• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

What Wii Games Do You Own?

Bulerias said:
@ JJ's Battalion Wars comments -- WAIT A SEC! You're not just bashing BW... you're bashing RTS games! Saying a shooter is better than an RTS game... that's, again, objective. If you don't like RTS games, that's fine. But how is it Nintendo's fault? It's your fault.
I love RTS games, it's when they try to mix them with shooters (see the atrocity that was 'The Outfit' for the 360) that I don't like them.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
@ JJ's Battalion Wars comments -- WAIT A SEC! You're not just bashing BW... you're bashing RTS games! Saying a shooter is better than an RTS game... that's, again, objective. If you don't like RTS games, that's fine. But how is it Nintendo's fault? It's your fault.
I love RTS games, it's when they try to mix them with shooters (see the atrocity that was 'The Outfit' for the 360) that I don't like them.
Oh, so you're saying you like games like StarCraft and Revanant Wings, but not games like BW... OK... But isn't BW a little more strategic? Instead of merely directing the troops and letting them fight on their own, you are in direct control and you can influence the outcome of the battle.

That's "more hardcore", if you ask me.

Bulerias said:
Made for two players, huh... so... just because you have nobody to play with means it's bad...? I thought co-op was a GOOD feature.

You are kidding yourself if you'll tell me it's not a huge step up for Nintendo. No friend codes, 32 players, communication... Yes, it's nothing compared to games like Halo 3 or all of those games, but you can't tell me MoH2 is bad... it's not.

Harder, and more fun...? An entirely objective statement. Retro Evolved didn't have nearly the same amount of depth as the Wii version... or heck, even the DS version.

Your opinion. Last time I checked, Metroid Prime 1 was one of the highest rated games ever... on MetaCritic, GameRankings, etc... I'll admit MP2 was horrible, but Metroid Prime 3 was, simply put, amazing. Voice acting is good, but that's not why I like it... not even close.
Of course it's a good feature, my problem is that it feels like you need someone else playing even when you're in Single Player, and THAT is a problem.

Thats great that it is a big step for NINTENDO. Way to get up to par.... with 4 years ago.
MoH2 is bad. It is.

Geo Wars isn't about 'depth' its an arcade style shooter that is meant to just be played until you lose, and the put down until the next run. Which is why it was good on the DS (at least the Retro Evolved part), and I preferred it on 360 because

1. It was cheap (I mean in was an XBLA game)
2. It was harder (No tracers or anything)

Good for Metroid Prime, you know what scored even higher than Metroid Prime?

Bioshock, The Orange Box, just for instance. Does that mean you like them? No? Then I don't see why I should like Prime.

Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
Oh, so you're saying you like games like StarCraft and Revanant Wings, but not games like BW... OK... But isn't BW a little more strategic? Instead of merely directing the troops and letting them fight on their own, you are in direct control and you can influence the outcome of the battle.

Since when was I arguing what games are 'hardcore'? saying things are 'hardcore' is BS anyways. Either a game is good, or it isn't.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
Made for two players, huh... so... just because you have nobody to play with means it's bad...? I thought co-op was a GOOD feature.

You are kidding yourself if you'll tell me it's not a huge step up for Nintendo. No friend codes, 32 players, communication... Yes, it's nothing compared to games like Halo 3 or all of those games, but you can't tell me MoH2 is bad... it's not.

Harder, and more fun...? An entirely objective statement. Retro Evolved didn't have nearly the same amount of depth as the Wii version... or heck, even the DS version.

Your opinion. Last time I checked, Metroid Prime 1 was one of the highest rated games ever... on MetaCritic, GameRankings, etc... I'll admit MP2 was horrible, but Metroid Prime 3 was, simply put, amazing. Voice acting is good, but that's not why I like it... not even close.
Of course it's a good feature, my problem is that it feels like you need someone else playing even when you're in Single Player, and THAT is a problem.

Thats great that it is a big step for NINTENDO. Way to get up to par.... with 4 years ago.
MoH2 is bad. It is.

Geo Wars isn't about 'depth' its an arcade style shooter that is meant to just be played until you lose, and the put down until the next run. Which is why it was good on the DS (at least the Retro Evolved part), and I preferred it on 360 because

1. It was cheap (I mean in was an XBLA game)
2. It was harder (No tracers or anything)

Good for Metroid Prime, you know what scored even higher than Metroid Prime?

Bioshock, The Orange Box, just for instance. Does that mean you like them? No? Then I don't see why I should like Prime.
So OK, the developers wanted people to play the game in co-op. I don't see that as a problem, especially if you have someone to play with.

Objective statement, yet again.

Geometry Wars... is as hardcore as you can get. It's what games are all about. It's essentially Asteroids II... the real sequel. And the best version is on the Wii, looking from a purely gameplay standpoint. Yeah, it doesn't have the crispness of HD, but... other than that, it's a fleshed-out experience.

