• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Underrated games that you love?

I rarely ever hear people talk about The Minish Cap when discussing TLoZ games. I tried playing multiple Zelda games before without much interest, but somehow The Minish Cap caught my attention and I started binge playing it last year. It’s a really adorable game that lets you shrink and stuff and get through nooks and crannies and explore so many places, which was enjoyable for me! I wish it had gotten more attention tbh. And for a GBA game, I’m surprised the graphics were actually good.

View attachment 428516
I'll check it out! I have heard of it!!

Ever Oasis was a fun game on the 3ds. It was similar to Fantasy Life, but had its own vibe.

My Brother Rabbit on the Switch is a short game, but quite sweet. Also The Tiny Bang Story.

The Dog Island is underrated and it’s honestly one of the best games I’ve ever played. Seriously, look into it. Especially if you’re interested in games where you play as an animal. You can customize your dog in accessories. It has design and customization options, as well, if that happens to be a dealbreaker. I recommend at least looking into it to see if it interests you.

I really liked the first Chibi-Robo game and Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak. That's all that comes to mind right now.
Edit: I guess Yo-Kai Watch counts.

Is route 96 underrated?
I absolutely love that game but don't hear to much about if

There's this one Nintendo DS game that I loved as a kid, titled, "The Legendary Starfy", that game needs more love.

Oh, here's one I've thought of since my original post. DuckTales 2 on the NES. It's not so much that this game isn't liked, but that it was released so late in the console's life that it flew under the radar for many people. But while the original wins in the music and general level design department, the sequel beats it in terms of controls and visual presentation. The game feels so fluid and buttery smooth that at points I nearly forgot I was playing an actual NES game when I first played it, to the point where I'd probably return to it more readily than the original version of DuckTales 1.

I would have loved to have seen this game get DuckTales Remastered treatment, if only Alan Young were still with us.

Puyo Pop Fever on the DS. I LOVE this game! The english dub is so bad that it loops around to being good, and its essentially a 4Kids dub but worse (lol). Although, there are highlights in the voice dept. (like Popoi, Amitie, Lidelle, and the Ocean Prince). There's even a reference to The Honest Woodcutter in the WakuWaku Course (normal mode, and for the reference, think Serena from ACCF, but take away the actual receiving the axe part).

I really liked the first Chibi-Robo game and Hamtaro Ham-Ham Heartbreak. That's all that comes to mind right now.
Edit: I guess Yo-Kai Watch counts.
I love Ham Ham Heartbreak!! my delulu dream is for a remake/remaster

Gravity Rush 1+2 is amazing and not sure if this counts but Fantasy Life as well

not sure if this counts but Fantasy Life as well
i was gonna say fantasy life omg!! it's a great game and if anybody hasn't played it yet they should. people have also been mentioning yokai watch and the yokai watch games were all so fun.. im actually replaying yokai watch bony spirits rn haha

for me an underrated game would be the legend of zelda: triforce heroes.. idc what people say that game and the outfits were all so silly i love it!! and the soundtrack was amazing

I literally forgot I made this thread everyone HAHA but anyways these are all such good recommendations! I still have been meaning to check out Yokai Watch and Fantasy Life for my 3DS. Both seem like games I would enjoy and for the most part I don't remember them being very expensive but I have to check since I havent looked at 3DS game prices in like 5 or 6 years.....

Professor Layton. also, Ace Attorney 4 is rather underrated (or should i say, overhated) for a series as popular as Ace Attorney is (although this may change when the Apollo Justice trilogy gets released on modern consoles next year)

Panel Del Pon. It’s a super Famicom puzzle game that was released under a Yoshi theme in the states. I still prefer the original though and I bought an imported physical copy of it from a game store that specializes in imported games. The sprite art is adorable, the music is some of the best on the SNES, and the gameplay is super addicting. For me this is my Tetris.

My favorite obscure game is E.V.O: Search for Eden. (For SNES).

It's a platformer. You control different prehistoric creatures and each section of the game is a different time period or era. You evolve through an upgrade system.

Screenshot 2024-05-22 9.20.10 PM.png

Back