• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

what villager will be the most popular?

Ok maybe this is just me but... I think virtually every other cat is better. Kabuki, Purrl, Ankha, Mitzi, Lolly, Rosie, Rudy, Kid Cat, Moe, Bob, and, well, of course Punchy! =P

I don't really get why he's loved already. Is it just cuz he's new? I generally don't much like animals with random human hair emanating from the top of their head. And you can equip accessories like hats and glasses to other villagers so the glasses don't seem that special.

do you guys think the new horse villager, Reneigh, is going to be popular?

That's an interesting question. Considering we start with an Uchi and Jock, and there aren't that many Uchi animals, I think a number of people will end up with her as their starter. It even makes it very easy to restart the game until you get her because that cuts down on the possible combos considerably.

So popular? Yes. But not as measured by how much people are willing to pay to get her in their town.

My vote is the blue goat will be popular. Cute as a button, that one.

rtxpA4g.png

Last edited:
I think a lot of the new villagers will be popular in the diehard AC community because they are new. From what we have seen, they all have cool designs. That new cat especially will be popular. I imagine he will be smug (he radiates smug energy) because there is a disproportionate amount of Smug/Uchi villagers to the other personalities.

The old classic villagers will be popular still as well. Bob will remain to be a heavily desired villager, Marshal will still be wanted, Stitches, Lolly, Merengue, etc. are still going to be heavily desired. And if we only have the 4 octopi villagers, they are going to be heavily wanted as well.

I don't really get why he's loved already. Is it just cuz he's new? I generally don't much like animals with random human hair emanating from the top of their head. And you can equip accessories like hats and glasses to other villagers so the glasses don't seem that special.

Personally, he reminds me of David Bowie. His outfit is vaguely British to me, he has a blond swoosh, and he has heterochromia. Which is why I really hope he is named Ziggy like Ziggy Stardust. Even if he isn't just a big reference, I think he will still be a favorite for me.

For other people, I think he has become more popular because of the heterochromia. I can't think of any other villager who has that.

do you guys think the new horse villager, Reneigh, is going to be popular?

I think she's going to be somewhat popular, but not as much as some of the others.

I'm personally obsessed with her! I just adore her color scheme and her whole look and I am so happy she's Uchi. I love the Uchi personality, but only a few of their designs, so Reneigh is easily my favorite Uchi now. And probably will be one of my all time favorite villagers period.

It's too soon to say which villager will be the most popular one once New Horizons releases in stores, but so far I also think the new grey cat will gain a lot of popularity, more so if they have a smug or snooty personality. I would have never imagined a rhino villager garnering so much affection among Animal Crossing fans, but then New leaf introduced Merengue, which is among ine of the most popular characters, and I too became a fan of her design.

Last edited:

If it were just because he?s new, all the other new animals should be getting the same attention, which they clearly aren?t. You really can?t see it at all? His overall design is solid, the mismatched eyes are unique, and he just oozes stylish coolness! He?s not my ?type? of villager necessarily, but I definitely get the appeal.

I love the Uchi personality, but only a few of their designs, so Reneigh is easily my favorite Uchi now. And probably will be one of my all time favorite villagers period.

This exactly is why I think she?s going to be pretty sought after. Perhaps not as a villager in general, but in her category (uchi) she?ll rank pretty high because there isn?t much competition. Compared to most uchis she has one (if not the) most broadly appealing design.

id die for the new cat........
I can see lots of pink/pastel themed islands favouring that new pink/blue gradient cub too!
Other than that, I think a lot of the old designs will remain big fan favourites like Marshal, Marina, Ankha, etc
Depends what other new designs (or potentially entirely new animals) we have in store!

I want that new cat and Reneigh, since I can't use Link for Epona, or Felyne anymore.

That cat will be the next Marshal I bet. He seems really popular already.

I reckon it'll go like this for the 6 new ones we know of:

1. Cat
2. Reneigh
3. Bear (bigger one)
4. Bearcub
5. Goat
6. Sheep

Forgot about the orange wolf, probably inbetween 2 and 3!
And the red elephant, probably 7.

Last edited:
I reckon it'll go like this for the 6 new ones we know of:

1. Cat
2. Reneigh
3. Bear (bigger one)
4. Bearcub
5. Goat
6. Sheep

I’m really surprised you’d put the bear in 3rd place—are the bears overall popular? I’ve never cared much for them, and the new one is easily my least favorite of the bunch.

I surprisingly don't like these two new villagers. I definitely gravitate more towards the red elephant, blue goat, & new sheep. But I can see that little space bear being very popular!

Last edited:
If it were just because he’s new, all the other new animals should be getting the same attention, which they clearly aren’t. You really can’t see it at all? His overall design is solid, the mismatched eyes are unique, and he just oozes stylish coolness! He’s not my “type” of villager necessarily, but I definitely get the appeal.

Ah what I meant is his popularity over the other cats, not his popularity over the other new villagers. I rate this new goat the cutest goat, and I think many rate Reneigh as the best horse, but if I'm gonna limit the number of each species in my village to get more variety, I would pick many cats over this new one.

I guess I don't really see heterochromia as stylish or unique really. With huskies (one of my fav dogs!) the rate is I think about 15% mismatched eye color, so fairly common. It doesn't make an animal any less or more appealing to me. I guess the other cats just seem more uniquely styled. I get it when he resembles a cat someone actually has though!

I wouldn't be surprised if the new cat quickly becomes a fan favourite. I think most of the new villagers will be highly popular, at least to begin with, just because of the novelty. After that wears off, some will be less sought after but I suspect the cat and bearcub won't be among that group.

I think the cat will be. But the one I must have is the goat.

Everyone seem to forget that new red female wolf ! (Well that?s kind of given because we have no hd render yet but still !)
I?m super excited for her and the new cat. ♥️

Last edited:
i just got done reading everyone's response, phew

along with many others, i really like reneigh- i already have a soft spot for uchi villagers anyways haha (uchi and peppy are my favorites.)

also, i didn't know the villagers we start with have to be uchi and jock?

and honestly i don't think the sheep will be as popular- i literally see no one talking about her. what do you guys think?
and who else likes to get non-popular villagers?

(edit: just looked at the red wolf villager- I LOVE HER, WHAT)

Last edited:
Back