• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What do you think about the music from New Horizons now?

Has your opinion on the music of New Horizons changed?

• Yes, in a way that I like it now

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • No, I still dislike it

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Yes, I initially liked it but grew annoyed by it

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • No, I still liked it in the first place

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • It really depends on each soundtrack

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I don't dislike it as much as I used to, there are certain hours however that are unbearable and I will avoid playing at those times, mainly 2pm. but I still think every other soundtrack in the series is x100 times better. there is not one hourly song in NH that is better than the ones in NL imo, but like I said I've become more accustomed to the soundtrack as of recent.

Most of them I can tolerate, but tracks like 2 p.m. are so bad. I have to keep turning my volume up and down at different times of the day, lol.

I’ve also been playing NL on the side, and I find the music from the T.I.Y expansion to be stuck in my head all day.

Meanwhile, I can’t even remember the music from the NH shops, even though I’ve spent 4x as much on NH than NL.

I think it's still bland. There's a few tracks that are okay but none that I'd want to listen to in my spare time. Half of them sound the same and they all just... don't sound like Animal Crossing. Despite my feelings on the game, the music was the thing I was the most disappointed by.

I still think the new leaf music was better. I haven’t played any other games besides new leaf and new horizons because I started playing in 2016 but I’ve heard the music from earlier games was good too. I despise the 2pm music in new horizons lol. Other than that it’s just not very memorable and it all kind of blends together. I miss the 7pm music from new leaf

I don't think the songs are bad, in fact I love 7 AM, but I still think New Leaf's songs were better. Re-listening to every hourly song in New Leaf makes me feel things, if that makes sense.

I'm still fine with it. It's not amazing but I do like it. 6PM is the only song I really like a fair bit though (wish my family didn't typically have dinner then lol).

Wild World/City Folk soundtrack will always be my fave though, followed by New Leaf.

i was just thinking about this yesterday! as with many others, i much prefer nl's music to nh - it was one of the few things i was actually disappointed about with this game. i'm sure a lot of that has to do with nostalgia, but i think it was also just better.

unpopular opinion though - i like it much more now. it's starting to retain some nostalgia for me since it's been out for so long. as per usual, i really like the late night songs much more than any other time (because that's when i used to play animal crossing the most). i think over time, i'll grow to enjoy it even more (but i still don't think it compares to nl's music x).

I honestly like the jazzy soundtrack of NH too, but...2pm.

2pm is like: *great intro*

also 2 pm:
WEEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEEE YOH

While I may not find most of the other hourly soundtracks memorable, I do still find them enjoyable enough to listen to while playing. But maaan, 2pm drives me up the freakin' wall.😅
I definitely agree with you at 2 pm. As a bonus, I'll provide the full annoying synth lyrics to the song to go even more insane.
*Depressing intro*

WEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEE WEEE YOH

WEEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEEEE YOH

*Depressing music*

WEE YOH
WEEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEE WEE YOH

WEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEEEEEEE YOH

WEE WEE WEEEEEEEEEEE
WEE WEE WEE YOOOOOOH

*Depressing music then loop from the beginning*

i don't think that the new horizons music is terrible, but compared to the new leaf music it just doesn't hold up. a lot of the tunes sound very generic + correct me if i'm wrong, but it feels like some tunes are used for more than just 1 hour a day? or some them just sound the same, i have no clue. i still find most music enjoyable to listen to while i'm playing, but they're just not as iconic as the music in new leaf in my opinion.

I really don't mind the music that much. I definetly prefer NL's soundtrack more, but oh well. I still keep the volume up when I play. The only real complaint I have is 5pm. It's something special.

I enjoyed some of the hourly tracks when the game first released (namely the slower beats like 5 a.m. and 6 a.m.). They have such a peaceful tone to them and matched the vibe of an island that was asleep or just waking up. I loved chilling by the beach or going about my morning chores while listening to these. However, I still find most have no...soul/personality to them? Some are also similar or don't fit the time of day (e.g.: 9 p.m./10 p.m. sound similar, and 12 a.m. seems like it could be an afternoon track). Most have always felt off.

They did a great job with the holiday tracks though. I love the Halloween, Toy Day, and New Year's Day ones. 🥰

I definitely agree with you at 2 pm. As a bonus, I'll provide the full annoying synth lyrics to the song to go even more insane.
*Depressing intro*

WEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEE WEEE YOH

WEEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEEEE YOH

*Depressing music*

WEE YOH
WEEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEE WEE YOH

WEEEEEE YOH
WEEEEEEEEEE YOH

WEE YOH WEE YOH
WEE WEEEEEEE YOH

WEE WEE WEEEEEEEEEEE
WEE WEE WEE YOOOOOOH

*Depressing music then loop from the beginning*
The *depressing music* made me chuckle, that's so accurate 🤣😂🤣

I still think it's pretty meh with some bangers, but now when I listen to the OST I feel a bit of nostalgia of when the game first released and when everything was all new....

I actually find New Horizons to have the second best hourly themes in the series - only second to the GCN one.

New Leaf had a larger variety of tracks. You know - more buildings, more areas, more things to do. I think NH just doesn't have that much tracks outside of the hourly music. And they only added 3 K.K. songs (one of which is just the main theme of the game)! Ridiculous.

Back