• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

what villager will be the most popular?

Hazeltuft

obama's hidden daughter
Bells
hii everyone!
so, i was watching a video about someone reacting to all the character renders we've seen- and rating them.
that made me think- what villager will be the most popular in new horizons?
just like in new leaf, there were tiers to villagers. it helped with pricing villagers here on tbt as well.

i saw a new cat villager with heterochromia, and i have a feeling he will be one of the most popular.
he is the first villager in ac with heterochromia as well.
another villager i had in mind was a cotton candy looking bear cub. she's veryyy cute, and bound to be popular by many.

here are the pics of the villagers i am talking about! https://imgur.com/3XH92x8

lmk what you think below. <3

Honestly, I think they'll be equally popular... but the cat has potential to be incredibly popular if he's a smug villager.

I really like that new grey cat villager as well. For sure I’m thinking he will be on the top. I hadn’t really noticed his eyes now until you pointed it out. Super cool!

That cat most definitely going to be popular..he's going to end up being the next Marshal.

I've already seen more art of that cat than that bear online.

That cat most definitely going to be popular..he's going to end up being the next Marshal.

I've already seen more art of that cat than that bear online.

exactly, i've literally seen so much art of him already-

@khaelis, lmfaoo, you're right- it's always the smug or lazy villagers tbh.

@bluebellie, yup! it's really unique.

i’m not sure but the new cat will definitely be pretty popular - he already is and the game isn’t even out yet lol

I want that cat as a villager and we don't even know his name or personality. :)

The cat and Daisy Mae feel like the most popular new characters so far.

The gray cat has all the potential to become the next top villager. The design is so elaborate, I wouldn’t have been surprised if they were were an NPC instead.

That blue/pink cub will no doubt be popular as well—and I say this despite thinking they’re a textbook definition of “too much of a good thing” xD

The cat is already pretty popular, and we don’t even know his name yet. I’m sure he will be one of the most popular villagers for New Horizons, if not the most popular.

Yeah, I definitely think the cat is the next Marshal if he's smug. I really like him a lot, as well as the new new horse Reneigh. They're definitely at the top of my personal wishlist, along with my old pal Wolfgang.

I think both the cat and the bear cub will be fairly popular. I'd like to have the cat come to my town to get his picture but he won't be permanent. The bear cub, though, I probably will keep her in my town, she fits my aesthetic c:

the cat is predisposed to popularity by virtue of its species

personally i like the horse a lot

I'm going to have to say the cat villager.

He might even be more popular than Marshal.

Also, when he does the Mischief emote and does the glasses thing that the characters in the Anime do where they adjust their glasses to give them a flashing glare I am going to scream!

Last edited:
What made Marshal so popular? My son had him in his NL town and he liked him but we didn’t know he was a “hot” animal. He was more concerned about Zell..

What made Marshal so popular? My son had him in his NL town and he liked him but we didn’t know he was a “hot” animal. He was more concerned about Zell..

honestly, i think it was his design, and his personality (smug villagers are popular among people.)
he kinda just reminds me of a frat boy, or some rich guy that goes to private school lmfao

do you guys think the new horse villager, Reneigh, is going to be popular?

Definitely the cat villager. As others have already said, he's probably going to be more wanted than Marshal -- he just looks far more interesting.

do you guys think the new horse villager, Reneigh, is going to be popular?

maybe but i don?t believe any of the horse villagers are all that popular except for julian - she?s definitely cute but i don?t see her being hugely popular

Last edited:
Probably the new cat villager. I'm still holding out hope that his name will be Ziggy. That would make him part of my favorite villagers by default, no matter his personality.

The cat looks like my cat so of course I'd kill to have him. Raneigh looked amazing and her name is such a good pun. All of them, I'll just say all of them because 1.) the novelty of new villagers and 2.) they are so cute.

Back