• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What do you think is the worst news about AC:NH?

There is no bad news in my opinion. From a consumer standpoint, the delay is disapointing, but I do think it will make the game better in the long run.

One town per console makes me mad. I get why they did it, but seriously they didn?t take in the fact that people could have siblings that would also like an island of their own. I?m stuck sharing a island with my brother (which he?ll be in charge of). He?d probably let me do like small things but I was really hoping that each file on the switch could get their own island :( I know some people might say that it would be too much as we could continuously make accounts on the switch therefore making new islands, but all us AC fans love designing towns (or in this case islands), because we have so many different ideas and themes for them that?d we would want to put into place. Plus the fact that some people enjoy the process of starting a new town/island, because we get to do everything over again, but differently. Also, the sense of buying a new Switch for a new island is ridiculous. Who would actually do that? It?s just not fair.

It looks to me like all of the human will be equal, unlike NL that had the first player as mayor and everyone else as subordinates. During local co-op play, you can even change the host. Anyone can put things down in the town.

The delay was the worst part for me. A few other things were mildly disappointing, but none of them are deal-breakers. I'm not a fan of the focus on crafting (at least early in the game), I'm not thrilled by the graphics (they look on par with Pocket Camp, and not nearly as good as the MK8 course), and I'm disappointed that we can't make multiple islands without buying another Switch. I would say no cloud saves too, but that wasn't really news, just a confirmation of what we pretty much knew already.

But of course, there's still time for some of those things to possibly change. I'm sure they'll use the extra time to improve the game far beyond what they've shown so far.

Yeah, I really hate the crafting. Of course, I don?t mind some crafting in the game but I mean it?s basically turning into Minecraft. I originally came for the cutesy life sim game where it was about customizing, buying things, and talking to villagers. if Nintendo makes the game revolve around crafting it would turn off people like me who came for the aspect that I mentioned and most of all the players who have played the AC series from the start.

Last edited:
It looks to me like all of the human will be equal, unlike NL that had the first player as mayor and everyone else as subordinates. During local co-op play, you can even change the host. Anyone can put things down in the town.

They might mean that their brother is a dominating personality and will want things a certain way on "his" island. I had two cousins who shared a WW town, and they fought a lot about what was allowed in their shared house. My older cousin wanted things a certain way, but my younger cousin just liked putting items she liked wherever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The delay is pretty big for me - its a bummer.

I'm not 100% sold on the island thing. I was hoping you would be able to choose from different areas to customize so you could have different vibes. But the game looks beautiful and fun, so I think I'll enjoy it no matter what.

The fact that all this takes place on an island.

it does take place on an island, but it doesn't have to be an island. it's kinda like the new leaf town. the outside was surrounded by beaches but that didn't change anything on the inside of the town. the same goes for new horizons. whatever you want the inside to look like, it will, and just because the outside has a beach to it, doesn't mean that the inside has to feel tropical haha.

plus, many islands irl aren't all that tropical. take galveston island in texas for example. not a tropical feel at all until you hit the tourist shops haha. it has a business district and shops and neighborhoods...

i think that this animal crossing game can still be played however we want to play it.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is there being no cloud saves. I'm always nervous about losing all the work I've done in my town since I've had problems like that with so many games. The autosave makes it a little better though. I'm just praying I don't do something stupid and break my Switch or lose it or something haha. But also one of like the main features of Nintendo Switch Online is the cloud saves and it doesn't even apply to lots of games like Pokemon Lets Go so I don't even see the point of listing it as a feature. But I'm just talking about Nintendo at this point not New Horizons sorry lol

The town will be on an island, and not a forest.

Agreed. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only thing I'm disappointed about is there being no cloud saves. I'm always nervous about losing all the work I've done in my town since I've had problems like that with so many games. The autosave makes it a little better though. I'm just praying I don't do something stupid and break my Switch or lose it or something haha. But also one of like the main features of Nintendo Switch Online is the cloud saves and it doesn't even apply to lots of games like Pokemon Lets Go so I don't even see the point of listing it as a feature. But I'm just talking about Nintendo at this point not New Horizons sorry lol
I can just imagine all the data the cloud would have to take in from Pokemon & AC NH alone. :p

it does take place on an island, but it doesn't have to be an island. it's kinda like the new leaf town. the outside was surrounded by beaches but that didn't change anything on the inside of the town. the same goes for new horizons. whatever you want the inside to look like, it will, and just because the outside has a beach to it, doesn't mean that the inside has to feel tropical haha.

plus, many islands irl aren't all that tropical. take galveston island in texas for example. not a tropical feel at all until you hit the tourist shops haha. it has a business district and shops and neighborhoods...

i think that this animal crossing game can still be played however we want to play it.

Yeah, I definitely know an island does not have to be tropical at all (and I'm glad it doesn't in ACNH),and actually, I cringe every time I see a blog or news website talking about ACNH taking place on "a tropical paradise" or a "tropical island". Like wth, don't you see it snows in the island? Or the fact that fall even takes place, or there are deciduous trees? Anyway, what I don't like about the island is that I will feel alone and stranded on the middle of the ocean. I liked to move from one place to another by train, it gave the game a European look.

Last edited:
While I like the fact we get a new location completely, it's also my least favourite thing? Like it's cool that it's going to make this game in the series unique and I'm excited to play in a new setting but the forest town setting is a huge part of AC for me and will definitely take some getting used to.

Yeah, I definitely know an island does not have to be tropical at all (and I'm glad it doesn't in ACNH),and actually, I cringe every time I see a blog or news website talking about ACNH taking place on "a tropical paradise" or a "tropical island". Like wth, don't you see it snows in the island? Or the fact that fall even takes place, or there are deciduous trees? Anyway, what I don't like about the island is that I will feel alone and stranded on the middle of the ocean. I liked to move from one place to another by train, it gave the game a European look.

such a good point! it does irk me that the media is saying its gonna be a tropical paradise... because in new leaf, you were the mayor and it was technically supposed to be a town but yet we made it into a forest or island or any type of themed town! I feel like it'll be the same with new horizons too!

I guess there isn't a lot of bad things. the only thing is it's a little different from the other games, so it may take some time to get used to. but I'll never abandon New Leaf ^^

Last edited:
Fun fact it does snow on Hawaii. You find it up on the volcanic mountains, but I get your guys' point.

I guess I'm bummed about only one island per Switch. I thought it would be nice to make a second island when the first island is super built up.

for me it's a tie between crafting and the island theme. i've never been that into tropical stuff, i'm really hoping it doesn't leak into the music much :c

Everything so far sounds great, except lack of cloud saves... Pokemon has Pokemon HOME (and Bank before that releases) to store important things in that series, which just leaves Animal Crossing as the one game I desperately would enjoy some peace of mind for concerning my save file...

The island aspect of the game doesn't bother me at all. I think when most people hear "island" they immediately think of places that are mostly tropical. But there are many different types of islands, take Ireland or Japan, for example.

That being said the only thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that I'll only be able to have one town per console. I have 4 different NL towns and was hoping to have a similar experience with NH.

Back