• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What do you think about the music from New Horizons now?

Has your opinion on the music of New Horizons changed?

• Yes, in a way that I like it now

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • No, I still dislike it

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Yes, I initially liked it but grew annoyed by it

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • No, I still liked it in the first place

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • It really depends on each soundtrack

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
i really vibe with 7am, but other than that, i pretty much hate NH's soundtrack. it's pretty repetitive and annoying, which sucks because the past animal crossing games have had some of the best soundtracks i've heard.

i actually had a somewhat favourable opinion of it at first but it got worse over time. now most tracks are annoying for me. 5-6pm are pretty okay though.

the only hourly song i like is 5am but it has to be raining/snowing

I liked it initially, although I had to get used to it for a bit and I still like it! I usually find myself nodding along when I play :) and I hate playing the game without the sound on, it's just not the same!

I never really had a problem with it, but I usually play with a YouTube video in the background instead anyways, so I don't listen to it very often 🤷‍♀️

Locking music behind the status of your island was a terrible idea. They should had made it last only a day and then the Nook's somehow juryrig some kind of intercom system around the island to play music or whatever.

That was a really poor decision. I don't hate the music, but I also don't like it. Some tracks are better than others and some are just horrible. 2PM and 5PM take the cake.

I would say that I tolerate the music. There wasn't a option on the poll for that, but I just tolerate it at this point.

Someone on Youtube makes remixes/their own music for NH and I wish they were the composers. I love their 5PM funk rendition.
In this one, they spliced actual footage with their music. I don't know...this is the kind of music I was hoping for...the NH music is not bad, but it doesn't really capture the energy of Animal Crossing (to me)
That 5pm remix...🔥
👍👍

That's me hahah! thanks!

I still like some songs, but there's a bunch that I dislike.

If I had to compare it to the other games in the series that I played (ACGC and New Leaf, as I played Wild World but only a little - although I enjoyed most of the songs in the game), I still think it's not on the same level of those soundtracks.

And I'll keep saying that, I would absolutely love if they gave us the ability to make our own playlists with all the songs from every mainline AC game. Even better: do you know that cap that has a pair of headphones? I was thinking about that just the other day, but it would be great if we could use that like an MP3 player (so it would work like a regular stereo). Imagine that!

Personally, my opinion is unchanged. I liked the music when I first listened to all of it, and I still like it. That being said, I do also miss the piano from NL as others have stated. If Nintendo put in a function to change which games' hourly music played, that would be awesome so I could switch between CF, NL, and NH.

That being said, I still happily hum along to many of the NH music so it's cool with me.

I liked the music a lot, I'm a big fan of the jazzy chords and I actually happen to like the synth lead they use. Most of the time. And I think all the hate it brings makes me like it all the more, almost like I wanna defend it. Probably also the reason why I maintain that 3am is the best track in the game. Can't change my mind. Fite me.

My opinion hasn't change much, it's alright and I like it for the most part. I'll still listen to it in game and sometimes on youtube. Nothing is going to beat the banger of a soundtrack that ACGC had and that's fine. Though the best tracks in NH is still 3am and 5pm, absolute gems they are.

i absolutely adore the 5 am music but other than that i don't really care for it, i don't hate it but i also don't really like it either lol

Yeah, I don't know, it doesn't affect me as much. I can say that I agree ACNL had a better soundtrack but I honestly don't remember it, lol! So anyone can say "I miss the 12PM music" and I'm like yep don't remember that.

mine hasn’t. i liked it in the beginning and i still like it now. wild world’s soundtrack is still my favourite, though, but new horizons’ is good, too! :)

I liked the music a lot, I'm a big fan of the jazzy chords and I actually happen to like the synth lead they use. Most of the time. And I think all the hate it brings makes me like it all the more, almost like I wanna defend it. Probably also the reason why I maintain that 3am is the best track in the game. Can't change my mind. Fite me.

I honestly like the jazzy soundtrack of NH too, but...2pm.

2pm is like: *great intro*

also 2 pm:
WEEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEEE YOH

While I may not find most of the other hourly soundtracks memorable, I do still find them enjoyable enough to listen to while playing. But maaan, 2pm drives me up the freakin' wall.😅

I honestly like the jazzy soundtrack of NH too, but...2pm.

2pm is like: *great intro*

also 2 pm:
WEEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEEE YOH

While I may not find most of the other hourly soundtracks memorable, I do still find them enjoyable enough to listen to while playing. But maaan, 2pm drives me up the freakin' wall.😅
I can agree with you on that one, 2pm is awful lmao.

I find that New Leaf's music was had more variety than New Horizons, if someone quizzed me on New Leaf's hourly soundtrack, I could tell you which time went with which tracks, but with New Horizons, except for a few hourly tracks they all sound the same to me (Maybe cause there is the same instruments....) I think New Leaf will always be first in my books, I LOVED the soundtrack.

never played NL, but the WW music has a very special place in my heart and will always be my fave, with ACGC as a close second.
NH though...I dunno. 5am is nice, but aside from that I find it a little grating and jarring compared to what I'd prefer from an animal crossing game? a lot of the music in the past was memorable for being weird or silly, sure, but I feel like they usually weren't as _irritating_ as the hourly themes in NH can be to me lol

Back