• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What is your *least* favorite flower?

Least fave?

• Pansies

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Roses

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Tulips

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Windflowers

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Mums

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Lillies

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Hyacinths

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Cosmos

Votes: 25 15.9%

• Total voters
Hm, I'd say my lineup from favorite to least favorite would have to be:

1. Hyacinths
2. Mums
3. Pansies
4. Cosmos
5. Tulips
6. Roses
7. Windflowers
8. Lilies

I hate lilies. I have nooooo lilies on my island at all, except of course Lily of the Valley.

I actually do really love REAL lilies, but in AC they just look so weird to me.

My favorite to least favorite would be:

1. Roses
2. Hyacinths
3. Mums
4. Cosmos
5. Windflowers
6. Tulips
7. Pansies
8. Lilies

I've never cared too much for the cosmos. They just look... sad? They're better now in HD, but they just looked extra sad and spindly in past games. Everything else just looks fuller and more beautiful.

Lilies are second least favorite. As someone who liked growing the hybrids, it annoyed me that there was no "complicated" lily color to work towards. I guess it just left me thinking that they're boring.

If I had to pick, I guess maybe Pansies? The black part is just very thick and makes them less colorful than the others.
But, even then, I don't hate or even really dislike them. They're just not my top favorite.

I really don't like how the tulips look in NH
That's funny, because I used to be indifferent to tulips in all other games up to New Horizons. I dunno what it is about tulips now, but I find them so lush and pretty. Especially purple and black ones.

For me it changes from time to time but from favorite to least favorite (roughly)

1. Windflowers
2. Hyacinths
3. Mums
4. Cosmos
5. Lilies
6. Pansies
7. Tulips
8. Roses

pansies would be at the bottom except I really love the orange pansies.

the first 5 I really love and use all the time. I love the variations in shades of the different colors. I really like how the orange windflowers looks with the purple or blue hyacinths, as it reminds me of poppies and lupines in my home state of California.

the windflowers have a lot of my favorite colors and I like how they look like they have delicate petals which should be touched with dew.

hyacinths also looks soft and I like their different shape.

Initially I did not love the lilies, which are my native flower, but now I appreciate how different of a shape they have from other flowers. And I think the pink, red, and orange lilies are especially good colors.

love the almost neon pink of the cosmos and the wide open shape. And the black cosmos are my favorite black flowers.

love the mums but do not like the pink and purple colors of them.

tulips are okay, I like their candy colors but don’t use them very often. I do like the white tulips now, though I initially didn’t because they are not true white.

the roses are okay, I like their muted colors in some situations. But they looks somehow flatter than the other flowers, not sure what it is, and just don’t pop as much to me.

i use all the flowers on my island, and I really like best seeing them mixed together in pleasing ways and playing with the different shapes and color shades.

Most favorite: White hyacinth supremacy.
Least favorite: Any color of roses. I barely have any on my island, only a few for garden wagon crafting purposes. xD

really not a fan of the tulips, they’re just so boring in my eyes and not my style.

windflowers are massively underrated tbh, the blue ones are gorgeous especially if you have a whole field of them.

I'll list mine from most favourite to least favourite. and the reason why I put them in that spot. Though, I'll be less descriptive as I go down the list. Top 3 will likely be the most descriptive, while the rest are just a positive and a negative about them.

Anyways, the list:

1. Cosmos
These actually use to be one of my least favourites, mostly because I didn't really like how they looked and I found them difficult to fit in places. The lower resolutions just made them look very generic to me, but since the release of New Horizons, their updated visuals on 1080p honest made them a lot more appealing. New Horizon's colours are also a bit more vibrant, and the vibrant colours on cosmos really makes them pop out a bit more.

2. Mums
I just like chrysanthemums in real life, honestly. The little potted chrysanthemums 'bushes' I see always seem to cheer me up. And while they don't have a wide variety of colours like other flowers, they are pretty unique with having a green hybrid, which is really appealing to me. I always seem to have green and purple mums scattered across my island because they're so simple to work with.

3. Roses
I mean, they're roses. Roses are nice... and to be honest, I just love the wide variety of hybrids roses have to offer. They range from very easy to get oranges, blacks, pinks, etc all the way to the pain in the neck blue roses. They're always fun to work with, since they look so nice and have a ton of variety as I mentioned just earlier. And as a bonus, going for the more pain in the neck blue rose is a nice goal to work on that ends up being really rewarding.

4. Pansies
These use to be my favourite, but I guess things lose their luster with time. In New Horizons, I just find them fairly generic these days. On the plus side, they at least have really nice vibrant colours that are easy to work with.

5. Lilies
I'd honestly place Lilies on the same level as pansies, minus the use to being my favourite. While I don't find them generic as much as I do pansies, they just lack colour variation and are so large and bulky looking and are hard to work with outdoors. On the plus side, they make fantastic furniture pieces indoors.

6. Hyacinth
I only like these slightly less than pansies and lilies. I just don't like how they look; tall and narrow, and they're just a pain to work with outdoors. On the plus side, they're not impossible to work with outdoors and they also at least have a decent variety of colours and look nice indoors, to some degree.

