just show up unexpected.

I can see how this would be annoying. I’d hate being in the midst of decorating my house and for a villager to randomly appear, that would be annoying. I remember this being very annoying in past games.

Honestly I liked this part from New Leaf. But they could've added a new feature where you could add a do not disturb sign on your doorknob. Like people do at hotels and the such. If you have it on your house none of the animals will visit until you take it off.

Also wish they had actually did more this time with inviting villagers. The first few times is cute but they just walk around randomly. Have them come over to watch some movie (that is like a 30 sec animation) have them play games not the uninspired is my card higher or lower, but like a multiplayer game where a cpu of different levels competes or plays with you. I'm already pulling out better ideas and I just took a few seconds.

Honestly I liked this part from New Leaf. But they could've added a new feature where you could add a do not disturb sign on your doorknob. Like people do at hotels and the such. If you have it on your house none of the animals will visit until you take it off.
That’s actually not a bad idea. As someone who travels a lot, I’m actually intrigued by the idea of setting this up like a hotel, lol.

I generally don't mind villagers visiting, but I never understood why decorating was a taboo while a villager was visiting. Especially when you have the outdoor areas, and HHP vacation homes which break these rules. It wouldn't be quite so annoying to me for villagers to spontaneously appear if they also didn't prohibit me from getting the things I want done.

And also if they knew more than one card game. Like, criminy and I thought playing Go Fish with my relatives was boring.

It was a cute feature for me the first few days it was available when 2.0 was fresh and everyone was excited but then it quickly became annoying very fast this is why I forget I even have a home because it feels like it doesn't belong to me since my villagers can disturb my privacy whenever so I just always use my storage closest and never go in my house anymore unless I wanna go visit a dream address.
As said above, I'm not a data miner or anything but it does seem like villagers with higher friendship are far more likely to take a unwanted surprise visit so having low friendship with all your villagers could help, I'm not sure.

That’s actually not a bad idea. As someone who travels a lot, I’m actually intrigued by the idea of setting this up like a hotel, lol.
This is a hotel?

Speaking seriously though, I always thought the idea of having a hotel like pwp would've been a cool feature in NL. It functions like the campsite but the visiting villagers can actually leave the hotel and roam the island/town as a tourist.

This is a hotel?

Speaking seriously though, I always thought the idea of having a hotel like pwp would've been a cool feature in NL. It functions like the campsite but the visiting villagers can actually leave the hotel and roam the island/town as a tourist.
I could see this maybe being a thing in the next AC game but thats just wishful thinking.

I completely agree with this sentiment...
that was the one thing about New Leaf I wasn't super crazy about in the first place and when they added it back in, I was like "oh no..."
The one plus I've gotten out of it is villager photos. Once or twice, someone ran up to me, asking to come over and they give me their photo as a gift.
Maybe if they asked to play more games with you other than high card/low card, that might've been nice.
Another thing I just thought of as well... I've had a couple rooms in my house with the same design for ages and I'm kinda sick of my villagers always talking about the antique furniture in the one room... maybe this is my incentive to change things around to maybe get new dialogue.

It was a very much requested feature, and I'm happy to have it :) I just wish they had implemented it a littleee bit better. I like showing them around when they ask to be invited over, but them wandering into my main room is a bit pointless xD

I generally don't mind villagers visiting, but I never understood why decorating was a taboo while a villager was visiting. Especially when you have the outdoor areas, and HHP vacation homes which break these rules. It wouldn't be quite so annoying to me for villagers to spontaneously appear if they also didn't prohibit me from getting the things I want done.

And also if they knew more than one card game. Like, criminy and I thought playing Go Fish with my relatives was boring.

Exactly. Why not just have them hang out while you decorate? That would've solved everything.

It's easily one of my least favorite features in the whole game, second only to breaking tools. I almost never go into my house anymore because of it.

Well, tons of people were asking for it, so it's easy to see why the devs brought it back (and even put a spotlight on it during the direct).

It's a cute feature (the dialogue when they see their own photo are some of the most heartwarming lines on the game) and you can deal with it pretty easily- talking to them 2/3 times and it's over; so yeah, nice to see it.

I actually like this feature (and hated the scheduling in NL). It makes the world seem more alive. But I absolutely empathise with everyone's frustrations. I don't redecorate that much, so it's not as much of an annoyance for me. I really like the do-no-disturb idea. That's actually brilliant and I hope that this is something they'll consider in the future.

I like the idea of this feature—what I wish is that they would still follow from room to room like New Leaf. Giving regular home tours was a nice incentive to put some effort into decorating, but in this game there isn’t any point. When am I ever going into the left-hand room of my house? I only need a work bench, a storage closet, and a bed. I miss being able to see my villagers appreciate the effort I put into decorating all my rooms. Whenever they visit they just sit on the floor five feet from the front door for a few minutes and then leave.

I like the idea of this feature—what I wish is that they would still follow from room to room like New Leaf. Giving regular home tours was a nice incentive to put some effort into decorating, but in this game there isn’t any point. When am I ever going into the left-hand room of my house? I only need a work bench, a storage closet, and a bed. I miss being able to see my villagers appreciate the effort I put into decorating all my rooms. Whenever they visit they just sit on the floor five feet from the front door for a few minutes and then leave.
Residents can follow you, they will even mention they want a tour of your house. Visits are different depending on how they get into your home:
  • If they show up unannounced and you are on the main room/run to it after they knock, they will stay on the main room.

• If they ask you first (by pinging or thought bubble), they'll want to tour the house and visit any room. (this applies for immediate visits or visits the next day).
Both kind of visits have the initial gift and high-low card game available.

I don't know if this difference existed before, but you can indeed show your effort to your residents. They'll comment on the general feeling of the room ("wow! the stuff here can't be bought anywhere!"), on certain categories of items ("the smell of your Traditional Balancing Toy makes me feel the Autumn season"), particular items (their photos) or even shared items between you and them ("you also have a Toy Box? Muscular!"): so you can give pretty nice tours to all your residents.

please note the quotes above are not the exact ingame dialogue

edit: brought some pictures because everything is better with pictures:

2021112619341000_s.jpg

Zucker asked to visit my place. Here's the "thank-you for letting me interrupt your decorating" gift.

2021112619361200_s.jpg

This room has mostly photos, posters, Mom's items and trophies. This triggers the "rare items" dialogue, in this case, him feeling this is a museum.

2021112619401300_s.jpg

The wedding candles showcase this line of dialogue- any other wedding item will give the same result. I don't know if the dialogue that can happen on your island if they are near wedding stuff is the same or if it changes slightly.

2021112619462500_s.jpg

I gifted some moon cakes to Zucker and he placed them on his house. Once he looked at them on my house, this special bit of dialogue happened as we shared the same item.

2021112619465800_s.jpg

And lastly, I had forgotten they can also roast your decorating decisions lol (The chair has an specific way to be placed according to the code- since I ignored that, it's technically facing the wall and my residents-and the HHA- will call you out).

Last edited:
I don't really mind, and I still think it's kind of cute. I like when they just stand around and hint that they want a tour of every single room. 😅

I really like @/TheDuke55's idea of more games or a short movie! That would be so adorable. 🥺

Also, this talk of having a villager hotel has made me so disappointed it's not a real thing!

While it does mildly annoy me and I really didn't care if this feature came back or not. It's entertaining in a funny-pestering way. I think it adds to their personalities and character to be more annoying.

Most the time when they try to visit, I'll ignore them while being in another room and they'll go away. I also like seeing that dialogue when they're ignored. On the rare side, I let them visit, it's fun to take pictures and whatnot.

Back