• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

• Total voters

xSuperMario64x

call me Bug 🇨🇦💜🐛
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
Snow Bunny
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
as a bonus, what game did you start with?

I started playing in January 2008 when I was 8 years old, during the Wild World era, and my first game was AC:GCN 😁

I first played on the game cube with my kids. We eventually all had our own (memory cards) islands, and it was a lot of fun. It was funny, too, because we would sabotage each other's islands as pranks (burying trash, etc). I do not miss the way my favorite villagers would move away, even when I treated them like royalty. I do miss the music from that first game though.

I started playing the series with the original Animal Crossing way back in 2002. I've definitely poured a lot of hours into the series since then, lol.

I started playing during the GameCube era. Then, I took a long break from the series, mainly because I don't keep up with gaming news and didn't even realize new games were being produced. I found out about New Leaf in 2017 and I've been back into Animal Crossing ever since.

I started playing in 2006 with Wild World on the DS. Wish I had started with the original title but never had a Gamecube as a kid sadly.

Started with Gamecube, but I only figured out things like ‘how to fish consistently’ and ‘if you pay Nook’s loan, you can get a bigger house’ around Wild World, which is when I was formally hooked.

i started playing back in december 2006-2007 with wild world! i received it, along with a nintendo ds, as a christmas present. ☺️

I started with New Horizons two weeks after launch. It was gifted to me, and then I gifted it to a friend who is now trying it out :D
I have seen the original animal crossing game in walmart long long ago but never had the chance to check it out. I wonder if I would have been into it then or not. Since I played New Horizons I have checked out New Leaf which I also enjoy. Now I am back into New Horizons since I know the contents of the the 2.0 update + DLC. And since my friend is now checking it out I thought it would be fun to start new islands at the same time. I do have my other save file on my pc though if I really did want to go back but so far my map on my current island is turning out really well so.. I am kinda attached to it more.

i started playing with WW around 2006/7 when i was 7/8 years old. i was too young for GCN, so i've never played it or owned the console and don't plan to. i don't remember who got me the game, but there's a good chance it was something i asked for as a christmas present. we also have a second copy, which i assume was bought for my sister at a later point. i've played every game since then. it's definitely my favorite game series and the one i've known the longest aside from the various mario games.

like many others here i started with wild world, it was the first video game i ever played and i was only 7. it’s crazy to think about the fact that i’ve been playing animal crossing for almost 15 years. i still visit my wild world town from time to time and revel in the nostalgia and sweet memories (stitches was always my favorite and to my knowledge he still hasn’t moved out after all this time)

I started with the gamecube version way back in the day. It came with my gamecube so it was one of the first games I got into.

my first game was on the gamecube when i was really little. i asked for a gamecube super smash bundle for christmas, and the same day i got animal crossing as a surprise gift from an estranged relative who ive never met and hasnt had any contact with us since then. its pretty crazy how much that gift impacted my life! ive bought each main game since and theyve helped me get through a lot of hard times

3DS was actually my first console and ACNL was my third game ever. I first played it in 2016 when it already pretty dead ._.

I started in the New Leaf era, I got NL for Christmas 2014 and played it for a good 2-3 years

I started playing on N64 in 2001. Once it came out on GameCube, I moved to that. I've been playing every release since then. :giggle:

Technically I did play Population Growing with a friend a few times as a kid, but I consider my real first game to be Wild World in 2006, when I was 11. That was my first town of my own, and where I met most of my favorite villagers. I really miss the music from that game, and also the villager proportions, haha. I liked the huge heads on the rhinos and horses and alligators and cows, etc.

I started around the Wild World era, although I got the game later after it's release. Was looking for a new game for my DS and thought I would give it a try after I heard and saw so much about it. In retrospective I'm very happy that I started playing it.

I think I started playing around the New Leaf era but with City Folk, I had it for the Wii but had never played until later games came out.

Back