what will your island theme be? do you have any plans for your island?

I don't know if I would do a themed island, maybe for like Christmas or change in seasons. I think I want to do a fun and relaxing community island, with seats, community garden, etc. :blush:

I don’t have too many plans at the moment. I don’t think I can decide exactly what I want my island’s vibe to be until I know what I’m going to name it, which will require knowing what the character limit is. I do have a list in my notes of “Day 1 Tasks” but so far all that’s on it is to gather up flowers to arrange for hybrids, and to have some people over to my island in the evening to celebrate the release, like I did with New Leaf.

I don't think I have a plan outside of the fact that I generally gravitate towards natural colors and like things to have a "quaint" feel to them...

I guess I'd like it if when people visited they got that nice homey vibe?

I don't know if I have a theme yet, but I know my town will end up being very "busy" looking. How many layers of ground can we get? 2 or 3? Cause if it's 3 then I know I'll have my lighthouse at the peak.

I don't know if I have a theme yet, but I know my town will end up being very "busy" looking. How many layers of ground can we get? 2 or 3? Cause if it's 3 then I know I'll have my lighthouse at the peak.

If the map is to be believed, then three. But I don't know if we will be able to build on top of the third one.

Might go a lil #crackhead and base my island off Mercay Island from LoZ Phantom Hourglass :p:p:p:p:p

Thanks for alerting me that there's a word for cottagecore! That's totally what the Pokemon S&S hometown house is.

I actually got really excited and wrote out a whole planning document for my town, with the knowledge of things we have right now. It's mainly personal stuff and paths that make me happy to play through on my own, since I don't have Animal Crossing friends. But it's based on nature, fire, community, good eats and music! Specially designed so nights are safe and lit by fire alongside the riverside village, and with a contrasting, less-wooden commerical area, lowered into the ground.

There's also going to be one reserved villager spot that's just plain stupid and isolated, up narrow stairs and an awful path to navigate out of. Just for kicks, where's there no lights, etc. Exile hermit zone.

And another main thing is a wild area dedicated for gathering and creature catching. Otherwise, trees are lightly scattered in residential spots.

Seasonal plans:
A heated, cosy hangout space on the beach in the winter so it's not a barren hellscape
A clearing in a circle of sakura trees in the spring, with a music player playing K.K. songs if possible

Last edited:
If the map is to be believed, then three. But I don't know if we will be able to build on top of the third one.

Hmm, if that's the case I guess we could substitute buildings with decorations and items? It'd be a little disappointing if we couldn't do anything on the top ground.

Might go a lil #crackhead and base my island off Mercay Island from LoZ Phantom Hourglass :p:p:p:p:p

What a memory! I like it

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think I have a plan outside of the fact that I generally gravitate towards natural colors and like things to have a "quaint" feel to them...

I guess I'd like it if when people visited they got that nice homey vibe?

Is online random multiplayer a confirmed thing? If not, I'm just going to design my town for myself because I felt like I hoped I'd meet someone last game and I never did.

I think I'm just going to see how it evolves, although one thing I would like to have would be a designated zen garden area. I tried to do this in New Leaf but failed spectacularly.

I also want to build around my villagers. Even if I know I don't want to keep them forever, I want my island to be forever evolving. I'll give everyone a little yard and furniture I think that suits them.

My town will probably be named Orenda. My ideas so far are something really ethreal. Boluvards of trees. Those post pillars outside. Something fancy with pockets of whimsical areas. Definitely setting up some areas to sit and look at fountains. Like some kind of elven paradise woodsy vibes

I also want to build around my villagers. Even if I know I don't want to keep them forever, I want my island to be forever evolving. I'll give everyone a little yard and furniture I think that suits them.

I also want to do this. I started doing it in New Leaf and loved it. Only in this game it should be so much easier to re-landscape everything.

Not really a theme, but more a general look and feel. A bustling shopping district with brick streets, sprawling gardens and quaint outdoor spaces to relax, cute communities of villagers with yards fitting their personal style dotted around the island. I hope the maps are fairly large and we get a decent amount of villagers to live with us! :D

I would gladly give up a month of my life for it to be March 20th already!

Is online random multiplayer a confirmed thing? If not, I'm just going to design my town for myself because I felt like I hoped I'd meet someone last game and I never did.

I don't think people can come randomly, no, but at the very least my kids will visit my island and I imagine I might meet a person or two on here that I might want to trade with or invite to visit. :)

I actually really love the suburban neighborhoods feeling they showed us in the trailer. it's what I tried to create on NL (and didnt get to finish)

I always really enjoy summer and fall themes, so i might go with one of those!

Naturalism, old-style, forest, and victorian styles mixed. Just a hodgepodge of my favorite things.
Likely going to use mostly stone features.

I'm not sure what theme I'll go with my town and I'm going to wait and see what items we have available before I properly plan anything, but I would love to have one small section of the island that would remain completely natural with it's weeds, tree placement and such, and maybe have one villager living in the area whose personality would suit the area. It would also be separated from the rest of my town with a river, I think.

So many cool posts in this thread lol, super excited to see what everyone does with their towns! I tend to try and make mine really naturalistic. Lots of tree stumps, bushes, and weeds/clovers. I really like theming stuff around autumn, so I'm especially excited to see what decorative items we get during that season, because I'd like to use them year round!

Back