• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Who's the Ultimate Cranky ?

Who's the best Cranky ?

• Apollo

Votes: 44 18.9%
  • Fang

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Chief

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Dobie

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Kabuki

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • Lobo

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • Octavian

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Wolfgang

Votes: 33 14.2%
  • Roscoe

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Other (please precise the villager)

Votes: 53 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally think Croque the Wolfgang are the best crackies, but tbh I like most of the crankies in general.

This one is by far the hardest. Out of the poll, Dobie. But man. Tom is certainly my fave, closely followed by Static and Vlad. I love my crankies.

Of course Apollo and Chief are my favs, but I never forget my boy Rooney.

I like a lot of the Cranky types, but I have to say Walt is my favorite. Apollo would be a close second though.

I voted for Dobie. Because he looks the part of a cranky old animal villager more than the others.

Cyd is objectively the best cranky, but if I didn't have him in my town, I'd probably choose Spike. His gold horns and hooves are super cool and I'm very partial to the punk-themed villagers anyway.

Wolfgang, Lobo and Bruce!

Honorable mentions: Chief, Fang, Apollo, Roscoe, Octavian, Rolf and Tom.

Last edited:
My boy Static need more love, I mean he is a purple squirrel with lightning bolts in his fur!

I just moved in Lobo and I never knew how much I would enjoy having this character on my Island. Currently, he's taken the number 1 spot in my list of favorite cranky villagers. He's like a fatherly figure. I like Dobie too because he reminds me of a grandpa. And I really like Boyd, even though most people seem to dislike gorilla villagers. I was so tempted to move him in my island when I found him in one of the mystery islands I hopped into.

Apollo used to be my favorite back in WW, mostly because of the AC movie. And I like Chow because he's a pink panda.

Wolfgang and Hamphrey! Hamphrey was so adorable, he was one of my starters in new leaf, and just to hear this dark voice from this tiny cute hamster, it was too much. I love this tiny grumpy little creature. Wolfgang I found on an island ticket in nh and the first thing he said was something like "we all have our reason to be here, I just need to figure out mine" and yes, I know that is a generic cranky saying when on a mystery island, but he was the first cranky so that just resonated with me.

However, I would say that cranky is one of my favourite personality types, so I have a lot of villagers that I really like here!

Back