• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What's bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. My classmates won't shut the **** up. All they do is whine... "WHY ARE READING GREAT GATSBY?! WE SHOULD READ HARRY POTTER! THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS!"

It's annotating, not surgery. Plus, our teacher actually cares about us. :/

This morning I don't remember like a thing except this guy who looked creepily much like a friend of mine

Wow. My classmates won't shut the **** up. All they do is whine... "WHY ARE READING GREAT GATSBY?! WE SHOULD READ HARRY POTTER! THAT ACTUALLY MATTERS!"

at least people in your class dont say harry potter/hobbit/LOTR/whatever is boring
right

Harry Potter is classic literature only in entertainment. Great Gatsby sounds like a school book. That's the difference your annoying classmates needs to know. I feel bad for you.

As long as you don't get to read The old man and the sea ... That is the most boring book I ever read lol

Well Ernest Hemingway and that bunch ain't exactly my favorite stuff. Sorry Idgaf about your damn fish

Of mice and men? Great book.

- - - Post Merge - - -

at least people in your class dont say harry potter/hobbit/LOTR/whatever is boring
right

They'll kill each other in fights about Harry potter but they think LOTR is awful. Half don't know what it is though.

Of mice and men are so .. bad The film even worse lol had to read/watch both in like 9th grade lol no thanks.

Of mice and men are so .. bad The film even worse lol had to read/watch both in like 9th grade lol no thanks.

I read it junior year and it was really sad. REALLY sad. I enjoyed it a lot.

Never saw the movie though. I didn't like either of The Great Gatsby movies. Well, I didn't like to book either but meh.

I read it junior year and it was really sad. REALLY sad. I enjoyed it a lot.

Never saw the movie though. I didn't like either of The Great Gatsby movies. Well, I didn't like to book either but meh.

Don't even talk about that book ;_;. I liked it and I was very sad at the end, but after five and a half weeks of analysing Curley's Wife at school, I've lost any emotion I had the first time I read it. Just go home, Curley's wife. We don't want you here.

pc doesn't let me replay videos? no big deal, i'll just refresh the page every frikken time.
pc doesn't let me upload to dA? eff this, i am so done.

you know what book sucks? this immortals book i red once back in my vampire craze. dozens of pages of some chick whining and moaning over some guy? no thanks, i'll read twilite for that. :lemon:

Don't even talk about that book ;_;. I liked it and I was very sad at the end, but after five and a half weeks of analysing Curley's Wife at school, I've lost any emotion I had the first time I read it. Just go home, Curley's wife. We don't want you here.

I think what's sadder than the book is the fact that school teaches students to hate it (well, many things. I used to like photography until I was forced to take 400 pictures of a ****ing shoe).

With "Of Mice and Men", I had my least favorite English teacher of all time also so what a great time to read it. However, I decided instead of just annotating while reading, I'd just read the chapter. It was GREAT. I actually finished the book in two days (no shocker, it's not that long). However, we read it in class and it took us 9 days because my teacher went "Look at the color of Curly's hair. Isn't that just anazlastic!"

I still enjoyed the book. I'd recommend it to someone who hasn't read it.

Another book I loved was "Dubliners". AMAZING book with the very best English teacher of all time. I also recommend it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

UGH you know what book sucks? the scarlet letter

My friends read the Scarlet Letter in 7th grade and some read it again in 9th grade. However, I never read it. I heard it's the worst book ever though.

got some msg's i need to answer that have been sitting here for a few days but it seems like it's just one of those weeks where i can't communicate in anything except a short sentence or two

My nails are always their same length after every week I cut them.

They are never short.

Last edited:
why why why did my English teacher have to give us a project final T-T I have to stay up really late to finish it and I haven't even had time to study for my other finals tomorrow T~T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back