• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What's Bothering You?

I really dislike the people in my class/grade sometimes. We started our thesis defenses, which is basically you going up to a podium and talking about your thesis topic and having some teachers/students asking questions. Well, one teacher had a disagreement and said something controversial (?), which resulted in a bunch of people arguing. That wasn't fun. By the time we were done, I overheard some of my classmates making rude comments. Like... Why can't you just be decent and keep those things to yourself? Ugh.

Also, after hearing some of the defenses, I feel like my thesis idea is kinda dumb? I dunno. I have my peers writing theirs on racism, sexism, religion, addiction, etc. And I'm here writing about censorship. :x I was going to write about some of those topics, but I didn't want to opt for something that was too heavy/personal for me, but still.

I recall when they did a father/child event at our school. One of the dads saw me sitting alone and invited me over. He let me hang out and was basically my dad for the day. (at the time I didn't understand just how incredibly kind this was).

lately i was kinda wishing I had a dad to spend time with. my mom never remarried.

I do hope father's day coming up next month is good for all the dads out there. This year is going by quickly.

I was signed up for the 10:30 PM session tonight, but then a storm came and blew out the power, less than two weeks after the previous power outage. In other words, the storm ruined my participation in tonight’s session.

I’m thinking about withdrawing my participation from the entire contest, not just the session. The storm ruined it.

I need to get out of Texas, now. The weather is going to be too unstable for our power grid, and the state doesn’t want to upgrade our power grid.

I was signed up for the 10:30 PM session tonight, but then a storm came and blew out the power, less than two weeks after the previous power outage. In other words, the storm ruined my participation in tonight’s session.

I’m thinking about withdrawing my participation from the entire contest, not just the session. The storm ruined it.

I need to get out of Texas, now. The weather is going to be too unstable for our power grid, and the state doesn’t want to upgrade our power grid.
We all have reasons outwith our control that cause us to need to bail on a game sometimes. Don't let the storm interrupting one session ruin the entire event for you.

so I've been cleaning and reorganizing and keeping myself very busy for the last 3-4 days. I know it's something that needed to be done, but truthfully, cleaning is something that I do compulsively when I'm stressed. and because of that, because I've cleaned so much over the last few days, now I'm feeling really tired and kind of lethargic (I was already kinda starting to feel that way yesterday).

my problem is that my OCD mind doesn't know when to catch a break. I'm feeling exhausted and I really think I need to take a day to relax, but I also have that itch to go and scrub tiles and mop floors and go through the hoard of food that's gone bad in the kitchen fridge. like I can't relax knowing that this stuff needs to be done, but I really need to take a break for at least a day. it's that incessant feeling of guilt.

I guess part of me is also worried that I might lose my steam if I stop, then I won't be able to get myself to clean at all. maybe I can do a little bit today, like just wash the dishes and clean the hall bathroom sink and that's it. but I need to be careful to not let it turn into a 4-hour episode of me deep cleaning.

perhaps today would be a good day for some affirmations.

I feel strangely tense and bothered today and I can't even explain why. though at this point it's feeling like an everyday thing so maybe it's just part of my being, I dunno 🥲

edit: I think I'm feeling really overstimulated, which is a nightmare for ADHDers because we're perpetually understimulated. I closed my window to darken my room, and I've been watching yt videos this morning but periodically pausing them to give myself a stimulus break. if I didn't have to leave for work on an hour I'd lie down and maybe play a GBA game with the sound off. hopefully the drive to work isn't too overstimulating for me.

perhaps i’m being silly but i’m quite upset that i missed the mario kart i was scheduled to do. i have been getting all emo about not having a chance to play online, only to find out i just did not get notified when i was pinged for a round. i’ve obsessively looked through my notifications but there’s nothing, and now i feel silly for not having checked the post myself. honestly though, i wouldn’t have thought to do that unless something with a ping went wrong first. i’m super frustrated at myself.

i just don’t want to be an inadvertent let down for my team.
i’m going to go make a poke bowl, shiny hunt and pretend i am normal

my dad's going on holiday next week and he just had a go at me bc he's unhappy that no-one else is going with him. i don't really want to stay with one of his friends and also don't really want to go back where i've already been. he's not planned it with us in mind anyway since we said we didn't want to go. literally makes it about him and also now he just seems fine and back to normal?? and saying that i'm the one who's moody when i'm literally not. smh talk with me and apologise instead of watching TV lmaooo

Feeling depressed; my best friend still hasn’t said happy birthday to me. I know he’s busy but it still hurts.

Also a little worried I’m not going to be able to get the collectibles I want from the event. I feel like I’ve been participating a lot but looking at others’ points and mine I’m worrying it won’t be enough. I still have sessions planned but idk if it will be enough. I didn’t sign up for every day possible in case more splatoon sessions were announced. I don’t want to miss them. Feeling a bit overwhelmed too, managing my schedule. Frustrated with the salmon run part. I got close to 25 eggs yesterday but not enough still. I can usually only get 16 the most and the rare occasion 20. I don’t know how people are getting over 25 eggs.

I feel bad too for not submitting anything for banner or emojis to my team or chatting a lot. I’ve been having a lot of fun but mt depression is hampering my mood and I just feel kinda awkward and don’t know what to say. No ideas either what I’d want our flag to look like or emojis.

Still kinda feeling embarrassed yesterday when I shared my old cheers (I ended up removing them) and self conscious about a lot.

Bruh. I thought I was lucky when I did not get a migraine yesterday. Not one throughout the entire day! I was so happy! Especially after having one a day for 5 days in a row.. I was like 'gee! I really lucked out!' and now I'm starting to get migraine symptoms AGAIN.. sigh T^T

I wish my family doctor took me seriously when I tell him how many I get. They aren't as bad as they used to be, nor as often, since I quit my job.. but with the weather changing so much and how high the pollen rates are.. I can't catch a break this week..

Back