• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's the last movie you've seen?

A few months back i saw Booksmart and good god i was not expecting it to actually be funny and heartwarming

I watched Otherhood on Netflix, really good. Don't often like the Netflix films but it had the actress from AHS so I thought i'd give it a watch.

The Farewell. I was gonna wait on seeing it for a while because I was expecting it to be too sad, but my friend wanted to go and I'm glad I did. It was really sweet and funny.

The new Invader Zim movie: enter the florpus! I actually liked it, it had a lot of the same humor and characters voices as the original show.. except gaz?s character was a bit different, didn?t seem like her :p

Tonight was a double feature of movie adaptations to Stephen King novels, the two movies I watched being Cujo and Christine. I've watched a ton of horror movies in my life but only just now got around to watching these two.

Cujo was all right. There's a certain groundedness to it in that it's something that could actually happen, which makes for a good horror story. It was decent, but not one of my favorite Stephen King novel adaptations either. Probably in the middle somewhere, it wasn't bad and there are far worse, but it's sort of bland.

Christine, meanwhile, I enjoyed far more. I expected to like it more going in since it was directed by John Carpenter, a fantastic director who is among my favorites, and was proven right.

I'll need to get around to reading the novels themselves sooner than later. Been curious about Stephen King's novels for a while, just always been kept away by his infamous reputation for not being the best at endings. I want to see how his novels and the movie adaptations of his works compare to each other.

Last edited:
The last movie I watched was Ready Player One, and to be honest i only got like halfway through because I was so tired. It was very visually stunning might I add.

Calibre. It was a reallyyyyy good thriller/drama (more of a drama) and I’m still obsessed with the shots (no pun intended) of the mountains and villages and the long pauses. I really appreciate movies that don’t have a lot of dialogue but can still convey emotions in other ways like with the sounds and visuals

The new Invader Zim movie: enter the florpus! I actually liked it, it had a lot of the same humor and characters voices as the original show.. except gaz’s character was a bit different, didn’t seem like her :p

Today I watched Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus! I agree with this statement. I was a little disappointed in Gaz, but otherwise the movie was very reminiscent of the show. I enjoyed it.

Sorry to Bother You

Fun, just a plain fun movie. Dark, weird, crazy and above all fun.

Quite hard to explain. But a down on his luck bloke, finds his calling at a tele-marketing company. Que white voices, horses, and Danny Glover.

Strong 8/10 from me.

The Possession (1981) A really trippy psychological horror movie with Sam Neil (Jurassic Park). Its one of those movies where each new viewing you learn something new. But some of the scenes are way out there and disturbing.

I love watching the youtube discussions about trying to nail this film down to all its symbolism.

Spiderman: Far From Home. I don't watch movies as much as I wish I did lol.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Me and the Lady both loved this
Great soundtrack, captured the era well. LOL's in the cinema for the finale!

Back