7. Tulip
Honestly... I just don't like how they look in New Horizons. They look like plastic to me. They're difficult to work with, even indoors. The only thing they got going for me is that at least they have decent colour variety and the tulip crowns at least look decent (especially the black one).

8. Windflower

Sigh. These things. They look awful and generic beyond belief to me, and they look even more plastic than tulips do. They have so little colour variety as well, its almost disappointing. The only redeeming thing about them is they are at least easy to work with both indoors and outdoors, especially in small gardens in front of villager homes.

Anyways, sorry for the massive long post. I'm just a fan of flowers in general, one of those few things that make me smile a little when I see em'.

I picked cosmos, is not that I hate them, but are the flowers I use the least.
Overall I think I like them all. I like flowers <3

Favourite to least favourite:

1. Pansies
My favourite overall, have been my favourite as long as I can remember. I've always liked them in real life, too! Maybe childhood Animal Crossing memories have something to do with that...😅
I reset my second island specifically to have them as natives; I love island-hopping and seeing pansies everywhere. (too bad my second island was founded less than a month after the infamous 1.2.0 update that removed the hybrid islands...😭😭)
I also prefer the newer, darker purple over the pink/purple pansies from the Gamecube era. However, it would be nice for the earlier purple design to one day return, maybe as a 'pink' option!

2. Cosmos
My native flower on my primary island, did not even know about native flowers at the time! I've had a garden of them arranged in a pattern in front of my house/on my flyover since summer 2020. Even all this time later, it never gets old to boot up ACNH and my first moments are walking outside, right into the huge cosmos garden. :blush:
(They could really use some cooler palettes, though. I sure do miss the blue cosmos from the Gamecube era.)

3. Windflowers
I didn't expect to like these as much as I did, but seeing as I love pansies, their dark centers appealed to me. I love their darker options, and I even like their pink option, which is a rarity for me.

4. Roses
They're about middle of the road for me. They're versatile because roses, the dark shades are nice, and I'm a glutton for punishment who spent hours on that one ACNH flower genetics website and developed a long-winded, yet foolproof method for my sibling and I to breed blue roses. I think in total it took about six to seven months?? But definitely worth it for 2-1-2-0 black roses. 😤
(Oh yes, who can forget how ridiculously campy (in a good way) the gold roses are? Almost forgot them!)

5. Tulips
My secondary flower in ACNH because of starting in March. They're fine but I think I prefer others more. At least they have a black option, so 👍
(unfortunately, this was the only pre-1.2.0 hybrid island I was lucky enough to see in person. I would have preferred to behold cosmos hybrid island, given my options, but RNG gonna RNG.)

6. Mums
They're decent, I suppose, but they're just a little too bright and candy-coloured for me to find a use for them. However, the green is a nice option that none of the other flowers have, so they found a place on my island from that alone.

7. Lilies
As a whole, I prefer these over the mums. But the mums having a unique colour to them inched them up just barely. I also agree that these would benefit from a 'harder' hybrid step; these crossbreed very easily and quickly, and I personally prefer the challenge.

8. Hyacinths
Ehh, I find these boring. Back before Leif was updated into ACNH, my sibling brought me some hyacinths from cleaning up a friend's flower mess. They lasted about...two hours on my island before I went 'ehh' and removed them. They really just don't work for me, and despite them having blue/purple options, I prefer almost every other flower's blue/purple. I'd even prefer violets, which were at the bottom of my totem pole in ACNL.🤷‍♂️

uhh tl;dr: I love pansies, prefer darker shades, and do not like hyacinths.

hyacinths. they’re not awful by any means, but i‘ve never been a huge fan of them, especially the common ones (white, red, yellow). it’s kind of ironic that they’re my least favourite, though, since they just so happen to be my native flower. 😅

Cosmos kinda look strange in NH, whuch is probably why its my least favorite, second goes to hyacinths in some colors although I like the purple and white variations more

I will do like some people here, a little top. From best to worst:
  • Roses
  • Mums
  • Hyacinths
  • Pansies
  • Cosmos
  • Windflowers
  • Tulips
  • Lilies

Pansies in NH are my least favorite. Lilies are pretty close with cosmos right after. Roses and windflowers are by far my favorites.

From best to worst

1. Hyacinths (particularly the white ones!)
2. Tulips
3. Windflowers (the purple ones are 😚👌)
4. Mums
5. Roses
6. Cosmos
7. Pansies
8. Lilies (thought they were great in NL but in NH they look a bit... off?)

i wouldn't say i actively dislike any of them, but my three least favorites would probably be pansies, hyacinths and lilies -- in no particular order. the pansies' coloring is off to me because of the darker middles -- it generally looks better on the windflowers to me, largely because it's smaller. for example, white pansies end up looking purple. hyacinths just look gangly? i think it would help if there was a second "tall" flower to complement them. and the lilies... idk, i just don't care for the design that much.

Back