It doesn't, but I'm not saying the 360 lacks good games, even though I'm not interested in a good few. I KNOW it has good games... just some of those games aren't my cup of tea. And it's the same for Wii. The games just don't interest some people... but it doesn't mean they're bad. Period.

BTW, I'm REALLY interested in Orange Box, and though I'm not interested in Bioshock from a gameplay standpoint, the soundtrack really has my interest piqued. Django Reindhart? Amazing stuff.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:

Since when was I arguing what games are 'hardcore'? saying things are 'hardcore' is BS anyways. Either a game is good, or it isn't.
Look who's talking... the person who says the Wii is not for hardcore gamers.

Let's just drop the hypocrisy here. You've mentioned numerous times that the Wii is for casual gamers... hence it NOT being for hardcore games... hence it lacking hardcore games... hence my argument.

More or less a circular argument, yes, but my point is valid nonetheless.

JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
You've mentioned numerous times that the Wii is for casual gamers...
]
I have better things to do than waste my time looking for links. Fact is, you know as well as I do that I'm not going to pull an argument out of my rear end just to prove someone wrong.

Bulerias said:
JJRamone2 said:
Bulerias said:
You've mentioned numerous times that the Wii is for casual gamers...
]
I have better things to do than waste my time looking for links. Fact is, you know as well as I do that I'm not going to pull an argument out of my rear end just to prove someone wrong.
Apparently you just did.

$50 isn't overpriced? Even from the best $50 games, you maybe get 30 hours of gameplay, max.

I can hang out with friends, maybe spend a couple bucks to go grab some food, and have a great time. If I've got nothing else to do, I can do a little homework - that's free to do, and when all is said and done, I'm getting free money from scholarships because of me doing my homework, pretty much. And, unlike some people think nowadays, you don't need to be doing something every second of every day - so maybe I can spend time with the family or just relax.

Option 2 ends up gaining me money (or at least spending a lot less) and spending those 30 hrs. a helluva lot better. Video games are overpriced, because they are not a necessity, and as of late, have been really disappointing compared to my SNES and N64 games.

I spend 5x as much time playing old games instead of Wii games.

DarthGohan1 said:
$50 isn't overpriced? Even from the best $50 games, you maybe get 30 hours of gameplay, max.

I can hang out with friends, maybe spend a couple bucks to go grab some food, and have a great time. If I've got nothing else to do, I can do a little homework - that's free to do, and when all is said and done, I'm getting free money from scholarships because of me doing my homework, pretty much. And, unlike some people think nowadays, you don't need to be doing something every second of every day - so maybe I can spend time with the family or just relax.

Option 2 ends up gaining me money (or at least spending a lot less) and spending those 30 hrs. a helluva lot better. Video games are overpriced, because they are not a necessity, and as of late, have been really disappointing compared to my SNES and N64 games.

You're forgetting something, my friend... N64 games NEVER cost $50. They were HIGHER. $60, $70... Hell, I even have a REALLY old EGM with advertisements for N64 games. Paper Mario was $70, some WWF game was $60... You just never paid for those games before, you asked your parents for them, just like any kid would do.

Now that you - and I - are paying for these games ourselves, we feel the damage to our pocketbook.

I'll agree with you, though -- games ARE overpriced, any way you look at it. That's why I buy DS and Virtual Console games more nowadays... cheaper.

;)

Edit - My bro was reading a FFVI review in Nintendo Power, and noticed that the reviewer mentioned that the original game "cost $70". Yup, SNES games were expensive, too.

DarthGohan1 said:

I'm not even going to bother...not even going to bother....

Propaganda Man said:
DarthGohan1 said:

are you in agreement or disagreement?

DarthGohan1 said:
Propaganda Man said:
DarthGohan1 said:

are you in agreement or disagreement?
Great disagreement.

Snoopdogga said:
Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:

You're forgetting something, my friend... N64 games NEVER cost $50. They were HIGHER. $60, $70... Hell, I even have a REALLY old EGM with advertisements for N64 games. Paper Mario was $70, some WWF game was $60... You just never paid for those games before, you asked your parents for them, just like any kid would do.

Now that you - and I - are paying for these games ourselves, we feel the damage to our pocketbook.

I'll agree with you, though -- games ARE overpriced, any way you look at it. That's why I buy DS and Virtual Console games more nowadays... cheaper.

;)

Edit - My bro was reading a FFVI review in Nintendo Power, and noticed that the reviewer mentioned that the original game "cost $70". Yup, SNES games were expensive, too.
Pokemon Stadium was $100.00 in Canada.
1. The Canadian dollar is weaker than America's.
2. Games are probably on a different system in Canada. a Ds game in Australia is $70-$100.

Back